Restricting escapes (tp/logout)

I always found it silly how we can just open a portal middle of a bossfight, go home, refill our potions then go back to the same exact time, when we left, meaning the boss we were fighting did not reset.

I loved how lab changed this, and also the maps kinda restricting this too, with a limited amount of portals.. but in general, why is it allowed?

Also why can we just kill the client to escape a risky situation? Our char should be there for an extra 15-30 secs even when our client is off, like other MMOs doing this.

These changes as any changes which makes the game harder would probably not be too popular among the HC players.. What I'm asking here is an on/off mode, similiar to SSF/HC for the likeminded players.

Last bumped on May 28, 2017, 10:31:13 AM
HC player love all thier little cheats to ego boost. Let em have it. Chicken scripts, running nuttin maps liek strand all day, portals games, whatever. Can't put it on a job resume without getting laughed out of the room so whatever. Effects me nones

What does effect me is when lab freezes and wastes my time. I liek SC not HC. And dont wanna make lab HC. Give us 6 ports
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 27, 2017, 6:50:45 PM
"
Omenpapa wrote:
I always found it silly how we can just open a portal middle of a bossfight, go home, refill our potions then go back to the same exact time, when we left, meaning the boss we were fighting did not reset.

I loved how lab changed this, and also the maps kinda restricting this too, with a limited amount of portals.. but in general, why is it allowed?

Also why can we just kill the client to escape a risky situation? Our char should be there for an extra 15-30 secs even when our client is off, like other MMOs doing this.

These changes as any changes which makes the game harder would probably not be too popular among the HC players.. What I'm asking here is an on/off mode, similiar to SSF/HC for the likeminded players.

chris once said it allowed them to make more challenging boss fights
I dont see any any key!
"
Omenpapa wrote:

Why do you even need a mode? The SSF stuff is just for e-peen anyway, you can always just not use the logouts or TPs if you think it's cheap.

That said, the reason logouts exist at least is because it feels super bad to die because of disconnections. There was a reason for being able to portal out as well, which a dev explained a long time ago, but it has something to do with how they balance bosses.

Also can we stop calling PoE a MMO....

for god sakes its an Arpg
I dont see any any key!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
HC player love all thier little cheats to ego boost. Let em have it. Chicken scripts, running nuttin maps liek strand all day, portals games, whatever. Can't put it on a job resume without getting laughed out of the room so whatever. Effects me nones

If it doesnt affect you, why do you still insult practically all of the hardcore playerbase?

This is something i generally "dont get" from the playerbase. Why do softcore players care so damn much about how "hardcore" hardcore is? It makes no sense, and is very toxic behaviour.

Knock it off. Seriously.

@Topic
Chris stated that PoE was designed with logout macros in mind, it enables the designer team to make content that is "higher paced and adrenaline inducing" (his words, not mine), rather than slow the overall pace down and disallow logouts.

Source for Chris' above-stated position, just in case anyone wants it.

"
Chris wrote:
We want our fights to have large swings of damage and to cause a rush of adrenaline in the player. If the game didn't allow you to drop instantly then we'd have to dumb down the fights so much. We've tried it.

In addition, it means that we're able to make hard boss fights that players can attrition if they choose to. If we had to design the act bosses so that players needed to kill them in one go without dying then they would be pushovers.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
Omenpapa wrote:

As an HC player, I REALLLLLLY want a logout timer. HC has lost a lot of the meaning with instant escapes :(
PoE is not meant to be a skill based game. Most of it comes down to planning during the build phase and having the reflexes to spam flasks and your log out macro.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
SorakPoE wrote:

Why do you even need a mode? The SSF stuff is just for e-peen anyway, you can always just not use the logouts or TPs if you think it's cheap.

I need this mode, because I prefer to play with such ruleset (no altf4 in trouble), since I want to start playing HC, and I agree with him entirely:

"
KZA wrote:

As an HC player, I REALLLLLLY want a logout timer. HC has lost a lot of the meaning with instant escapes :(

If I can just log out whenvever I want w/o nearly any risk (that's an assumption since I never tried it), that's making HC pointless for me. I can see streamers do this all the time, and this is their decision, playstyle and they can do whatever they want ofc :)

I would like to play with other likeminded players, w/o the issue of "trusting a random player", as in making sure they actually never did this, because of the game mode restrictions, and not just accepting "he said he didn't do it".

I heard that GGG is working on costum rulesets too, this would be a lovely addition there, if supporting it globally like the SSF is not that popular.

"
Cataca wrote:

Chris stated that PoE was designed with logout macros in mind, it enables the designer team to make content that is "higher paced and adrenaline inducing" (his words, not mine), rather than slow the overall pace down and disallow logouts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they also said at some point that the desynch was/is a design decision, in order to let ppl playing the game with wierd internet connections.

They found a solution for that, if they want(which made the a lot of players happy), they can found a solution for this too :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info