Is farming unrewarding ?

"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
pichapie wrote:
i will say this:

biggest returns per people:

getting extremely lucky with drops and crafting/enchanting

No... just no. Getting lucky is about the worst way to make real currency in the game. Beyond being unreliable (obviously) even if you drop a mirror, those only sell for 30-40 exalts in the first couple of weeks of a new league plenty of people have well over 100ex before Mirror prices really go up.

Crafting can be profitable if you know what you're doing, but it has very little to do with luck. It's about crafting in such a way that your expected costs are substantially lower than what the items sell for and then investing in crafting over a big enough sample size that the variance is irrelevant. For instance, early in the league Spite essences were cheap enough that it was always worth it to craft Crystal Belts with them; you could buy up 2-30 Spites for 100c and spam them on Crystal belts until you found one that would sell for several exalts. People that recognized this early enough while Spites were cheap made a lot of profit. Nowadays it's more of a gamble because Spites are very expensive.

And guess what - even in my relatively casual guild, the same people typically make the most currency every league. One guy is very good at recognizing crafting opportunities like the one I mentioned and makes a killing every league. Some guys run Uber Lab all day - plenty of enchants sell for 10c-2ex and this adds up pretty fast, not to mention if you do it early enough in the league you can make an absolute killing selling quality gems. If mapping is more your boat, then getting a huge Atlas bonus and running T15/16 maps to sell maps drops and Shaper frags is good consistent income that can make you several exalts a day.

the irony about my post is this:

you all missed my point about getting lucky.

it was never about relying on luck but rather it's to point out sarcasm but yeah, gj on you people missing out and now have to act tough about it.

"
...people make 5 10 ex even more in a day...

The vast majority of players do not make this kind of currency.
ign - JoeyTrader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info