Transracial

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I think people should be allowed to view themselves in whatever way makes them happy. I don't think they should go around telling other people how to feel about it or trying to redefine scientific definitions to suit their political ideologies.

I agree 100%. I don't care what you think you are, as long as you don't use the state to force me to accept your ideas. Basically, if you don't want 3rd party people to have a say in your "stuff":

1.) Don't ask for taxpayer money to do your "stuff". If you need taxpayer money, then everyone has a legitimate say in your "stuff".

2.) Don't use state power or legal power, to force other people accept your "stuff".

This, provided that "stuff" is not something that harms people, other than yourself.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Question is: who cares? She can identify as anything she wants, can't change the facts.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Bars wrote:
Let's call the ship HMS Clear Mind. Requesting permission to board?

*inserts witty libertarian joke about not needing permission because you can board without permission as long as you accept personal responsibility for the consequences*

xD
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 30, 2017, 6:55:10 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
GGG should add a Trump supporter pack so we can tell who is one.

You do know virtually no real dev knows about any of this, right? Off-Topic is a fucking creche.

I know, but between watching I_NO get rekt in Median XL 2017 and playing HoTS there isnt much to do other than laugh at the obvious Trump supporters.^^
"
Perq wrote:
Question is: who cares? She can identify as anything she wants, can't change the facts.

Of course she can. The problem is she then demands everyone to treat her as if she's an actual woman, while according to some people in the forum, myself included, she isn't. I have no issue with using another pronoun, that's not a problem.

The problem is when someone acts offended and accuses me I'm transphobic because I'm not interested in that person claiming to be a woman who actually isn't a woman as far as I'm concerned. This has actually happened to me in real life. I explained I can't possibly get an erection when I see a dick down there - I've tried! - and was accused of bigotry. As though it's a decision on my part. No, it isn't.

The problem is when someone is parroting like a 5-year old that HER definition of a woman is the only definition and anyone who disagrees with her is a dick. Newsflash, princess: definitions are subjective. It doesn't matter how loudly and how often you shout something, it's not going to change what people actually think. You may be loud enough and obnoxious enough to change what they say, but it'll be done just to avoid the general unpleasantness of having to communicate with you.

The problem is, some people are out of touch with reality and are trying to impose their delusions on everyone else, which is a) impossible; b) annoying.

Make no mistake, I've got nothing personal against our forum's relatively recently vocal trans residents. I generally like Deadpeng despite a few annoyances, and Sarah, well, honestly? I couldn't give a flying fuck about her if I tried. Although this isn't the nicest stance out there, it's far from hostile.

I just see something which I perceive as delusional, problematic and untrue, and I explain why it is so and so. And again, even though I generally seem rude, I'm doing this with the ultimate goal to be helpful to these people. The easiest course of action for me would be to just ignore the topic completely. And I'll probably do so at some point, it gets tiresome to repeat myself to no effect. I guess I'm too patient for my own good?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
Let's call the ship HMS Clear Mind. Requesting permission to board?

*inserts witty libertarian joke about not needing permission because you can board without permission as long as you accept personal responsibility for the consequences*

xD

Ahem... Requesting lack of negative consequences for boarding the vessel, sir?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
GGG should add a Trump supporter pack so we can tell who is one.

You do know virtually no real dev knows about any of this, right? Off-Topic is a fucking creche.

I know, but between watching I_NO get rekt in Median XL 2017 and playing HoTS there isnt much to do other than laugh at the obvious Trump supporters.^^

What is wrong with someone supporting Trump? Why would you want to hunt down/mark them? Why would you laugh at someone just because they happen to support current president of US?

o_o
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
VictorDoom wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Brilliant, cheers VD.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Perq wrote:

Sure, doesn't change facts, but libtards want to throw you in jail, if you don't accept their "facts":

Canada's Bill C-16: Transgenderism and the Loss of Common Sense

"
The Bill also “amends the Criminal Code to extend the protection against hate propaganda set out in that Act to any section of the public that is distinguished by gender identity or expression,” leading many to believe it will lead to a severe restriction of open public discourse on this topic once the bill is passed.

TLDR: if you don't participate in some people's fantasies and use proper "gender neutral" pronouns, you can be accused of "hate speech" or "violating human rights".
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Being transgender is a birth defect like having XXYY or XXY chromosomes.

This is a troubling way of viewing a person identifying as transgender.

In addition to calling such a person 'defective' from birth you're also implying for them to be legitimate they must have these kinds of defects related to being transgender in their chromosomes. I think we should also consider someone to be a legitimate transgender if that identity appears to only have psychological origins as well.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on May 30, 2017, 7:55:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info