Race Event 10: 24h BLAMT Malachai

Gib beta key plox :(
Wow, never woulda guessed the meta build was dual wield Sunder.
Seems I truly haven't played in a while :)
This race was super fun, I loved how punishing it was. I ripped in lunaris temple, while crossing a bridge, sniped off-screen by a barrage of those thorn-shooting abominations, which didn't give me time to use the logout macro. I was running self-cast SRS as scion+decoy totem and I had capped ele resists. Overall I'm content considering I started playing PoE like 2 months ago.

It would be cool if GGG made a league like this which ran for 3 months, "hard mode hardcore" maybe? I'd like to see how many players get to mapping and even manage to kill the Shaper in 3 months.
Yes this ends up being a beta key for Veteran racers who took part; 50 keys and right now under 50 who completed.

/Props to the guy on Twitch who is trying to kill Malachi in Cruel as well.
"
carkasjak wrote:
"
Iamod wrote:
Seeing as only 13 people completed it last time, I highly doubt 50 people will get keys. What then? the most furthest in the game get other remaining keys? No one gets others? Crazy fun race, horrible design for reward. and it's going to be the same hardcore racers that win 80% of the time getting another key. two thumbs up

Think of it this way; it's almost certainly a guaranteed beta key if you can even finish this race. It doesn't matter what happens to the other keys if not enough people finish. GGG can invite however many people they want to the beta regardless of how many people get in through races.

Considering people have the time to spend 4-13 hours to complete it(if they don't die). It's basically free keys for people that don't work on the weekends
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
I was going to try the Shadow because no one completed it. Didn't have the time to spare to do so. Work sucks. Probably wouldn't have happened anyway. Hardly any life nodes available.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
just ripped at level 40 to kaom. Had him at a 1/3 hp, he was about to do skulls. Stunlocked by fireballs that instantly dropped on me, he finished me off. At least it was over quick.
"
Photeus wrote:
just ripped at level 40 to kaom. Had him at a 1/3 hp, he was about to do skulls. Stunlocked by fireballs that instantly dropped on me, he finished me off. At least it was over quick.

I also just died to Kaom. I was 43, with 1900hp. I got stunned by the multiproj balls as well, right as all the SRS spawned around me and attacked. Died one step from my portal.

This was my first BLAMT and it was some of the most fun that I've ever had in PoE. Super unforgiving, which makes progress all the more satisfying. I think my heart rate hit 190 during the Brutus fight, what a rush!

So thanks for the crazy race, GGG! I know that the base game will always be tuned for new players, and that's a good thing, but I wish there were more opportunities to level up characters in a very challenging environment like this. I'm not sure how to include that in the normal game without splitting leagues even further (which is undesirable of course), but I know that leveling my characters every league would feel a lot less mundane if I could choose to significantly increase the challenge somehow.

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

This links to a season which runs from "23 July 2016 to 19 August 2016 (NZT)."

Confusing, to say the least. ;)
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jun 4, 2017, 1:27:32 PM
I died at level 33 with my ranger in the hedge maze.... FeelsBadMan

It was my first BLAMT and I had so much fun, thx GGG! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info