[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

I would love to build rt tottem, and I followed you. But I do not feel quick to kill, now I'm going to go to map t12. Can you help me, adjust the gem for each weapon? And tell me the items needed to increase the damage. Thank you

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/piritpham/characters
"
minhpro279 wrote:
Hi there, i have been playing this build since the start of the league and had a lot of fun so far. Right now, my character is level 85 and can run most map. However there is something still bugging me for a while now, that is I can't seem to trigger Elemental Equilibrium by any way.
I am using a Soul Mantle and not Ascentral Bond. That means Orb of Storms is supposed to hit, cause lightning damage to enemies and triggered EE but it isn't. Instead, it just triggered Elemental Overload. I can't seem to understand why as Orb of Storm is lightning damage and it should proc Elemental Equilibrium when it hits an enemy. Thanks

maybe read the guide again, i got a whole Elemental Equilibrium section. Everything is answered there.

hint: you use ancestral bond which doesnt let you procc EE via OoS. Use a trap or unspecc AB.

I will make a video about the whole EE topic because nobody actually reads the shit. Tired of answering that question every 2 pages because of that
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
piritpham wrote:
I would love to build rt tottem, and I followed you. But I do not feel quick to kill, now I'm going to go to map t12. Can you help me, adjust the gem for each weapon? And tell me the items needed to increase the damage. Thank you

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/piritpham/characters

Your flasks are shit. 1 lifeflask is enough, use well rolled 20% defensive utility flasks like mentioned in the flask section.

with a constant granite (or rumis), basalt and other flasks up... trashmobs will hurt waaay less except the mapmods are crazy af.

bosses shouldn't hit you constantly in the first place on a totem build with the option of decoy totem (for agressive melees)

Gloves and Amulet could need an upgrade as well. No/low life on those.

gem wise (btw offensive) i dont see any orb of storms, instead you use lightning warp for some reason.

i would rewatch the gem section.

cursing, triggering EO and EE with once click will greatly increase your dmg when you need it.

cannot watch the jewels right now, but thats a big source of dps as well.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 17, 2017, 2:09:37 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
minhpro279 wrote:
Hi there, i have been playing this build since the start of the league and had a lot of fun so far. Right now, my character is level 85 and can run most map. However there is something still bugging me for a while now, that is I can't seem to trigger Elemental Equilibrium by any way.
I am using a Soul Mantle and not Ascentral Bond. That means Orb of Storms is supposed to hit, cause lightning damage to enemies and triggered EE but it isn't. Instead, it just triggered Elemental Overload. I can't seem to understand why as Orb of Storm is lightning damage and it should proc Elemental Equilibrium when it hits an enemy. Thanks

maybe read the guide again, i got a whole Elemental Equilibrium section. Everything is answered there.

hint: you use ancestral bond which doesnt let you procc EE via OoS. Use a trap or unspecc AB.

I will make a video about the whole EE topic because nobody actually reads the shit. Tired of answering that question every 2 pages because of that

I was about to suggest to make video about it. Because uxexperienced people like me will have difficulty understanding Flammability, burning and other interactions(that is on wiki tho).

So my question is when EE is applied monsters get glow/aura(purple or something) around them?if my trap is only one doing that it means everything is working as it should ? If its like this
then you can add that simple info in guide so people are more comfortable when switching to EE.

I read whole guide but I still can't figure out all burning damage thing. For example my two RF totems burning doesn't stack right ? But Searing bonds will stack with burning from RF ?
Another thing that I can't figure out is searing bond stacking. I couldn't find fresh info on this.
So if I have two lines over monster damage should double(3line 300%) unlike RF totems.
1. yes they gain a purple swirly glow below their feet.

2. yes. Only hits that deal damage can trigger ee. With ancestral bond only traps/mines/totems/minions can deal damage. Our totems are dots and do not hit, thus cannot apply the EE debuff.

3. the same source of burning doesn't stack, except i think multiple scorching rays.

4. on the flipside, different sources of burns stack with each other. RF, SB, SR, Firetrap degen, ignite could all deal damage at the same time.

5. only one searing bond beam can deal damage.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 17, 2017, 2:14:25 PM
Hey Milky!
Just wanted to let you know that this is the most funny build i ever played since matt spectres in breach league, ( yours is funnier ;D).
Just wanted to ask, can you make a quick check to my gear because i'm planning to do the shaper and co very soon, all togheter with high tier maps, but i may fear that the costant flask popping and my stone golem - cwdt - enduring cry won't be enough as defense.
Ty in advance.
Hi Milky! I've beeing enjoying this build so far. Your Work is greatly appreciated:) I have one question though, is jeWel With totem life give more damage than shamanistic fury alltoghether? thx
Heaven's rain falls upon faces of the children who look skyward
Twisting metal through the air
Scars and screams so you might know his fury
Hi milky,

Thanks again for your build. I've been using it steady, and just reached level 82. I believe I have about 5,700 life. My question for you is what level range should you be for different tier maps? A few levels ago I kept getting one shot by the boss at the end of Canyon, which I think is tier 6. I understand that we're not supposed to face tank with this build, but when I'm being one shot by projectiles before I really even see the boss it's a problem. I think my hp was only like 4,500 back then. Anyways, I'm fairly new to the game, and i like your build far better than any other builds. I just don't have enough experience to know what level you should be before you try different maps. For instance, what do you think the min level and hp should be for shaped strand or shaped dunes?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by wunshot on Aug 17, 2017, 5:16:36 PM
Hey I wanted to mention that now I'm burning through t6 and t7 maps with no problem. I guess I have enough life that I have that second needed to hit my flasks when I encounter something that hits like a truck.
A question about gear

"Do NOT get any added fire damage for spells on you weapon or other gear!!! It will increase enemy resistances with Elemental Equilibrium!"

Does it refers to "added fire damage for attacks" too?
Last edited by morgoroth on Aug 17, 2017, 7:05:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info