Projectile skills need to be reworked

The fact that projectiles don't show up at very high range in PvP is messed up honestly ...

About the actuall game balance ( = PvE ), having projectiles loose speed as they travel would make a lot of sense imho, with some damage reductions with it.
Something that would not impared too much skills that are not reaching the edge of the screen, but would have a lot of impact on offscreening ones.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 27, 2017, 12:51:35 AM
"
Toliman wrote:
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
reworked

am I playing league of legends?

absolutely do not get into the habit of reworking every aspect of the game or it will be destroyed.
Not surprised that you propose the diminishing return mechanic which is probably the worst introduction to this game yet. I think they were absolutely nuts to do this and it is a potential slippery slope.

"

Yeah... It makes no sense to nerf AoE, to make it harder to get and thus make many skills almost single target, but yet leave multiple screen effective ranges on Projectiles alone.

see this shit?
this destroy games. "makes no sense to fuck with one thing. Lets fuck up other thing too"

Tread carefully, exile.

yup, fix aoe again plz, its more broken now.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
"
Fruz wrote:
The fact that projectiles don't show up at very high range in PvP is messed up honestly ...

About the actuall game balance ( = PvE ), having projectiles loose speed as they travel would make a lot of sense imho, with some damage reductions with it.
Something that would not impared too much skills that are not reaching the edge of the screen, but would have a lot of impact on offscreening ones.

Not having Point Blank as a default mechanic for how projectiles work was a mistake, not to mention not limiting their reach to a maximum of another further screen with proportional damage reduction also.

It should have been based on the radius centered around the character, as projectiles and spells should have had lesser impact at the maximum distance from source, so 100% of the damage in a 45 radius, 75% in a 60 radius, 50% in a 75 radius and 25% in a 85/90 radius, with everything post 90 radius dealing 0 damage - Point Blank keystone should have 30% more damage at the start of distance and let it reach only 10-15% of the total damage at the outer end, while a Far Shot keystone should have been reversed with 10-15% of the damage close and up to 30% more at the far end.

And Spectral Throw should have encouraged a perfect positioning to have an optimal overlap area.

But we enjoy mindless throwing projectiles that reach a few screens away, and getting one shot by our own reflected damage from time to time. /s
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Toliman wrote:
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
reworked

This query is just bizarre. As if GGG haven't been reworking skills and mechanics since Closed Beta on a regular basis...

__

From what I can tell, the gif is from a pvp encounter. Which is...just not balanced, on any level. I'm glad that this highlights the fuckery of off-screening but it's hardly the only issue with PvP right now...

The big one being no one gives a fuck about it.

Well, they kinda haven't. So far they've just been throwing numbers around and added broken or shitty threshold jewels. Reworking a skill would imply a concept, an idea how that skill should work. Something they don't have for most of the game to this day.
"
poeFan2 wrote:
"
The max range of projectiles should be on the screen when you pressed the button to activate the skill.

+1, and the same should be done for monsters. It's unfair for both sides to be killed offscreen by projectiles.

+1
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Toliman wrote:
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
reworked

This query is just bizarre. As if GGG haven't been reworking skills and mechanics since Closed Beta on a regular basis...

that doesn't mean their balancing is good or that their way of balancing the game actually makes the game better. they have shown that they are okay with completely destroying mechanics and never revisiting them even years later. (life nodes on tree? EB/AA?) the aoe nerfs were a mistake that should just be reverted or heavily reworked in all honesty and nerfing projectiles on top of it would not improve the game.

i'm familiar with their balancing but i'm growing sick of the limited build diversity and i know i'm not the only one. people say this game has good build diversity but it really doesn't, it's basically balanced like d3 is with a forced meta where we play what GGG wants us to, and are strongly disincentivized to play whatever skills were popular in the previous league.

+1
Forum pvp
Makes no sense that some elements in game got trashed. So you suggest to trash the whole game to make it fair.

GGG is balancing stuff with a friking gigantic HAMMER. They never do small adjustments and fine tuning. And stuff that gets destroyed stays destroyed they never look back.

So thread carefully what you are asking.
it s not only MAgma it is also fireball+aoe+jewels.

Imo after 100 unit projectiles should just disapear or deal 0 damage
Forum pvp
"
PayneK wrote:
Makes no sense that some elements in game got trashed. So you suggest to trash the whole game to make it fair.

GGG is balancing stuff with a friking gigantic HAMMER. They never do small adjustments and fine tuning. And stuff that gets destroyed stays destroyed they never look back.

So thread carefully what you are asking.

your ice shot character.. you know that you do not scale converted damage skills with FLAT COLD? you could deal significantly higher dps if you actually scale it properly

thus - i do not think that your vision of balance holds. there are no 'hammers' - there is fixing of idiotic explot-generating mishaps. what got destroyed recently? if by 'destroyed' you mean 'sheeple no longer auto-pick it' then i think you confuse 'balanced' with 'destroyed'

anything that is 'auto-pick' deserves a smack with 'fix it' hammer

and +1 to the 'projectiles are kinda stupid right now' initiative

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info