Is farming unrewarding ?

farming is there to get 10ex, from that point you start to get 500% more currency per day by buying something and selling for more expensive, and it's usually those overlooked items
but some of these OP metods can fail or set you back (they WILL work but not always with 1st item you buy) so you need like 10 ex to get rolling

ATM you can buy signal shot quiver and corrupt it and that will probably by at least 400% profit
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:

- sell a lot of jewelleries even "meh" ones, they seems to alway sell in the longrun somehow...
- run uber lab and enchant helmets to sell them after. Popular skill enchants are worth 2+ exalts (blade flurry, flameblast, spectral throw, barrage...). if you dont get those, you'll still make some decent currency from the chests.
- run vault or spider forest for the cards drop, i'll definitely shape my atlas with vault in it next league. made a few the hoarder sets, and one abandonned wealth full set.
- farm waal winds, corrupting tempest, or sextants mods that gives corrupted items, you'll get a lot of 6-links that vendor for 1 divine and a few ones that sell in exalts (made more than 6 exalts this league that way)
- run radiating tempest on T15-T16 maps, you'll get a lot of guardians maps, currency and some good uniques with high item level required. did it a few times this league and got 20+ guardians map, some good currency and a tukohama's fortress on the minotaur killed in the tempest.
- nemesis leaguestone that gives prismatic rings on guardians map. got tons of ilvl84 rare prismatic ring this way, shitty ones sold for 1c at least, the good ones in exalts
- classic multiple breach/onslaught/double beyond on full sextanted maps with high pack size. best way to exp and farm high end currencies (exalts/keys)
- farm uber atziri a few times, you'll drop some decent armor for early league and make great profits from the gloves and the axe.
- farm the shaper, dying sun and starforge sell very well with a nice profit.
- sell guardians maps by running breach/bloodlines/nemesis leagstones on T15-T16 maps
- buy cheap uniques that gain a lot of value with corruption, corrupt it, it'll pay in the long run

so far, i found MF not that interessting, especially if it cripple your clearspeed. divination distillate and bisco's are good together, you can even use a good ventor gamble, but be sure that you don't loose too mutch clear speed on high tier maps.

a few strategies i used this league, there are way more.
I've been playing for not too long as well, but one thing I've found really helps make solid and consistent currency for me is doing the unidentified chaos recipe. Selling un-ID'd of each item slot to vendor above ilevel 60 gives 2 chaos. If you sell all un-ID'd for all items above ilevel 75 you get 2 x Regal orbs instead, but you can circumvent that by tossing 1 item in the mix that is below ilevel 75 (between 60 and 74) to get 2 chaos; since Chaos is going for more than Regal atm in legacy standard.

So you basically just spam T8-T12 maps, and then do the odd low-tier map that has below ilevel 75 stuff every now and then to get a few lower items.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on May 28, 2017, 4:09:58 PM
"
Enzymaticc wrote:
I've been playing for not too long as well, but one thing I've found really helps make solid and consistent currency for me is doing the unidentified chaos recipe. Selling un-ID'd of each item slot to vendor above ilevel 60 gives 2 chaos. If you sell all un-ID'd for all items above ilevel 75 you get 2 x Regal orbs instead, but you can circumvent that by tossing 1 item in the mix that is below ilevel 75 (between 60 and 74) to get 2 chaos; since Chaos is going for more than Regal atm in legacy standard.

So you basically just spam T8-T12 maps, and then do the odd low-tier map that has below ilevel 75 stuff every now and then to get a few lower items.

that a pretty bad technique to get currency. the unided rings and amulet can actually be worth some big currencies, you'll undoutably miss some exalt worth items. even "bad" jewellery like paua amulet can end up being of great value, decent one can be corrupted and multiply their values a lot (like +1 curse amulets or +1 charges rings).

chaos recipe is not a good option when you can make twice that ammount of chaos just by picking up currency items and stopway less often to vendor/organize things.
"
"
pichapie wrote:
i will say this:

biggest returns per people:

getting extremely lucky with drops and crafting/enchanting

that's about it.

If it's all about luck how come the same people are consistently rich every league?

Being efficient and knowledgeable is far more effective than being lucky. Of course being able to put in a lot of time helps, but if you're that guy who runs 3 maps per hour and hauls back every single rare that drops even playing 24/7 isn't going to help much.

same people? name them please otherwise you're just lying and wanting to feel superior to be right about this.

oh btw, there's a little thing called flipping and streamer privilege.

/thread
"
pichapie wrote:
"
"
pichapie wrote:
i will say this:

that's about it.

If it's all about luck how come the same people are consistently rich every league?

Being efficient and knowledgeable is far more effective than being lucky. Of course being able to put in a lot of time helps, but if you're that guy who runs 3 maps per hour and hauls back every single rare that drops even playing 24/7 isn't going to help much.

same people? name them please otherwise you're just lying and wanting to feel superior to be right about this.

/thread

except ssf now exists and "the usual suspects" still wipe the floor with the rest of us.
reopen thread.
Hi there,

You can take a look at my toons... not very impressive but hell I was able to trade for most of my gears. I always start with srs or juggernaut. And I hit the uber lab asap... sell enchantments, gems, maps...I hit mana reserve shit enchantment twice got 580c for both. Wtf didnt know how valuable they are :).

Andy
i feel this guys pain....
i been playing this game since anarchy leage was first out.and i have only (from farming) gained like 20 exalt drops in the passed 4 years or so i been playing you know whats harder? getting a 6l i spent 3500 fusings on a chest gusse what still didnt link it do they think i wanna spend my entire life trying to 6l something? seriously wtf
"
pichapie wrote:
"
"
pichapie wrote:
i will say this:

that's about it.

/thread

he is right tho, i'm pretty sure that ziz, empyrean (he just did a 1000ex giveaway a few weeks ago), alkaizer, pohx and many other will be rich in every single league in the future being helped or not, they just understood how to make currency.

my first league i understood nothing about the game, ended with 5ex worth of items/currency, the league after, i ended with about 15ex worth of gear/currency. this league, i've kitted 3 toon pretty well and i end with about 70-100ex worth of gear/currency. my luck is not improving, i just learned how to make currencies a little better every leagues and i still have a lot to learn.
Thats not all that suprising, currency is a function of time played.

Pretty sure the formula goes something like this

currency = t/(efficiency*game knowledge -time afk) + lucky outliers

There is no big huge secret here, the more time you spend in the game, the richer you are. Even if you dont farm maps, flipping and trading still needs you to be online to do so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info