[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

I'm only up to 80 but everything's a breeze for now. I'm using a Vaal RF totem in my Soul Mantle for now (until I can get a 5L Soul Mantle and replace Balefire). It's incredibly awesome, even as a panic button, even without any +Totem life jewel
"
Kezz123 wrote:
quick update. Did uber labs...was a joke. Did t10-t11 maps...joke.

So far so good. Not the fastest but far from slow clear speed.

Quick question Milky, why do you pick the Sign of Purpose int he hierophant tree? Seems like everything else may be stronger? am I missing something?

10% more dmg for singletarget basically. The other options aren't great either.

Some ES boost? basically down all the time with no recovery mechanic

power charges and penetration? not as useful anymore with storm brand that has a higher critchance than oos and better triggerrate. The endurance charge generation is nice, but a enduring cry can do the same. the only appealing thing is the 5% less ele dmg taken.

The we got illuminated devotion which grants leech (we dont deal any significant hit dmg). AoE is ok for RFT if its still used and the spelldmg is okish, but not compareable to a 10% more multiplier.

The only reasonable option for me would be the charge generation for mapping, while the brand node is better for bosses.

It is possible to build around the es node as well for excample with the new EB helmet and vaal discipline, Mind over matter etc, but all the mana regen feels wasted that way
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Is this jewel not good for this build? I've been trying to sell it in BSC.

If people are interested IGN: Slagstop (BSC)

Thanks
Levelling trees seem to be broken?

edit: Maybe I'm really stupid but the image showing your rationale etc for levelling has me confused; it says to rush AB then to spec out of it and it isnt specced into in the final tree
Last edited by theshamelessgeek on Dec 26, 2018, 4:03:37 PM
"
Levelling trees seem to be broken?

edit: Maybe I'm really stupid but the image showing your rationale etc for levelling has me confused; it says to rush AB then to spec out of it and it isnt specced into in the final tree

might be still broken, having to do a whole overhaul once i got time for that.

AB is useful for leveling, but adds clunkyness later on once soulmantle is aquired.

Either pick AB and use a orb of storms or lighting trap to debuff elemental equilibrium (oos has duration = longer debuff uptime, but 1 more gem required),

OR dont pick ab and debuff EE regulary via Storm Brand.

Your choice if you pick it up or not, usually ee is only required for bosses, red beasts, betrayel encounter and similar high health targets.

I am getting entirely rid of RF totems in the build (still great for leveling with the lvl 20 soulmantle spelltotem as a dmg boost early on), but i very rarely used it anymore.

This doesnt change that much for the whole character gearing/skilltree etc To sum it up:

- Totemlife on jewels isn't desireable anymore, but i would keep anything to cap resists (basically coupled with totemlife) to make totems more durable

- getting rid of a 4link rf totem setup. Gives room for utility, oos trap, vaal righteous fire or similar. spelltotem elder boots not desired anymore.

- can pick up more spelldmg if there is a chance to since we purely scale SR totems.

Overall its not much, but for the guide it is.

Need to get rid of all those RF totem references etc. I hope i have the chance tonwork on it the today and tomorrow.

RF totems aren't just worth it anymore, SR totems with Hierophants doubleplacement just feel better

Guide updated up to the gem section (excluding my character which comes probably in 12 hours from this post).

Got rid of everything related to RF totems like mentioned in my last post.

edit:

Updated everything except the character, video and skilltree section right now.

The skilltree didn't change tho, i just use Ancestral Bonds nowadays. with a free 4 link (no rft) i can use a trap + charged traps to generate frenzy/power charges. Those are used in fights where we stand around most of the time anyway (betrayel dudes, red beasts, bosses..) after storm brand and totems are placed.

I am not home atm and cannot update my character right now as his boots are borrowed to another char. I wanna buy some overall upgrades anyway as well.

A fresh shaper run video should be up then as well or tomorrow

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 27, 2018, 4:18:07 AM
added a small leveling section with updated skilltrees. Like i said, My Character and the skilltree section will be updated later, the rest looks like its done.

So i geared my character a bit:

PoB link is coming soon, have to buy another jewel once i can play again.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 27, 2018, 12:42:23 PM
Everything should be updated now, finetune a bit tomorrow if necassary.

Milky i thought we can use 2 brands for 20% more damage (sign of purpose + explosive runes)
Last edited by hitreza on Jan 1, 2019, 5:51:16 AM
"
hitreza wrote:
Milky i thought we can use 2 brands for 20% more damage (sign of purpose + explosive runes)

only one brand can be attached to a single enemy except with runebinder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info