[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

Ello girls and boys still tuned in!

Quick update for you guys wanting to see some mapping...

Here's a T15 Colosseum(corrupted) run I just recorded:

Youtube: 3.0 ScourgeFlurry - T15 Colosseum(corrupted)

I aimed to make this video to answer several questions that came up about the viability of the build. I wanted to show both the DPS with mobs with 45% more health, and also the question of how much can I actually sustain "full-life" for the support gem.

I'll let you judge by yourselves...

Ello out there!

Update as I made an important acquisition today in the helmet enchant:

This bad boy brings me to the following stats:

Mind you these are imported from my in-game character, not something I came up with in PoB.

Feel free to import my character and check yourself, just keep in mind that I sometimes use Increased Area of Effect instead of Concentrated Effect, so if you import and see lower DPS, check that.

The config options to achieve these numbers are:

A short rundown of why these options:

1) Full life: This is probably the most controversial, as being full life is not something PoE is known for, however, I believe with the setup I've got you do maintain this enough to warrant it. You can judge for yourselves by watching the showcase videos. If you feel I am wrong, however, you can go with Chance to Bleed, the second best option DPS wise. Rest assured I will be testing Chance to Bleed in-game to see how it feels.

2) Hit recently: "Recently" refers to the last 4 seconds. If you haven't been hit in the last 4 seconds then you're probably in a really bad map.

3) Warcry recently: Again this refers to the last 4 seconds. You basically have this buff all the time if you warcry as you should.

4) Is the enemy moving: This doesn't make any different to Blade Flurry damage. This is enabled because I run Chance to Bleed with my Ancestral Warchief. Take a look at the gems on the helm linked above.

5) Is the enemy maimed: We're running Maim support and have pretty good attack speed, so yes.

6) Is the enemy intimidated: Yes. We use belt of the deceiver that intimidates everything around
us.

Here's max DPS with Shocked mobs enabled from Lightning Trap:

LAST MINUTE UPDATE: Numbers are going to be a bit lower now. Since I passed the 1M DPS threshold, I decided it's time to go Blood Magic and dump Hatred for Vaal Haste/Blood Rage. So if you import my character now, take that into account.

These are the base numbers imported now with Blood Magic:

Gotta love that 6.3k life :) 7k+ here we come! Already working on trying to 6L a belly that dropped for me.
Last edited by corosou on Aug 13, 2017, 8:07:45 PM
Thanks for posting this build Corosou.

I'm giving it a go in Harbinger and it's quite fun. Boss DPS is really nice and it's able to handle breaches quite well.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
Thanks for posting this build Corosou.

I'm giving it a go in Harbinger and it's quite fun. Boss DPS is really nice and it's able to handle breaches quite well.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're enjoying it.
Hi :) I really like this build.

Will give it a try in the Harbringer league.. lets see how we do :)

GL!
"
dyNa1337 wrote:
Hi :) I really like this build.

Will give it a try in the Harbringer league.. lets see how we do :)

GL!

Very kind of you :) just keep in mind I'm still working out all the kinks. Something that can only be done in testing, as 3.0 had such massive changes and this was very heavy Poison based build in 2.6
For all those tuning in. I have yet another update for you.

But before all that, let me take a second to apologize if you feel I'm taking you on a bit of a roller-coaster.

As much as I would like to be able to work out every single detail of the build in PoB, just like any legit science experiment, numbers you get in the lab, need to be tested out in the field.

And in that spirit, here's what I've tested so far:

Blood Magic: Mostly for the extra life nodes behind it, but unfortunately this is not going to be an option. It just kills any ability to scale your damage if you don't have mana for auras and poison is really not worth the points or effort to go into as far as I can see. So, I've dumped BM and picked up Hatred and Herald of Ash, which along with my old 2.6 gloves (see below) and Abyssal Cry means that when things die there's a triple explosion:

One caveat to picking up the Herald is that mana reserved is way too low for Whirling blade to allow you to move non-stop, so that means I had to dump Fortify and pick up Blood Magic Support for it. This works very well as you no longer need to be Full Life for any DPS bonus and with life regen you don't even notice taking damage from whirling around:

This is not a problem for Blade Flurry, as when you are using it you are actively hitting mobs and leeching enough mana to keep continuous dmg.

Overall I've decided to try a different route. A bit more in tune with the 2.6 version of the build and so I've once again picked up these gloves:

I've also changed the links and dumped Damage On Full Life for Chance to Bleed which along with the gloves above puts our chance to cause bleeding at 50% and a nice way to scale damage:

In order to regain some of the DPS lost due to going Chance to Bleed, I opted to change the tree back to the nodes I had back in 2.6 to get an extra jewel slot with some sick DPS jewels I found and some added defensive stats points along the way, which puts me way overcapped on resists at the moment, allowing me to fit in Belly of the Beast once I 6-Link it and also have better options when it comes to finding steel rings. I also dropped the extra leech nodes, as in testing it didn't seem to make much of a difference if I had 10k or 20k of leech, when you die, it's mostly because of getting 1-shot, and thus I got as much life as I could to get as close to 6k as possible. Belly will def put me above 6k, which is more than enough, and if you want more you can get 7% life on a bunch of jewels still.

TLDR, just import this latest config into PoB: https://pastebin.com/rzxMX3u6 or take a look at my active toon.

Pretty cool looking with auras and a belly:

Last edited by corosou on Aug 15, 2017, 1:52:41 PM
hey what you think about bloodlust in bf and chance to bleed in totem, its looking good.
and i cant understand what gems i need to follow in this build xD

"
hey what you think about bloodlust in bf and chance to bleed in totem, its looking good.
and i cant understand what gems i need to follow in this build xD

Yeah I saw that's a nice option too, but haven't played around with it to see how it would work. If you do, let me know how it works pls!

For the gems I'm not sure what you mean by follow... If you mean why the main post is different is because I'm making changes as I can and test them. I'll update soon.
Last edited by corosou on Aug 15, 2017, 12:05:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info