[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

Vaal Double Strike 3.3 Update! Uber Elder Down!!

So, I almost didn't get the kill... I really suck at this event, but for posterity's sake here is my first Uber Elder kill ever:

HQ GIF

Youtube: Uber Elder (Many many deaths...)

As you can see both DPS and survivability are pretty damned good. Someone better at the game can definitely do this deathless. Alas, I am too old for this shit... ;)

Also, I've made some gear and tree changes:

"Perfect Scenario" DPS numbers

https://pastebin.com/PEMSu1As

DISCLAIMER: Numbers above are obviously just for fun!

Don't get all bent out of shape cuz I left "Phase Run", "Frost Bomb" and all charges on; although I do have ways to gain all 3, obviously I don't have Frenzy/Power charges 100% of the time.

Also, running around like this is very glass cannon (for a jugg)... no life flask, Abyssus and under 6k life, means easy rips, but still mad fun to see everything just melt!! For farming T15s/T16 Elder Spider Forest and lvl 83 incursions/temple it works great! And since I am already 96 and don't plan on lvling anymore, it's definitely just fine with the occasional one-shot here and there.

There's really not much I can improve on this guy. Definitely a few things here and there that can push DPS even higher, but would be just min-maxing for the hell of it. This guy can do it all!

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Jun 27, 2018, 2:51:56 AM
Important 3.3 Vaal Double Strike Update!!

Presenting: The 1M+ Shaper DPS / Hard Content MF Jugg!

Because everyone loves MF, and because the build is so strong, turning it into an MF version was pretty much just a matter of purchasing the right gear; which as we all know is not cheap.

I have tested pretty thoroughly farming Elder Spider Forest + 5 Sextants + Zana Beyond (don't even bother to swap Ancestral Call at boss) and doing 83 Temple without a problem!

HQ GIF

Youtube: T16 Elder Spider Forest Collage (MF Gear)

The Gear:

The Stats

https://pastebin.com/CJZGzYCQ

Last edited by corosou on Jul 1, 2018, 1:00:36 PM
Hello haven't find the info and i m not a huge pro of shaper items. But what the bis base for an offhand for double strike?
I'm looking to try this out and managed to get a ilvl 82 shaper Corsair sword. It rolled with the following:

37-70 fire dmg
27% inc attack speed
Gain 40% of physical as extra fire dmg
31% increased damage with bleeding

Is this a competitive choice for Vaal Double strike? If it is, what should I look to get as the two remaining affixes/suffixes? Thanks a lot for any input on this!
"
Tomymoonly wrote:
Hello haven't find the info and i m not a huge pro of shaper items. But what the bis base for an offhand for double strike?

BiS is most likely a mirror tier Sambar Scepter like this:

"
Boettega wrote:
I'm looking to try this out and managed to get a ilvl 82 shaper Corsair sword. It rolled with the following:

37-70 fire dmg
27% inc attack speed
Gain 40% of physical as extra fire dmg
31% increased damage with bleeding

Is this a competitive choice for Vaal Double strike? If it is, what should I look to get as the two remaining affixes/suffixes? Thanks a lot for any input on this!

The only thing that's useful is the Extra Fire dmg, the rest is pretty or totally useless.

Double Strike only attacks with your Main Hand weapon, the secondary is only used for stats and things like "attack speed" and "x-y some dmg" are local to the weapon, not global, and thus will not have any effect at all.

You want as much "Extra", "Penetration" and Crit Multiplier as you can get.

Something like what I am using is more than enough for all content in the game:

Or BiS overkill 1mirror:

Thank you for the Double Strike build! I absolutely love it, the single target damage is hilarious. Shame that with claws we can't use Leap Slam but otherwise the build is just great!
Last edited by Soosiz on Jul 1, 2018, 12:35:56 PM
"
Soosiz wrote:
Thank you for the Double Strike build! I absolutely love it, the single target damage is hilarious. Shame that with claws we can't use Leap Slam but otherwise the build is just great!

Hehe thanks! Glad to hear it ;)

About Leap Slam, that's why I keep Flame Dash in the mix. There's also the option of using leap in your weapon swap. It takes a bit of practice and requires that no aura skills are on weapon slots, but it's definitely doable.
Thanks for the reply!

I've build a pretty nice toon so far but I have one huge problem - cold damage and being frozen. I've followed your latest build and gearing but I consistently die to this. Is this supposed to happen? Do you also struggle with it or what do you do to deal with it?
Is your double hit hard for hardcore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info