[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
piritpham wrote:
I would love to build rt tottem, and I followed you. But I do not feel quick to kill, now I'm going to go to map t12. Can you help me, adjust the gem for each weapon? And tell me the items needed to increase the damage. Thank you

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/piritpham/characters

Your flasks are shit. 1 lifeflask is enough, use well rolled 20% defensive utility flasks like mentioned in the flask section.

with a constant granite (or rumis), basalt and other flasks up... trashmobs will hurt waaay less except the mapmods are crazy af.

bosses shouldn't hit you constantly in the first place on a totem build with the option of decoy totem (for agressive melees)

Gloves and Amulet could need an upgrade as well. No/low life on those.

gem wise (btw offensive) i dont see any orb of storms, instead you use lightning warp for some reason.

i would rewatch the gem section.

cursing, triggering EO and EE with once click will greatly increase your dmg when you need it.

cannot watch the jewels right now, but thats a big source of dps as well.

Thanks Milkyslice
i know need change gloves & Amulet but no money now. Ill change flasks
Last edited by piritpham on Aug 18, 2017, 2:25:52 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
morgoroth wrote:
A question about gear

"Do NOT get any added fire damage for spells on you weapon or other gear!!! It will increase enemy resistances with Elemental Equilibrium!"

Does it refers to "added fire damage for attacks" too?

I think i am getting trolled at this point.

It wasn't my goal :)

It can be confusing "for spells" = "for attacks" ?

Then I realise there is no "for spells" on other gear then weapons, just "for attacks".

And your answer nailed it, ty :)
Last edited by morgoroth on Aug 18, 2017, 2:48:46 AM
I managed to buy a jewel with 53% inc damage for 20c yesterday.

15% inc totem damage
10% inc DoT
12%inc totem life
16% inc burning damage

just bragging :P
That's ace man. Me, I bought a mediocre 1c glove with some dexterity and res, so I could at least switch off the +dex points.

I did find a mace with 30% ele dmg, 49 % fire dmg and 29% increased burning dmg, so I won't complain.
Updated/added two sections. About Elemental Equilibrium and Gearchecks (i won´t do anymore). Gearchecks take so much time for me and this section should help doing your own. Maybe i add one excample gearcheck over time.

Elemental Equilibrium Special Section

"
Only a hit that deals damage is required to apply these resistance modifiers. Blocked hits or hits with no damage (e.g. while having Ancestral Bond) are not capable to trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time it will give -50% Resistance to third element and +25% to both elements used. A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.[1]

Totem skills trigger EE as they are treated as your hits. Minions' hits do not count as yours so do not trigger EE.[2]

Multiple attacks that hit simultaneously are still processed independently, so the first hit that is processed will trigger EE that affects the other hits. [3]

Damage which does not come from a hit, such as Searing Bond or the burning ground from Fire Trap, does not trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

Traps and Mines trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

-wiki

This means, as long as we use Ancestral Bond we NEED a trap or mine with cold or lightning damage to debuff the enemy with -50% fire resistance.

If we DON`T use Ancestral Bond, because we have additional totems with Soulmantle or Tukohamas Fortress, every DIRECT HIT can apply the debuff. In that case no trap is needed because we use Orb of Storms that applies the debuff.

DoT skills like righteous fire, searing bond or scorching ray DO NOT debuff enemys with EE since they do not hit a target.

With the build i usually skill Ancestral Bond for the extra totem and screen coverage UNTIL i use SoulMantle and/or Tukohamas Fortress. Then i respecc Ancestral Bond so i dont have to use traps anymore (which can be quite annoying)

Fire damage to spells like this item has

has to be avoided!!!
If our trap or OoS deals fire damage, elemental equilibrium will increase enemy fire resistance by 25% instead of reducing it by 50%!

added Fire damage only counts for attacks. We only use shieldcharge or leapslam as a attack.

Enemys gain fire resistance if we hit them with a attack skill, but it will be overwritten once we use orb of storms! With ancestral bonds it doesn´t matter since our attack doesnt deal damage anyway.

So it´s not that bad to have this stat on the gear, but if you can avoid it ... do it.

Gearchecks

I won't do any personal gearchecks. You can whisper me ingame, pm me in the forum or write here, i will ignore it. This stuff takes way too much time for me.

But i will help you in this section how to check your own gear!

I assume you use 2x kikazaru and soulmantle and defeated the act 10 boss for the last resistance penalty.

You got survivablity problems?

Check you gear first.

Resistances.
You need with a soulmantlesetup 91 fire and 90 cold/lightning resistance. Balance your equipment around that.
Using a few jewels with double or all resistance helps a lot until your gear gets better!
Chaos damage is not that dangerous at the beginning of maps, but you want at least one item with 20-30% in t9+ maps.

Life

Get life on every item that is not a soulmantle or kikazaru.
50 life per slot at the start of maps are ok, over time you want to upgrade that to higher life rolls.
Strength also grants a good chunk of life, but competes with resistance rolls.

Flasks!!!

This is most of the time overlooked. Well rolled flasks are even more important than the gear... and cheap!

Cover your weaknesses with flasks (like low chaos resist with a amethyst flask) and increase the physical defence via granite/basalt flasks.

