[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
BloodLab wrote:
Sorry if you have already answered this question but is it viable HC in 3.0 ?

Answered before. I don't know. I don't play hardcore.
can u take a look at my seasonal char?

i play bv before and i wanna try your funny build but i have no money for change the chest!!!!
i use a carcass 5l atm, what skill i must to drop? ruth? maim? bleed ? ruth?
i can play with this setup or i must use a tabula for the 6th link?
atm dps seem very poor something like 100k at 6 stage of flurry (poebuild)

i know i have only 7%life jewel without dmg boost and jeb 18-19/0 but

100k is not so near the 1m u promise ^^

btw gratz for build very funny !!!!
"
Beskaius wrote:
can u take a look at my seasonal char?

i play bv before and i wanna try your funny build but i have no money for change the chest!!!!
i use a carcass 5l atm, what skill i must to drop? ruth? maim? bleed ? ruth?
i can play with this setup or i must use a tabula for the 6th link?
atm dps seem very poor something like 100k at 6 stage of flurry (poebuild)

i know i have only 7%life jewel without dmg boost and jeb 18-19/0 but

100k is not so near the 1m u promise ^^

btw gratz for build very funny !!!!

Bad jewels, gems not even level 20 nor quality.....
"
Ameyuz wrote:

Bad jewels, gems not even level 20 nor quality.....

it's only this? ok map after map i try to push up gem and jewel tnx
Hi, thx for the the build after all, i have few questions (actually run your Kaom's Tanky version);
1-What is the correct level to go for blade furry?
2-Recomend any weapon to leveling?
3-Have a budget option for expensive flask?

Thanks for all and sorry my english ^^
Hey there!

This has been my fav build for a while now... its so good, i played it in breach, and i keep trying other builds, and this one always calls me back, big thanks to corosou for this guide :)

I am hitting towards the end cap, and im wondering how i should go about increasing my dps now, im around 275k right now, but i just need to figure out how to get pushed up higher towards that 1 mil mark (i wanna do shaper soon! im 80 right now, won't go there till 85ish)

Any advice would be amazing!

https://pastebin.com/f4rUHkn3

Or you can view "PapaBladeFlurry" on my profile.

I know theres a lot to still be improved on (saving up) but im curious what the best way to start is, thanks :)
+1 For this build. It's very well designed.

My character is NewReaveOP
http://i.imgur.com/E7embe6.png

OFFENSE:
I was able to take this build through all maps T1-T16 and including Shaper (Now at four kills farming all the pieces myself). Mapping overall was surprisingly decent even though I'm not a huge fan of Blade Flurry personally. The unique gloves Haemophilia work just like the Gladiator Ascendancy and combined with Herald of Ash, killing one mob kills the entire pack.

DEFENSE:
In terms of survival, this is still a Berserker which means we are taking extra hits combined with the fact we cannot dodge. However, I did not find this a problem through mapping because of IR and the insane of amount of leech combined with our life pool (6250 for me). Most of my deaths are from neglect and bad gameplay, not the build. I killed Shaper at 35 deaths in total (about 20 were to bleed without a bleed flask leveling, the rest is because I suck).

SUGGESTIONS:
The only changes I would suggest to anyone out there attempting the build is to make room for Kaoms Roots. I didn't use them, but they're very nice for longer fights where Kiara's is not available. Also you can dump Kiara's for another offensive flask (Taste of Hate/Sins). Damage can be upped by running Bloodlust in the setup instead of Chance to Bleed since our totem applies it. However, this is quite annoying later on.
-Play with YOUR character in PoB. Everyone has their own style.

My PROS and CONS:

PROS:
-Cheap. Everything can be bought for 1-2c besides Jewelry/Chest/Jewels
-High DMG ~1mil DPS in PoB -Against Guardians/Shaper around 600k.
-Decent clearspeed and able to do most maps (Phys reflect sucks, but is possible with Pantheon)
-Survivability - Can tank almost all hits and instantly leech back thanks to our claw.
-Uber Lab Farmer/Shaper Farmer/T16 Farmer/Atziri Farmer
-NOT VAAL PACT

Cons:
-There are no cons I can fairly attach to this build. For the cost it's incredibly effective and should be able to clear everything including Uber Atziri.

Last edited by StormHavoc on Aug 23, 2017, 1:23:25 AM
"
StormHavoc wrote:

Cons:
-There are no cons I can fairly attach to this build. For the cost it's incredibly effective and should be able to clear everything including Uber Atziri.

I like this build a lot - you essentially get Vaal Pact without the penalty of no regeneration.

But every build has some weaknesses.
======
The major weakness of this build is that it's not a top clear-speed build.

