3.0 setting up for disappointment?

My biggest disapointement for 3.0 is that its not 3.1

All the things GGG said " Its wont make it in 3.0, but most likely be in 3.1" look greater than the 3.0 content itself
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
My biggest disapointement for 3.0 is that its not 3.1

All the things GGG said " Its wont make it in 3.0, but most likely be in 3.1" look greater than the 3.0 content itself

in all likelihood 3.1 will be better than 3.0

not as game-changing

but a more polished version of 3.0

and possibly with you precious Dom Blow changes lol
I dont see any any key!
The biggest disappointment is the new skills?

One new skill: Storm Burst so far.

Wow...

woopeeedeeedooo!

So there's basically 1-3 new skills in 3.0 meaning gameplay doesn't change, no new builds, all nerfed builds, etc.

This is why 3.0 won't be successful.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
tobes111 wrote:
So there's basically 1-3 new skills in 3.0 meaning gameplay doesn't change, no new builds, all nerfed builds, etc.

Nerfing the dominant builds shifts the meta more than introducing new ones, unless they're BoA.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I realized, that the "No End Game" issue will never be solved by adding more content
"
Psichrone wrote:
I realized, that the "No End Game" issue will never be solved by adding more content

I dont know it it will really ever be solved in an ARPG

its a hard game type to make "endgame" content for
I dont see any any key!
The leagues are the true endgame.
HAIL SATAN!
"
In every game there is a end. Even in a big MMO like WoW players can reach a point where everything was achieved and done. I think the question is how entertaining and rewarding an endgame should be for the players. Overall for me the POE endgame is ok, Atlas of Worlds made the right changes. What could POE do to expand the endgame further? I thought about it and came to these three points:

1. More endgame maps or special missions in the different acts.

2. Increase the maximum level.

3. Maybe implement something like the paragon levels in D3.

I dont see the point of increasing the max level when 99% of players never even hit 100 before the league ends
I dont see any any key!
"
In every game there is a end. Even in a big MMO like WoW players can reach a point where everything was achieved and done. I think the question is how entertaining and rewarding an endgame should be for the players. Overall for me the POE endgame is ok, Atlas of Worlds made the right changes. What could POE do to expand the endgame further? I thought about it and came to these three points:

1. More endgame maps or special missions in the different acts.

2. Increase the maximum level.

3. Maybe implement something like the paragon levels in D3.

I would wager that #1 is being addressed with pantheon in 3.0. You're basically going on "special missions" to kill the same ol bosses for special drops to further your pantheon passives.

#2 and #3 though I don't see going over well. Increasing the level cap seems like something youd see in an asian mmo ...where you're basically grinding xp for a week in order to earn 10% towards your next level; considering going from 90-100 is already such a chore than only really dedicated players achieve it. Going further than 100...even 110 ..would be an astronomical endeavor. The same stays true for a paragon-like system as well ....since you basically need to be at the level cap for it to work.

Otherwise you would need an alternate xp system to earn paragon points, which if it was designed like Everquest 2, would actually be a really neat system. You could have an xp system like right now, for just levels, and then something else earned when you do special things, like say kill end game bosses or when consuming pantheon items; that goes into a "Pantheon Experience Point" system ( or whatever you wanted to call it ). Basically having two "Xp" bars, earned for doing two different types of activities. That would give you an alternative progression type..without tying it in to something that is already super tedious and relatively redundant to switch over from ( if you earned paragon points after reaching the level cap..its basically like you're still earning levels...so whats the point of the cap? ).

As for "end game" for arpgs, I'm not sure why this is always seen as a mysterious unicorn. Because of the genre? It's just an isometric rpg ...the functionality doesn't really change between mmos, jrpgs, etc. Heck, Marvel Heroes has Raiding content, and it works just fine.

Personally, I despise Atlas, because it feels like a convoluted gating system created merely to cement in the already lazy gating of the map system ( which imo was vastly better at the start of PoE ..before it became the entirety of "endgame" and so it dragged on into 16 tiers.... ). Using maps should be a tool, not a career path, as was it's original design and intent.

I think the game needs more content like Guardians / Shaper. Something that could be considered content entirely on it's own ..rather than just a mechanism or "end point" of maps. I think pantheon could have a good starting point for that, if it wasn't the fact that it's just more map content. If you could detatch pantheon progression at least partially from maps ..and maybe direct it back towards the campaign areas themselves that might help. That way you can do maps for one set of content ..or do "campaign side quests" for another. Split content paths would be great.

I really don't want GGG to just keep inserting new content into requiring interaction with Atlas / Maps. If anything, so that it keeps them from becoming entirely complacent / lazy with improvements to Atlas / Maps; where instead of iteration and evolution...they just add layers of foundation on top of it to the point that it becomes a dreary dripping basement that just has to be there.
"
JoeShmo wrote:
I think the game needs more content like Guardians / Shaper.

We could also get Maelstrom of Chaos back in some form, an endless dungeon that gets progressively harder is almost a staple in online games.

Maybe some high-yield timed events might not be bad either, or a last stand mode similar to Elreon's missions but harder and party-only. More variety couldn't hurt, we got atlas, lab, atziri, breach domains and that's about it, races are void and pvp is defunct, it's a fairly barebones endgame.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info