[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Hi Milky

I'm really grateful for this extremely detailed guide.
Still something(EE) is not clear for me(God! this game is daunting.)

1. If I use 'add cold damage to spells' weapon, will it proc EE ? if that's the case i can drop my trap gem.

2. I could get 'Nycta's Lantern', it says 'socketed gems deal 63 to 94 additional fire damage'.
Do you think this is practically the same menaing as 'added fire damage to spells' ?

Thank you again. hope you well.
Last edited by sacred_pajamas on Aug 17, 2017, 7:16:07 PM
"

1. If I use 'add cold damage to spells' weapon, will it proc EE ? if that's the case i can drop my trap gem.

If you have Ancestral Bonds ("AB"), No. Since you don't do damage yourself. If you don't have AB, Yes. However, you still need a spell to apply it, which if ice/lightning, will apply EE anyways. So you effectively do a trivial increased amount of damage.

"

2. I could get 'Nycta's Lantern', it says 'socketed gems deal 63 to 94 additional fire damage'.
Do you think this is practically the same menaing as 'added fire damage to spells' ?

Yes: 30% increased Elemental Damage+2 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems
Doesn't help build: Socketed Gems are Supported by level 10 Fire Penetration
Doesn't help build: (20-30)% increased Spell Damage
Doesn't help build: (150-200)% increased Physical Damage
Doesn't help build: +(6-10) Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks
Meh: 25% increased Light Radius
Doesn't help build: Socketed Gems deal 63 to 94 additional Fire Damage

The guilde does a good job explaining why each doesn't apply (e.g. how RF and burning damage work, AB not doing damage)

Hope this helps!
IGN: JooksOne
Timezone: PST(USA)
Mr. Milky,
I've been playing some and have feedback and questions.

Discuss
Mind over Matter: Even with decent mana and mana regen rolls on gear, it's not that good - especially with DOTS - and certainly not better than Bloodmagic. Might be viable and fun with ideal enchantments, uniques etc.

I switched back to BM and took the 3 templar Celestial (something) elemental nodes. Still testing.

Note: 2.6 I ran 5 Endurance Charges without using Immortal Call (as a Berzerker). It was strong defensively and efficient. With MoM I used zero endurance charges (used the other war cry) and it was noticeably weaker. Now I'm trying 3 charges (investing 4 passives in other things) and will try Immortal Call.

I tried Scorching Ray in the 4-link damage setup. I'm not sure it's worth it. The Damage isn't impressive or anything, although it's kind of fun to kill mobs with. I expect either no links in Soul Mantle (6th slot in 5L), or a 4-link with utility (faster casting, increased duration) setup is better. Which leads me to a question:

With your post-3.0 experience, do you think it's worth using SR 4 slots for the utility? Or is there a good chance that SR with no supports + beefy CwDT is better overall?

I'm thinking CwDT + Immortal Call + <<non-fire spell>> + Blind.

This gives Elemental Equilibrium and a nice defensive Blind. I expect /hope there's a suitable non-fire spell that would do the trick....
Thoughts on that setup with this build?
IGN: JooksOne
Timezone: PST(USA)
Last edited by Jooksone on Aug 17, 2017, 8:44:40 PM
Thank you so much.Jooksone :) You are a good person(or AI)!
Last edited by sacred_pajamas on Aug 17, 2017, 9:35:54 PM
"
morgoroth wrote:
A question about gear

"Do NOT get any added fire damage for spells on you weapon or other gear!!! It will increase enemy resistances with Elemental Equilibrium!"

Does it refers to "added fire damage for attacks" too?

I think i am getting trolled at this point.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
have you beaten shaper yet in 3.0? I am finding the guardians to be pretty impossible so far.
"
Kaiweezy wrote:
have you beaten shaper yet in 3.0? I am finding the guardians to be pretty impossible so far.

ripped my first set because i mispositioned the vortexballs pretty badly in phase 3. I am out of, pun in tended, shape with the fight after not killing him for 2-3 month :P
1-2 more sets an i kill him again with pretty bad gear for sure.

Guardians were not a big problem, except chimera because fuck cloud phase rng. Always depends on the mapmods ofc

"
With your post-3.0 experience, do you think it's worth using SR 4 slots for the utility? Or is there a good chance that SR with no supports + beefy CwDT is better overall?

i found utility supports for SR the most usefel, namely inc duration, Efficacy and faster casting. could be slimmed down to 3 supports for a bigger cwdt or other stuff.

links in SR gives flexebility to keep the debuff up easier

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 18, 2017, 12:23:05 AM
not sure if you saw my msg or not milky going to post it agin. ​​​question that i hope u read and do the numbers on. instead of 4 linking scorching ray is it worth it to put it in the 6 link soul mantel with RF replace either increased area or efficacy during boss battles. that way you have another 4 link for a cwdt or something else. is it a dps loss on single target? please do the numbers and not just say that its a dumb idea. i am saying that u only put scorching ray in for boss battles not during the map

i would do it my self on the path of building but i dont know wht im doing on that and idk what im looking at for it.
I think i am getting trolled at this point.

Milkyslice plz make y profile open

they any way asking y stupid questions

but i wonna make this lique second charakters is melee

and this way going see y charakters quick at one eye

and i swear DONT asking y any quwstions about y charakters )))

thnx
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Aug 18, 2017, 12:56:42 AM
"
tigertower wrote:
not sure if you saw my msg or not milky going to post it agin. ​​​question that i hope u read and do the numbers on. instead of 4 linking scorching ray is it worth it to put it in the 6 link soul mantel with RF replace either increased area or efficacy during boss battles. that way you have another 4 link for a cwdt or something else. is it a dps loss on single target? please do the numbers and not just say that its a dumb idea. i am saying that u only put scorching ray in for boss battles not during the map

i would do it my self on the path of building but i dont know wht im doing on that and idk what im looking at for it.

just open path of building, import your character and test different setups yourself. Got no time for that atm, much rl stuff to do

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info