[LOOTFILTER] FilterBlade - editor, with lootgeneration & more - optimized for NeverSink's filter

hi, fencoil dont appear with the blue border and is a fated unique (Mirebough), sorry my bad english, and thanks foe the awesome filter
filters structure update bricked like 20% of my filter rip 233 changes >.< going to take me ages to fix. I switched to filter blade so I didn't have to pull my hair out every time a new league happened and I wanted to edit a few colors >.<

oh, I see, lootfilter changed how "fading" was done, so instead of adding a 4th 1-255 for fading it changed it to a 1.000-0.001, this bricked anything that used fading in the old filter structure... zzz
Last edited by Mr_Aek on Apr 5, 2018, 8:26:15 AM
"
Mr_Aek wrote:
filters structure update bricked like 20% of my filter rip 233 changes >.< going to take me ages to fix. I switched to filter blade so I didn't have to pull my hair out every time a new league happened and I wanted to edit a few colors >.<

oh, I see, lootfilter changed how "fading" was done, so instead of adding a 4th 1-255 for fading it changed it to a 1.000-0.001, this bricked anything that used fading in the old filter structure... zzz

What do you mean? What exactly happened?

The optional 0-255 for opacity is for PoE filters only, so we often have to convert them for anything else on the website because those use the format from 0 to 1.
But any filter always has the 0-255 format and we never had any problems in regard.
- Tobnac, FilterBlade developer
"

The optional 0-255 for opacity is for PoE filters only, so we often have to convert them for anything else on the website because those use the format from 0 to 1.
But any filter always has the 0-255 format and we never had any problems in regard.

I spent close to 20h custom making a filter using filterblade before the league started, I even edited in new cards/ect. ended having like 1400 changes from the original filter (pretty much changed everything). I didn't change nets because I didn't know at the time what color/size/style I wanted them (decided I wanted to highlight the top 3 nets and I feel the league is an orange league lol).

Everything else was good, just needed to change the colors/sizes of the nets, went to go upload my filter (which was still saved on browser cache) and it said it couldn't load 233 changes, and reverted them all to the default neversink (random ugly colors, max size, max volume nonsense).

I noticed when using my filter.txt to fix all the colors that all the changes that got bricked were the ones that used the 0-255 for opacity to reverted to default on filterblade.

The current filter works just fine, there's no issue with it. But when uploading it to filterblade to edit a few colors a large amount of my changes were bricked.

This is the error I got when loading the save state I made on 100% custom only on filterblade:

Save state number 1 loaded. 233 changes could not be loaded
due to changes to the filter. Invalidated sections:
Uniques (12 times)
83/84 crafting bases (14 times)
Atlas bases (6 times)
Endgame-Rares-T3-ArmSmall
Endgame-Rares-T4-ArmSmall
Elder items random (5 times)
Shaper Random (5 times)
Elder items exceptions (15 times)
Shaper items T2 (26 times)
Elder items T2 (20 times)
Shaper items T1 (40 times)
Elder Exceptions (15 times)
Elder items T1 (35 times)
86 crafting bases (6 times)
Divination Cards (29 times)
86 crafting rares (3 times)

---

maybe I'm wrong and it was something else entirely. Annoying nonetheless.
Last edited by Mr_Aek on Apr 5, 2018, 7:03:14 PM
"
Mr_Aek wrote:
"

I spent close to 20h custom making a filter using filterblade before the league started, I even edited in new cards/ect. ended having like 1400 changes from the original filter (pretty much changed everything). I didn't change nets because I didn't know at the time what color/size/style I wanted them (decided I wanted to highlight the top 3 nets and I feel the league is an orange league lol).

Everything else was good, just needed to change the colors/sizes of the nets, went to go upload my filter (which was still saved on browser cache) and it said it couldn't load 233 changes, and reverted them all to the default neversink (random ugly colors, max size, max volume nonsense).

I noticed when using my filter.txt to fix all the colors that all the changes that got bricked were the ones that used the 0-255 for opacity to reverted to default on filterblade.

