Transracial

I have seen a lot of bigotry against those coming out as transracial, and I am wondering why that happens?

Rachel Dolezal has lied a lot. But, she genuinely identifies on all levels as an African American woman. Even though her biology does not match that, she should not be dismissed if she honestly feels that way.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on May 29, 2017, 8:38:45 PM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 9:47:44 AM
I identify as transginger and I find all this focus on genders to be little more than thinly veiled bigotry towards me.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/12/comparison-transgender-people-rachel-dolezal

"The fundamental difference between Dolezal’s actions and trans people’s is that her decision to identify as black was an active choice, whereas transgender people’s decision to transition is almost always involuntary.

wow, transracist much? I didnt choose it. I always had freckles and my skin is really sensitive. I bleached my hair in the past and realized that underneath the darker brown was a beautiful ginger hiding. People like you are the problem, stop oppressing me

also, I recognize that font:

Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 29, 2017, 9:48:18 PM
Reminds me of that clip on MTV in the '90s with the 5 or 6 white dudes asked why they dress and identify as 'black' and they responded how black is a culture and mind state lol.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
If you disagree with that sentiment, you will never understand the difference

Anyone who disagrees with your opinion simply doesn't understand? Thanks for letting us know.
"
Disrupted wrote:
I identify as transginger and I find all this focus on genders to be little more than thinly veiled bigotry towards me.

Nice to meet you. :) Could you share the stories as transginger for better understanding ?
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's not my opinion. It's a very clear explanation of why transracial and transgender are not interchangeable -- one is choice, one is innate.

No mate, it's your opinion. There is no science to back up the assertion that one is "innate" and the other is a choice. We have no more control of our melanine levels than we do our chromosomes.

"
This is how it is seen by those who accept there is a difference.

You mean that is how it is seen by people who agree with you. That doesn't automatically mean that anyone who disagrees is wrong or doesn't understand.

"
I think I'll say goodbye to you now, Monsta. You add nothing anything and haven't for a very long time.

I don't understand why you're so hostile and rude whenever people disagree with you. Whatever happened to civilized debate?
"Respect my affectation!" =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
finisterre wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

Nice to meet you. :) Could you share the stories as transginger for better understanding ?

It all started a few years ago with ProjectPT, I realized I connected with the dude pretty well.
At first I thought it might be because he's canadian and like us portuguese, the canadian like to say "eh" a lot. But I wasnt sure if I was transcanadian, they are known to be overly polite and neither our saviour PT nor me fit that description, I always thought the idea of maple syrup to be a little weird and who the fuck puts a leaf on their flag? I mean, A FUCKING LEAF!

No, that didnt sit right with me. So I ruminated over it for a few days and then I started to remember a few things:
like back in elementary school most kids used to ostracize me, they used to pick on me when I was at school and I remember many a times I raged about it, my temper was fiery like that of many great celtic warriors, but that wasnt the only thing that lead me to that realization, no sir.
I remember that weirdly enough, while they would pick on me within the school, they would ignore me at the backyard, they would play football and never call me over when I was on the side of the brick wall, as If I was invisible.
I was one of the few kids to befriend a ginger kid at my school (nicknamed little carrot) as I felt some sort of kindred, I was also one of the few in the entire school to be kicked (him included).
Over the years I also wondered about my humanity, I used to look at my eyes in the mirror and see only a void, only emptiness within them.
When I lived near the beach, people screamed TERRORIST by day, GHOST by night. I could never do jazz and the goths thought I was going pretty far with my undead theme.

It all made sense.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 29, 2017, 11:03:49 PM
Well if the transracial person in question is really lying. Then there has to be some cynical attitude towards her.
Holy shit. I just read the article Charan linked to on the previous page. What complete and utter horseshit.

- "race is a medieval European invention" U fkn wot? Racism predates Europe's existence. Ever heard of the Bible and Israelites? Medieval Europe? Wtf is he/she smoking?

- "Doctors don’t announce our race or color when we are born" Idk about where you live, but ethnicity is included on birth certificates in many countries. My wife isn't even pregnant yet and people already incesantly go on about what our kids will look like (I'm blond haired and blue eyed, my wife is Cambodian).

- "her decision to identify as black was an active choice, whereas transgender people’s decision to transition is almost always involuntary" Says who? Why is it bigoted and offensive for people to suggest you may have made a choice, but not when you do it to other people in different contexts?

"People who are alienated from their presumed gender and define themselves according to another gender have existed since earliest recorded history" The same can be said for people who identify as being of another species. Does that validate the argument? No. Does it mean I have to refer to you as a goat if that's what you identify as? Fuck no.

-"Dolezal identified as black, but I am a woman, and other trans people are the gender they feel themselves to be." This person is an ignorant bigot by any standards.

I seriously can't believe you linked me to this as a means of backing up a point. Most of it is just personal opinion (given that it's an opinion piece, not a news article) from an obviously biased source. The few factual claims that are made are laughably absurd and easily disproved.

Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 29, 2017, 11:54:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info