Even a bismuth flask with elemental resistance roll on top can carry your garbage gear ;)

Just use them everytime you encounter a pack of monsters and you will notice a big defensive boost!

Also don't forget to 20% WHITE flasks before crafting them, this increases the duration of your utility flasks.

More about them in the flask spoiler inside of the gear section.

I cannot stress enough how important flasks are!

Offence

You struggle with the dmg a lot?

The first thing is: Check if you have any fire dmg to spells on your weapon. This would increase enemy resistance via elemental equilibrium instead of reducing it.

If you don´t use a soulmantle yet keep in mind that spelltotem levels are very important!

Besides that the maindmg after the passive points on the skilltree and a weapon comes from Jewels

2-3 damage mods on jewels are preferable (see jewel section).

Besides that gemlevels matter and links.

a 4 link Soulmantle was enough for me until ~tier 10 maps, until t15 a 5link is prefered and a 6link for guardians and shaper. Those can be done without a 6link, but higher damage makes those fights WAY EASIER

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 18, 2017, 7:54:09 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Well i am currently leveling some Slayer Blood Magic Starforge Sweeper (or any other skill, doesn't matter). Thats a good currency sink for me :x

The plan is to use kaoms boots/chest and use two starforges via weaponswap, one with sweep (it clears great) and one with a singletarget skill.
I would basically just have the glove links for leapslam + faster atk + fortify + endurance charge on melee stun, the weapon links for the attack and helmet for a warchief or utility stuff (thinking about warchief + bloodrage + enduring cry + vengeance/duration or shit like that).

Made a champion Disfavour sweeper in turmoil and it was very enjoyable for me, most fun i've had with a melee. Just lacked a bit of substain and singletarget dmg that a slayer has compared to a champion.

That sounds like fun. I was itching to try out Cyclone skill out. Excellent idea. Thanks for answering my question.....
"
Sidad wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Well i am currently leveling some Slayer Blood Magic Starforge Sweeper (or any other skill, doesn't matter). Thats a good currency sink for me :x

The plan is to use kaoms boots/chest and use two starforges via weaponswap, one with sweep (it clears great) and one with a singletarget skill.
I would basically just have the glove links for leapslam + faster atk + fortify + endurance charge on melee stun, the weapon links for the attack and helmet for a warchief or utility stuff (thinking about warchief + bloodrage + enduring cry + vengeance/duration or shit like that).

Made a champion Disfavour sweeper in turmoil and it was very enjoyable for me, most fun i've had with a melee. Just lacked a bit of substain and singletarget dmg that a slayer has compared to a champion.

That sounds like fun. I was itching to try out Cyclone skill out. Excellent idea. Thanks for answering my question.....

In my signature is a link where i will post the progress of other builds i play like the melee dude. Won't write a guide about that or anything, just skilltree, gear, jewels and some explanations why i picked something or other thought. Just a quick writeup for those that are interested. maybe some video here and there too.

The build will have a pretty generic tree and some unique touches to it, like using chance to shock on every jewel past lvl 67. Like i said, very universal with the attackgem choice as long as it has no elemental conversion (because starforge).

i will start with a 5l starforge and some 5l/6l chest (for singletarget), but ultimately wanna use 2x 6l starforge and kaoms heart... so not cheap :p

Further discussions if someones interested in the thread in my signature or this thread gets messy af :p

i have an IDEA

vaal haste work on RF totems?

if work i replace useles at end game stone golem
(on weak mobs i dont need more heal on boss stone golem die too quick)

and take vaal haste 9-10 lvl ( 9-10 lvl need dex 109-113 )
this way we have only +11% move speed
but we have 28% atack skill for why use move skills
and +27% cast speed for fast place totems

and if vaal haste work on totems we have totemic zeal via vaal haste
fast totem placement and totems fast cast RF

and second why we use sulphur flask?

+40% demage work?

or only for consecrate ground for fast healing?
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Aug 18, 2017, 12:22:09 PM
"
101zombi101 wrote:
i have an IDEA

vaal haste work on RF totems?

if work i replace useles at end game stone golem
(on weak mobs i dont need more heal on boss stone golem die too quick)

and take vaal haste 9-10 lvl ( 9-10 lvl need dex 109-113 )
this way we have only +11% move speed
but we have 28% atack skill for why use move skills
and +27% cast speed for fast place totems

and if vaal haste work on totems we have totemic zeal via vaal haste
fast totem placement and totems fast cast RF

and second why we use sulphur flask?

+40% demage work?

or only for consecrate ground for fast healing?

vaal haste after the duration nerf only works well on really fast clearing builds. I would rather use Vaal Grace which has a longer duration and basically a better effect than a rumi flask has.

ofc sulphurs dmg bonus applies. It has 3 uses without charge modifier (for a high uptime to remove debuffs or gain armour% etc) and 40% dmg like a perfect witchfirebrew.
The heal is pretty bad because i rarely stay on the same spot and the aoe is pretty small, but can help facetanking some weaker bosses if you're lazy ;)

Is it good for just 40% dmg and 3 flaskuses? personal preference.

a defensive flask instead or a witchfire brew to passively curse without using oos (quality of life for mapping) work just fine or even better, depending on your goal

Do you still use the Kikazaru rings if you take Blood Magic?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info