[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

Great guide, Demi! Lacerate has been a blast to play so far this league! Excellent AoE for Temple clears! Any thoughts you have on my build would be appreciated.

So I don't have too much life (only 4.3K) ... opted out of Bloodmagic because I really wanted to run some auras (Hatred and Herald of Ash). So no life really, but my unbuffed tooltip is 85K DPS. It's at 310K with flasks, totem, blood rage, frenzy and onslaught up. Hey, it's not Hardcore, so I don't mind dying every now and then while I pretend I can facetank stuff.

I hope to upgrade my chest at some point. Been a challenge to find other upgrades with the way I have my resistances spread out, and attributes. Could probably do better with jewels too, but again, relying on them for a lot of res.

Here's what I'm working with gear-wise:

Other gloves I sometimes use:

The chest I want to use once I can 6L it:

"
SaintCabal wrote:
Great guide, Demi! words

4.3k life is unacceptable to me, i rarely enter maps with less than 4-5k, much less push to endgame with it :P. missing a ton of life across your gear but you're aware of that. keep working on it and you'll be pushing guardians in no time.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
"
"
SaintCabal wrote:
Great guide, Demi! words

... you'll be pushing guardians in no time.

I've only gotten Phoenix map drops so far, which haven't been a problem so long as no crazy mods. Minotaur will be a different story, I'm sure.

Mostly running deathless T13-T15 alched maps with all mods except reflect and leechless. Elder has been manageable so far, but haven't seen him above T11 yet. Need to open up my Atlas a bit more.

No doubt more life would be great, but soooo pricey if doing so without huge sacrifice to damage.
"
msedt03 wrote:
update:

now my tooltip is 75k in ho. hoping to get it to 100k how's it gonna be possible? thanks!

Your attack speed is 5%, you need it to be 7-8% aswell as your phys damage 490+
Also, 6 linking will obviously increase damage with an additional support gem.

Last edited by Evultoad on Jul 23, 2018, 8:28:04 AM
Hey there. This build and guide took me from being totally new to POE to my first Shaper kill. It was a pretty sloppy affair, but I fully intend to try it again and not eat multiple slams like an idiot hah. It's been an awesome ride and I totally recommend playing this build to anyone who was in the position I was last month. Here's what I've managed to accomplished gear wise.

(anger is only slotted because I don't need Portal and I'm leveling it to flip lol)

Some stuff there I'm still looking to improve on(life rolls on most of my stuff is pretty bad, no 4 Prop Jewels), but I feel like my damage is pretty decent and I've got about 7.5K life. Sometimes I'll swap out the Topaz Ring for Ming's Heart when I need more Chaos Res, it also gives a little bit more damage according to POB. Found it to be particularly useful for Incursions on maps with RIP'y mods and to help deal with the snakes during Chimera's add phases. Rare Ring with damage or Ming's Heart both seemed to work out better than Voidheart for me both in terms of POB numbers and feel. I also found that Lacerate felt fine with Conc Effect over Faster Attacks, but I only made that switch after getting attack speed on nearly all of my Jewels/Gloves so your mileage may vary there. Out of all the upgrades I made along the way, the amulet with leech rate and the belt with life recovery are probably tied for the biggest difference makers. I had been using a pretty mediocre Stygian Vise up until recently and was debating investing heavily in a good Abyss Jewel, but I'm really glad I went for the life recovery rate belt. Getting the best of both worlds like Demi did would be the dream haha.

...but even when I had bad gear, maps up to T15 really felt pretty easy and I felt like I was clearing them pretty quick. Made it to Red Maps with a 4 Link on a Kondo's Pride. Guardians got a little tough(even with the Starforge), which required some retooling and gearing up in order to feel good, but a huge portion of that was probably just me being bad/new.

But yeah, it's a awesome build and served as a really good introduction to the game for me, thanks a bunch! Good luck to anyone else who decides to go with it.
Hey DeMi!
Build is looking good. I was wondering, would you recommend this build for the next Flashback event if I'm only interesed on rushing through the levels to get the cosmetic rewards? Is this a fast/easy leveling build? And also on another topic, how good is this build for uber lab farming?
Thanks in advance!
"
asonenine wrote:

no point using taste of hate with this sword, it has a mod "deal no ele dmg".

i really like this build and i already commented about it.
i changed it a little bit so i can have more life and movement speed for mapping.
i just need more dps so it feels better, not much tho.

how can i get more dps without breaking the bank?

there is my POB:
https://pastebin.com/NrjNyuMT
Got back into POE for incursion league after not having played in several years (since either beta or 1.0, cant remember).

Messed around with several builds but really enjoy the lacerate skill and used this guide as a template.

Really appreciate the work you put into it, really helped me with getting back into the game.

My gear isn't stellar but I'm cruising through maps now and will hopefully get all the content cleared before the league ends. I intend to take this character to standard and finish any content that I didn't get a chance to do (want full atlas completion and all bosses cleared).

My profile is public if anyone wants to recommend some upgrades I'm overlooking. I think at this point I just need to save up and buy steel rings next.
Hi Demi! Not sure if the question has been asked in the thread earlier, but if im gonna be using a high phys vaal axe like you instead of starforge, would herald of ash and hatred be a viable option instead of going bloodmagic?

or vulnerability maybe?

I get that going gloodmagic provides a lot of HP and all, but is the any other reason u're using it instad of hoa and hatred when u're not using starforge?
IGN: TurnDownForWOT
Hi bro, can u atualize the Tree? Thnx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info