Projectile skills need to be reworked

Here's an example:

If projectile has been created outside of certain range from the character it will never display.
Magma Orb on the gif has only 140% increased projectile speed.
That is not how the game should work.

Sources of projectile speed need same 'pseudo diminishing returns' mechanic as AoE.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on May 20, 2017, 6:00:17 PM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2017, 2:50:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1 this
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Yeah... It makes no sense to nerf AoE, to make it harder to get and thus make many skills almost single target, but yet leave multiple screen effective ranges on Projectiles alone.

Projectiles need to either have their distance get DR to limit how far they can go when stacking speed, or something like make their ranges based on distance, not time, so speed just makes them get to their end point faster/slower rather than affecting their ranges.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
reworked

am I playing league of legends?

absolutely do not get into the habit of reworking every aspect of the game or it will be destroyed.
Not surprised that you propose the diminishing return mechanic which is probably the worst introduction to this game yet. I think they were absolutely nuts to do this and it is a potential slippery slope.

"

Yeah... It makes no sense to nerf AoE, to make it harder to get and thus make many skills almost single target, but yet leave multiple screen effective ranges on Projectiles alone.

see this shit?
this destroy games. "makes no sense to fuck with one thing. Lets fuck up other thing too"

Tread carefully, exile.
"
Toliman wrote:
"

see this shit?
this destroy games. "makes no sense to fuck with one thing. Lets fuck up other thing too"

Tread carefully, exile.

Oh, that's right, if there exists an actual game to play, rather than a bunch of loot pinata's that you pop from 8 miles away, that's "Fucked"

As far as things go, I think the AoE nerf was a bit heavy handed, but mostly on a case by case basis, since only some skills got adjusted to compensate for nerfs, while others were left SOL and are garbage now (For example, Reave)

Meanwhile, projectiles are far worse than AoE ever was. Which is being exacerbated by a bunch of Threshold Jewels directly providing a ton of Projectile Speed.

Also, your paraphrasing doesn't match what I said.

If I were to paraphrase like you did it would be "Makes no sense to fuck with one thing, when something else much worse wasn't fucked with at all"
Some diminishing returns might be needed. There is already a system implemented for that in the form of the negative effect of Point Blank. It would serve well if it would get softened and fine tuned for ranged attacks and the Far Shot Ascendancy Notable would just remove this penalty without adding damage.
For projectile speed, just nerf it with heavy hand and give it the same diminishing returns as AoE got.
The max range of projectiles should be on the screen when you pressed the button to activate the skill.
"
The max range of projectiles should be on the screen when you pressed the button to activate the skill.

+1, and the same should be done for monsters. It's unfair for both sides to be killed offscreen by projectiles.
Yeah lets nerf vaal pact, projectiles hell let's nerf everything.

Nerfing projectile speed would make explosive arrow a very fun build useless to play, so I say go **** yourself.
"
pjoseph wrote:
so I say go **** yourself.

Well, as expected, just one person out of eight commented in the thread got the point.

"
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info