It's melee/AOE and it's not projectile - AOE took a huge hit recently, and thus:
1) Clear speed isn't great; and
2) There's nothing you can do to fix it.
======
For me, this is a great budget build/league-starter, able to kill any boss in the game with little investment. Moreover, if you don't care about clear speed, this build is the only build you will need - it will do everything for you.

Clear speed with this build is fair - not great definitely - but not terrible either.

However, if you need to run maps quickly, over and over again, this is not the build you should choose. You'll need to pick some sort of projectile build and will end up running Vaal Pact - which will incur weaknesses not present in this build.

That said - there isn't any major reason to favor a high clear speed build this league if you're going after all the challenges - but, if you want to farm something, e.g. The Doctor card, where you'll need to clear maps quickly over and over again - look to some other build for this.
=============
Don't believe the above? - run some Zana 7 rotations - projectile builds are just crazy at clear speed - you'll be whirling around maps - looking desperately for mobs to kill only to find that every single mob is already dead, killed by your projectile compatriots.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 23, 2017, 7:53:00 AM
"
StormHavoc wrote:
+1 For this build. It's very well designed.

My character is NewReaveOP
http://i.imgur.com/E7embe6.png

OFFENSE:
I was able to take this build through all maps T1-T16 and including Shaper (Now at four kills farming all the pieces myself). Mapping overall was surprisingly decent even though I'm not a huge fan of Blade Flurry personally. The unique gloves Haemophilia work just like the Gladiator Ascendancy and combined with Herald of Ash, killing one mob kills the entire pack.

DEFENSE:
In terms of survival, this is still a Berserker which means we are taking extra hits combined with the fact we cannot dodge. However, I did not find this a problem through mapping because of IR and the insane of amount of leech combined with our life pool (6250 for me). Most of my deaths are from neglect and bad gameplay, not the build. I killed Shaper at 35 deaths in total (about 20 were to bleed without a bleed flask leveling, the rest is because I suck).

SUGGESTIONS:
The only changes I would suggest to anyone out there attempting the build is to make room for Kaoms Roots. I didn't use them, but they're very nice for longer fights where Kiara's is not available. Also you can dump Kiara's for another offensive flask (Taste of Hate/Sins). Damage can be upped by running Bloodlust in the setup instead of Chance to Bleed since our totem applies it. However, this is quite annoying later on.
-Play with YOUR character in PoB. Everyone has their own style.

My PROS and CONS:

PROS:
-Cheap. Everything can be bought for 1-2c besides Jewelry/Chest/Jewels
-High DMG ~1mil DPS in PoB -Against Guardians/Shaper around 600k.
-Decent clearspeed and able to do most maps (Phys reflect sucks, but is possible with Pantheon)
-Survivability - Can tank almost all hits and instantly leech back thanks to our claw.
-Uber Lab Farmer/Shaper Farmer/T16 Farmer/Atziri Farmer
-NOT VAAL PACT

Cons:

Much appreciated homie :)
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
StormHavoc wrote:

Cons:

I like this build a lot - you essentially get Vaal Pact without the penalty of no regeneration.

But every build has some weaknesses.
======
The major weakness of this build is that it's not a top clear-speed build.

It's melee/AOE and it's not projectile - AOE took a huge hit recently, and thus:
1) Clear speed isn't great; and
2) There's nothing you can do to fix it.
======
For me, this is a great budget build/league-starter, able to kill any boss in the game with little investment. Moreover, if you don't care about clear speed, this build is the only build you will need - it will do everything for you.

Clear speed with this build is fair - not great definitely - but not terrible either.

However, if you need to run maps quickly, over and over again, this is not the build you should choose. You'll need to pick some sort of projectile build and will end up running Vaal Pact - which will incur weaknesses not present in this build.

That said - there isn't any major reason to favor a high clear speed build this league if you're going after all the challenges - but, if you want to farm something, e.g. The Doctor card, where you'll need to clear maps quickly over and over again - look to some other build for this.
=============
Don't believe the above? - run some Zana 7 rotations - projectile builds are just crazy at clear speed - you'll be whirling around maps - looking desperately for mobs to kill only to find that every single mob is already dead, killed by your projectile compatriots.

Yeah, this is a fair assessment, though I have never once claimed it was faster than spark, for example ;) For sure it's slower than spark at trash, but faster than spark at bosses, so a sparker will clear the trash quicker, but this will kill the boss quicker, so, that makes up for some of the time loss due to melee range limitations, which as you said, there's nothing you can do about.

Either way faster trash clearing has never been my biggest priority. Also, from what I've seen, the faster people go, the faster they burn out, so my suggestion is to prioritize fun over speed, and enjoy the game.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info