Beta Launch Day: Common Questions and Answers

"
Maybe I am the only one, maybe not. But when I try to launch the beta client, it crashes before the login screen even shows up (Windows 10 shows "Path of Exile x64 has stopped working")

Any help at all would be much appreciated. I have emailed support, but if someone has encountered this and solved it, maybe I can get a faster solution.

yea i got the same, was fast enough to do options then my log in account/password then crash
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
"
"
staxl wrote:
Still downloading but no Beta key AKAIK i'm well over the lifetime $$$ amount, no PM, nothing in my transaction history or via email. don't use steam either. puzzled

I received the beta pm just a little over 5 min prior to go-live. There was no key, just links to instructions on install/accessing the beta. I went through steam and when I picked the beta it just automatically started downloading without the need to validate a key. But like I said before, it's super slow, will try again tomorrow when hopefully there's less traffic.

Well client downloaded smoothly but no dice...
Well, I'd add one moar question to this. Tbh I thought You will use account's characters transfer lol o.O and now, rollin oooonce again from zero to hero, when I wanted to test some specific gear ehm... I'm kinda disapointed here.

Peace
Seeing is believing
Wait, so once I opt in to the Beta on Steam it REPLACES PoE with PoE Beta?!?!

That's not how you do betas on Steam. Betas for games always have a separate entry in the game list. I still haven't finished the challenges I want to in Legacy. Do you mean to say I have to OPT OUT of the beta every single time I want to switch back?
Incursion: @Ironclination
Hardcore: @Unbereavabre
Standard: @Halgondas @Risendelle @Risendell @SummonRangaSpirits
"
staxl wrote:
"
"
staxl wrote:
Still downloading but no Beta key AKAIK i'm well over the lifetime $$$ amount, no PM, nothing in my transaction history or via email. don't use steam either. puzzled

I received the beta pm just a little over 5 min prior to go-live. There was no key, just links to instructions on install/accessing the beta. I went through steam and when I picked the beta it just automatically started downloading without the need to validate a key. But like I said before, it's super slow, will try again tomorrow when hopefully there's less traffic.

Well client downloaded smoothly but no dice...

People with over 500$ dont get a Key. They just have to download the Beta client and log in.
Must admit tyhat so far GGG is doing excellent job here.
"
KimmEEE wrote:

People with over 500$ dont get a Key. They just have to download the Beta client and log in.

I spent more but was unable to login, ... so... had made my choice and get off my 60$ to support GGG again :)
Last edited by BestiyaLV on Jun 8, 2017, 3:28:28 AM
"
Hagitsu wrote:
Well, I'd add one moar question to this. Tbh I thought You will use account's characters transfer lol o.O and now, rollin oooonce again from zero to hero, when I wanted to test some specific gear ehm... I'm kinda disapointed here.

Peace

It's a beta to test the game client. Besides, everything is imbalanced on the beta. No point trying out builds.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
WTB: Ability to upload my characters from the live servers to the beta. PST

<3

Plz? :-D
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
IronMask75 wrote:
Wait, so once I opt in to the Beta on Steam it REPLACES PoE with PoE Beta?!?!

That's not how you do betas on Steam.

I have only one game in my steam library that have two position: one for main and second for beta, This game is Starbound. Every other games have beta branches, that can be switched in game properties and replaced main version.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info