Damage Over Time Changes - More Information

@Schmeelk

Good points, thx. I wish I could just stop thinking about it atm, but... well, you know...
Anyway, maybe devs will answer some of similar questions later.

"
Hellsfire wrote:

Actually the first post says it's determined by base damage which does include flat dmg adds (and should take into affect conversions as well).

"
Rory wrote:

In the Beta for The Fall of Oriath, we're going to be trying out a new damage over time system. Skills will calculate their Ignite, Poison or Bleed values as a separate damage value, taken straight from the base and added damage of the skill.

Missed that, thx. Silly me, heh.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
Nerf this, nerf that...
Just because a couple nutjobs who played day and night made OP builds, GGG nerf the entire game.
Those nutjobs will figure out ways to get OP regardless but you're not going to retain new players.
"
Riborg wrote:
"
TettaVolante wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
the more i read it all the more i see it as a overly complicated stuff that tries its best to explain its own existence

this 'system' is so convoluted and complex and plain fuzzy that alone should be a warning that something is not going right

3 articles about as simple as DoT in a game? even if only 10% of this system is somewhat flawed (And it most likely will be on the first try) then it will turn out to be a complete mess

magic keystones, sepcial modifiers, 4 types of burning with only one proper, damage types that are 'specia' and apply twice as opposed to others that do only once..

was it really this difficult to just copy Grim Dawn's system of 'hit' 'post-hit' scaling? and solve all the past, current and potential issues all at once?

it surely looks like too big to be done correctly and building a mess over a mess to fix a mess.. sorry, im highly sceptical about this

it will take one mess and provide us with yet another. then 2 years of waiting for fix, then another mess..

system issues cannot be fixed with bandaids. no matter how numerous..

This, so much this

+1

i thought min-maxers like fuzzy stuff?
when i figured out all min-max of GrimDawn in a casual week i never started it again, sadly
Last edited by old_joe on May 4, 2017, 11:52:06 AM
kinetic blast is fuXking strong in pvp, don't you know? there is no any balance so far...poor it
I saw someone kill shaper in under 30 seconds, with several different builds on multiple occasions. to say youre not changing end game tier boss hp really frightens me.
No one cares about standard. It's literally a recycle bin, just press empty.
"
Http://www.pegi.info/en/index/
I would like to receive an answer that should interest everyone
I have not found on your site more than one identification system of the age limit
In the PEGI system, I also did not find an assessment of your game
However, considering the scenes of violence, the murder of women in the game, with realistic blood
Game 18+ ... is this true?
The fact is that it is possible that it is impossible in the game, the marking of the game
And I want to get an answer to this question ...
Further if the game is below 18+ I want to disable the effect of blood in the game ...
This is a matter of the game, you write you will not voluntarily in the game to drive the button to disable the special effect so? That is, you can not turn off the blood in the game? And change its color?
Then I want to get an answer to the age limit of the game?
And where is the warning that the game wears scenes of violence and cruelty? ..
You are killing men like women ...

Thanks in advance for the answer

Talk about an off topic post. You might want to take this to a more appropriate section of the forums or contact support directly.

A post about changes to dot mechanics is not the place

(For the record I would assume it's at least teenage range, 16 to 18+)
"
Hexcaliber wrote:
"
Chalk_Circles wrote:
I hope these changes and today's information will shut the cry babies up. If anything DoT is getting a buff, not a nerf.

I can only assume the potential problems players have questions on are beyond you so you resort to directing insults at them. You may want to avoid the forums during beta, no one likes to hear someone "crying" about others asking questions.
Fair enough. But people are crying about things before they've been implemented. Oh, no one likes to hear someone being patronising, seems we should both avoid the forums.
"
Http://www.pegi.info/en/index/
I would like to receive an answer that should interest everyone
I have not found on your site more than one identification system of the age limit
In the PEGI system, I also did not find an assessment of your game
However, considering the scenes of violence, the murder of women in the game, with realistic blood
Game 18+ ... is this true?
The fact is that it is possible that it is impossible in the game, the marking of the game
And I want to get an answer to this question ...
Further if the game is below 18+ I want to disable the effect of blood in the game ...
This is a matter of the game, you write you will not voluntarily in the game to drive the button to disable the special effect so? That is, you can not turn off the blood in the game? And change its color?
Then I want to get an answer to the age limit of the game?
And where is the warning that the game wears scenes of violence and cruelty? ..
You are killing men like women ...

Thanks in advance for the answer

"In addition, you acknowledge that you are aware that POE has an R16 classification in New Zealand and warrant that you are over sixteen (16) years of age."

From TOS
"
"
Talk about an off topic post. You might want to take this to a more appropriate section of the forums or contact support directly.

A post about changes to dot mechanics is not the place

(For the record I would assume it's at least teenage range, 16 to 18+)

If 16 - then the ability to turn off the blood in the game should be)

You in fact discuss bleeding? Then I asked in the right topic about visual Effect

"The PEGI rating system is a voluntary system" straight from the pegi site.

Most of the game rating systems are voluntary. I can't speak for Russian law but most stores will refuse to sell a product without a rating system, there isn't a specific law preventing it's sale it's a policy from the retailer itself. So I assume when xbox port comes out it will be on the front of that.

If you read the license agreement it states you should be at least 16 with parental guidance or at least 18 without

I guess I wasn't the only one who was curious about Righteous Fire changes. I am happy to have that answered though, because I was getting a bit worried that with the new changes RF would become too powerful especially considering how strong it already is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info