Are we finally gonna have auction house when 3.0 comes??

soon
"
Unquietheart wrote:
I hope not.

Auction houses aren't really a viable concept for ARPGs, regardless of how much you personally might want one.

Thats bullshit. D3 AH worked, only the RMAH was broken and broke the game. If drops are balanced for singleplayers and the AH is merely optional it can work perfectly fine.

That being said, GGG is anti easy trading. They want the elites to stay elite and exploit those that dont know how to trade well.
"
TheExile777 wrote:
There are improvements coming but more like a "trade pool" where you put your items, and then others can buy them out... Think like horadric cube. Put 4 items in (6 if belts and rings so you have the boxes full), then at a sell you see let's say 2c in the cube and 4 items left, or 2c 4ex and one item left. This will set a max count on offers.

Something like that.

WTF, no idea what your saying, but it sounds stupid as shit. Also where did you get this info that something this stupid is being done?
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Unquietheart wrote:
I hope not.

Auction houses aren't really a viable concept for ARPGs, regardless of how much you personally might want one.

Thats bullshit. D3 AH worked, only the RMAH was broken and broke the game. If drops are balanced for singleplayers and the AH is merely optional it can work perfectly fine.

That being said, GGG is anti easy trading. They want the elites to stay elite and exploit those that dont know how to trade well.

This I agree with but people here hate D3 and the term Auction House will hurt their feels though.
I think for leagues it's not a good idea, since it's very easy to sell your good items and buy items, but they DO need an auction house for Standard(or a different trading method). it's almost impossible to sell items in Standard and it's even harder to buy items as well. In most cases, I'm often messaging 10 to 15 people without a response before someone responds. And many times I get no response, forcing me to settle on a inferior item......Of course this is probably because aren't smart and didn't turn off their trade tabs in standard when they went over to Legacy. Anyway, so yes, for Standard, we do need an auction house for the reasons I mentioned above. I doubt that GGG will implement anyway, but I did put together a letter to send to GGG regarding this.

While I play leagues in the beginning, I'm more of a casual, so I tend to like to gravitate to Standard since I know I'm' not going to have tons of time to acquire lots of wealth to make an awesome build in the league.....

With an auction house in Standard, you don't have to worry about wrecking the economy because it's already wrecked in Standard, so you might as well......

Last edited by Mentoya on May 21, 2017, 11:39:08 AM
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
TheExile777 wrote:
There are improvements coming but more like a "trade pool" where you put your items, and then others can buy them out... Think like horadric cube. Put 4 items in (6 if belts and rings so you have the boxes full), then at a sell you see let's say 2c in the cube and 4 items left, or 2c 4ex and one item left. This will set a max count on offers.

Something like that.

WTF, no idea what your saying, but it sounds stupid as shit. Also where did you get this info that something this stupid is being done?

Just wait, there are kinor improvements comi g but in the end it's something like described...
No Problem,
Exile
Still say a vendor obtained through a master for your hideout that is online when you are online would be the solution that gives the most control over the amount of trading space and availability to GGG.

Being a separate entity code and design wise also will make handling and maintaining that feature more efficient. Vendor content can be searched exclusively through the in-game search tool.

Putting the master in act 5 or so, it would also mean one has to play the game for a while before getting a vendor, meaning the establishing of alt traders is taking some effort.

As it requires one to go to the hideout, access the vendor and buy what's there manually, automating this process with bots will be complicated, maybe even to the point it's not really feasible.

Players moving the vendor behind impassable decorations to create fake sales for price manipulation can be blocked and filtered in the item search tool.

Trade as we know it can still be done through inventory mapping and premium tabs as usual.

Not going to hold my breath for this, though.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
sadly no.
Second-class poe gamer
No. According to GGG, the game is built around trading (drop rates etc.), so it just HAS to be as frustrating as possible. Otherwise it won't be hardcore enough.
Last edited by MECHanokl on May 21, 2017, 2:37:26 PM
"
MECHanokl wrote:
No. According to GGG, the game is built around trading (drop rates etc.), so it just HAS to be as frustrating as possible. Otherwise it won't be hardcore enough.

Hardcore trading: First you pay for your item and then you have to go through the Labyrinth to claim it. Should you die or leave, Izaro keeps your purchase. That's how he fills up his chests with goodies.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info