Is farming unrewarding ?

tl;dr There are 3 ways to get rich in PoE:
1) be super lucky
2) shape your atlas, never see 50% of its content and do 1 the same map over and over forever (so fun!)
3) learn, how to scam inexperienced players
"
osesek wrote:
tl;dr There are 3 ways to get rich in PoE:
1) be super lucky
2) shape your atlas, never see 50% of its content and do 1 the same map over and over forever (so fun!)
3) learn, how to scam inexperienced players

4) learn the game mechanics
"
im_a_manatee wrote:
i feel this guys pain....
i been playing this game since anarchy leage was first out.and i have only (from farming) gained like 20 exalt drops in the passed 4 years or so i been playing you know whats harder? getting a 6l i spent 3500 fusings on a chest gusse what still didnt link it do they think i wanna spend my entire life trying to 6l something? seriously wtf

You could six link like 3 chest with that fuse with vorici. But really should never use fuse. sell them to gamblers.

I dropped less than 20 ex in three years but i have no issues cuz I play trade whore. learn value.

Git R Dun!
buy 6linked decent chests, use them, sell fusings unless you need to pay vorici.
I feel like it's amazingly easy to make currency compared to how it used to be. Granted, I'm a fairly inexperienced player who almost exclusively plays life builds, so I'm not having to save up for those OP ES items.

Still, as long as you are playing the game, you are gaining a decent amount of currency. The last time I played, which was over two years ago, it was extremely RNG based to even get the lowest forms of currency.

These days, the lower tier currencies drop left and right and there are a lot of ways to increase the odds. I can't progress to the highest tiers of the game with my characters yet, but that's fine. I'm still getting something I can use.

My advice, just play something you enjoy and do content you want to. You're guaranteed to get something out of it and you won't bore yourself to death.
"
Hey guys,
i have been playing like 1.5 - 2 weeks so far i have a 85 lvl ci howa build and farming all day but i cant make currency

2 weeks of play you should be sitting on 20 exalts or so.

I have an entry level guide for you written by TEBird (guild leader of one of the most active HC-focused guilds in Path of Exile). He had so much money this league that he actually couldn't spend it and just willy nily financed tons of players' builds. Not a labyrinth runner like me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5pmz3r/100_desert_maps_aka_project_desert_money_bhc/ - Project desert money

You will probably find some of the suggestions he makes a little difficult to adhere to (like,, I need to do THAT??) but seriously. It's not for no reason. Things like, vendoring unidentified rings and amulets because the player economy overvalues chaos orbs.

If you start with TEBird's example method, and apply your own logic and reason, your method will evolve over time. Of course this is not the MOST efficient thing to do, it is just one example. By the nature of the POE economy, if one ever divulged "the most efficient" farming strategy, it would instantly lose its status.

AKA "mirrorgate". google it. Guys just got tired of making whole tabs full of exalts in income so they explained to the community the best ways to craft powerful items with masters. Then, the community's response was all torches and pitchforks. Interesting.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on May 31, 2017, 1:14:33 AM

farming is hard work

some find it rewarding some dont

I enjoyed it when I had cows and sheep but they were a pain in the but sometimes and your really dont get much money from them
I dont see any any key!
Farming is rewarding at the start of the league, especially if you managed to level/gear up very quickly (= using gear-independant build) to farm lab/atziri/shaper/etc.

After few weeks, farming is unrewarding.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 31, 2017, 10:47:57 AM
"
pichapie wrote:
i will say this:

biggest returns per people:

getting extremely lucky with drops and crafting/enchanting

No... just no. Getting lucky is about the worst way to make real currency in the game. Beyond being unreliable (obviously) even if you drop a mirror, those only sell for 30-40 exalts in the first couple of weeks of a new league plenty of people have well over 100ex before Mirror prices really go up.

Crafting can be profitable if you know what you're doing, but it has very little to do with luck. It's about crafting in such a way that your expected costs are substantially lower than what the items sell for and then investing in crafting over a big enough sample size that the variance is irrelevant. For instance, early in the league Spite essences were cheap enough that it was always worth it to craft Crystal Belts with them; you could buy up 2-30 Spites for 100c and spam them on Crystal belts until you found one that would sell for several exalts. People that recognized this early enough while Spites were cheap made a lot of profit. Nowadays it's more of a gamble because Spites are very expensive.

And guess what - even in my relatively casual guild, the same people typically make the most currency every league. One guy is very good at recognizing crafting opportunities like the one I mentioned and makes a killing every league. Some guys run Uber Lab all day - plenty of enchants sell for 10c-2ex and this adds up pretty fast, not to mention if you do it early enough in the league you can make an absolute killing selling quality gems. If mapping is more your boat, then getting a huge Atlas bonus and running T15/16 maps to sell maps drops and Shaper frags is good consistent income that can make you several exalts a day.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
Some guys run Uber Lab all day - plenty of enchants sell for 10c-2ex and this adds up pretty fast, not to mention if you do it early enough in the league you can make an absolute killing selling quality gems.

Indeed. And some run uber lab all day, then at the same time carry others for an Offering fee while farming it, hence in a party of six they make 72 chisels (or 36c) in addition to the enchanted gear.

In response to the OP...

Like others who've said this far before me, you can either play Path of Exile or Path of Trading, whatever floats your boat. So if something ever feels like "farming", just switch to whatever you enjoy. For some, that includes making their own opportunities for wealth in-game, so that's great for them, not so great for others.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info