[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
TBDonkey wrote:
Can you fill me in with all the areas we're getting totems. Like you said in the post we're getting 4 totems. One totem default. second totem coming from soul mantle. Third totem coming from the "hierophant" ascendant. And the last one is coming from "Pursuit of Faith". IF thats right i should have all four totems at the moment yet i only can summon three. Am i doing something wrong or am i thinking of those hole thing wrong?

The last one should be availabe via a craft on the shield. But it looks like its fucking rare, ggg decided to not put it in the game or something else.

edit: they removed it before release :(

edit2: andnit get reenabled but more expensive and rare than initially planned
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 11, 2018, 6:44:55 AM
Hello Milky,

been a fan of your build for years now lol.

Quick questions:
What is wrong with using a wand instead of scepter? is there a difference in damage if for instance I used a 130 Spell damage wand over a scepter with elemental damage / fire damage? Seems easier to find higher damage wands than scepters and they are faster attack speed so i figure I may be missing something.

I had the same feeling as you where I barely use RFT anymore...I just slot 5L scorching and use that for pretty much everything....or ill use 2 scorch and 1 rft.

I am curious about your setup for searing bond however....with the whole double totem cast...I always get confused in what I put down so right now I never use searing bond..the whole recast process is clunky as hell to me lol

Any chance you could share a video of how you play right now?

Last question....what do you bind on left mouse? I currently have brand for easier casting but I find that i get stuck casting it sometimes so maybe just no action on left mouse would help but unsure...I feel like its so much easier to use the mouse for the actions I keep redoing all the time.

Anyways thanks again!
Thank you for the Ascendant update thoughts, gonna revive my old RF totem Ascendant on Standard and see how it performs against endgame content.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Kezz123 wrote:
Hello Milky,

been a fan of your build for years now lol.

Quick questions:
What is wrong with using a wand instead of scepter? is there a difference in damage if for instance I used a 130 Spell damage wand over a scepter with elemental damage / fire damage? Seems easier to find higher damage wands than scepters and they are faster attack speed so i figure I may be missing something.

I had the same feeling as you where I barely use RFT anymore...I just slot 5L scorching and use that for pretty much everything....or ill use 2 scorch and 1 rft.

I am curious about your setup for searing bond however....with the whole double totem cast...I always get confused in what I put down so right now I never use searing bond..the whole recast process is clunky as hell to me lol

Any chance you could share a video of how you play right now?

Last question....what do you bind on left mouse? I currently have brand for easier casting but I find that i get stuck casting it sometimes so maybe just no action on left mouse would help but unsure...I feel like its so much easier to use the mouse for the actions I keep redoing all the time.

Anyways thanks again!

1. Spelldmg doesn´t affect RF or SB damage, but this doesn´t really matter anymore since i mainly switched to SR totems. Also NO shieldcharge, but thats no problem with phase run/flame dash/ lightning warp if you wanna use it and have no fortify.

2. yeah i entirely dropped RF totems now. I will update the guide next week and kick everything out related to it. It´s just not worth it anymore.

3. use 2x searing bond (placed 4), use 2x SR Totem. SR will replace the basic totems, but not the three remaining exceeding (+3 over max) SB totems. While mapping i rarely use SB, only for bosses/betrayel dudes/red beasts/essence mobs.

4. probably, just leveling another char right now ;)

5. I bind "move only" on leftclick, everything else is too clunky on ANY build for me
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
For people doing the build. What is your thoughts so far for the build in the betrayal league? I fully cant say what i 100% feel personally yet because i dont have all my armor down yet and im lvl70 and just started the maps. But one think i could say so far is that i do die a lot! (could be just the way im playing or how the gear/gems are rn)

I just want to know how yall doing. :) Thanks
Hey Milky,

So I am switching over from glacial cascade to this build. I just wanted to know if the minion dmg cluster applies to the totems? The wiki says no, but your PoB has it anyway. I could also have missed something or misinterpreted its meaning. Do let me know!

"
Hey Milky,

So I am switching over from glacial cascade to this build. I just wanted to know if the minion dmg cluster applies to the totems? The wiki says no, but your PoB has it anyway. I could also have missed something or misinterpreted its meaning. Do let me know!

I'm no Milky, but I can tell you that those clusters don't apply to totems. They can apply to your character however, with the Spiritual Aid and/or Spiritual Command nodes, which means that they also affect your totems indirectly.
BTW: Today's patch notes state that the +1 Totem Veiled mod has been enabled... Glhf to find it though :D
I made it to level 90 with this build (still didnt unlock uber labs / last 2 points in hierophant) but so far so good.

I do strongly recommend getting that scepter with level 25 scorching ray as soon you reach the level for it as it really does high damage and will help you a lot.

As Milky said before, I feel the same way that i barely ever need to use RF totem...i mostly just use Scorching ray totems for everything. i think I preferred the version with the berserker back in the days but this is still strong and I have little issues so far running anything but mind you that i am not running red maps yet (need to unlock them)

also a little bit of bragging....Self found wand I decided to start using:
quick update. Did uber labs...was a joke. Did t10-t11 maps...joke.

So far so good. Not the fastest but far from slow clear speed.

Quick question Milky, why do you pick the Sign of Purpose int he hierophant tree? Seems like everything else may be stronger? am I missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info