The current filter works just fine, there's no issue with it. But when uploading it to filterblade to edit a few colors a large amount of my changes were bricked.

This is the error I got when loading the save state I made on 100% custom only on filterblade:

Uniques (12 times)
Atlas bases (6 times)
Shaper Random (5 times)

---

I assume when you say "upload" you just mean loading you saveState and not actually uploading the filter file, right?

That being said, this is not a problem of opacity or anything but simply one of the downsides of being able to "merge" your customization into newer filter versions: Invalidations.

We intentionally "deleted" those changes you made because they interfere with the actual filter update.
E.g. All the Shaper and Elder items: NS completely reworked that entire section multiple times to improve it's actual evaluation of those items. Those changes made it impossible for us to correctly load the changes you made, so we invalidated them so they won't cause any bugs or problems.

We KNOW this is annoying and frustrating and are working on minimizing the amount of invalidations all the time, but its either THAT or not being able to update your customized filter at all.

One tip I wanna give you tho is to try out the "Style" screen and the Quick Functions and Command Builder on the Advanced screen. Those are great for big and filter-wide edits. Easy to do, quickly done and won't be affected by those invalidations because they aren't specific for one section of the filter but the entire filter or some roughly chosen sections of it.
- Tobnac, FilterBlade developer
I'll try it out, took me about 2h to fix all the errors. I was super picky and had hand-crafted a filter ages ago, but it was a pain to upkeep when you have to work in the .txt and keep reloading in poe to see how it looked. transferring that filter to filterblade was a pain, but I did it.
"
Mr_Aek wrote:

Uniques (12 times)
Atlas bases (6 times)
Shaper Random (5 times)

FilterBlade is designed to save the CHANGES you do and always load them into the latest filter version. Again: it saves your CHANGES, NOT the filter. Think of your changes as a key and the filter as a lock.

As you know: the game evolves. For instance the economy regarding shaper/elder items has changes completely and entirely. The same applies to the crafting bases.

We can merge most user-made changes with the new filter. However, when it comes to large architecture changes: the key simply does not fit the lock anymore - at all.

This doesn't happen frequently, however it does happen during larger updates (notoriously: divination cards/uniques get invalidated more often because each league has very different economies). On the bright side, when this happens, there's usually a good reason and the new architecture usually leads to a better gameplay experience.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Apr 6, 2018, 5:51:27 AM
I use this with some custom changes, but I think the developers take to many decisions on what is meta items and not, a lot of good bases gets filtered out because of this, leading to less good items up for sale of certain bases because a majority of players just use it "as is".
1 example is all the es shield bases that are not T1-T2 gets filtered, eventhough most of them will roll mods a majority of players is willing to pay for (life, res, spell crit, spell dmg).
I also find the UI cluttered and unintuitive to use, too much info isn't always the best option.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Apr 6, 2018, 6:15:01 AM
"
Dkodr wrote:
I use this with some custom changes, but I think the developers take to many decisions on what is meta items and not, a lot of good bases gets filtered out because of this, leading to less good items up for sale of certain bases because a majority of players just use it "as is".
1 example is all the es shield bases that are not T1-T2 gets filtered, eventhough most of them will roll mods a majority of players is willing to pay for (life, res, spell crit, spell dmg).
I also find the UI cluttered and unintuitive to use, too much info isn't always the best option.

You're right that any shield can roll those high rolls. This also applies to all other rares though. However, inventory space is limited, rare items are losing value (especially with the shaper/elder items being introduced). Users are provided with the choice and ability to change their filter and use a lower strictness if they want to see suboptimal bases.

How would you handle it differently? Also can you provide concrete feedback on the UI?
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
NeverSink - I used your neversink loot filter since as long as I can remember and just got a new pc so I need to redownload everything. I'm finally starting to feel the need to increase how strict my filter is so I was glad to see this pop up.

Is this what I want to use with your loot filter to do that?

Also, I'm really, really stupid when it comes to computer stuff. Am I going to be able to figure out how to do this or should I just continue to run your stock filter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info