[3.1] SHAPER Kill __ 14675 HP___7000 HP regen_Tanky Righteous Fire 1 million+ DPS

How you turn fire resistance from monster to -50% with Elemental Equilibrium?
I'm not understanding how you use EE, i'm thinking its useless
"
Yago2322 wrote:
How you turn fire resistance from monster to -50% with Elemental Equilibrium?
I'm not understanding how you use EE, i'm thinking its useless

First read description:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Equilibrium

After that understand that you need to have some piece of gear with cold or lightning attack but not with fire. Like this
It it imperative not to have fire attack on gear as this will fk EE increasing the fire resistance of mobs.

Then you have to HIT the mobs with a skill: cyclone, shield dash, reckoning, vengeance etc. Some skills are them selves elemental by nature like ice nova, tempest shield.
When a mob is hit with a cold damage (your cyclone will do some physical damage but also the elemental damage you have from gear for example) that mob will get +25% resistance to cold and -50% resistance to the other elements (including fire). So they will burn baby burn a lot harder. And as it is not a curse (bosses have less effect of curses on them) will affect bosses a lot.

Hope is clear now
A word about setup in doon: Molten Shell - Life leech - CWDT othe build use.

First is a conditional use. You must get hit for MS to be processed by CWDT. If you take DoT it will just waste 3 gem slots for nothing. And Shaper for example is doing lot of DoT.
When molten shell explode will do fire damage, around 40k. That will translate in about 800 life leech.
All good till here BUT....that explosion will fk up the EE. Sure you can reset EE by hitting the boss with cyclone, or shield dash again in it. But if you miss due to accuracy for example, or you go pass boss with SD it will still stay with +25 fire resist instead of -50%. And what if you can't go so quick near boss and you are kiting around? EE stays fked up from MS.
Then is a problem with the maps with elemental damage reflect. RF or SR are not reflected but MS is reflected. Go in a pack of mobs, MS up, bang you are dead. Because MS is reflected back, and if there are 3 mobs around you bye bye 10% experience.
In my setup we are using Spell Totem - SR - Ele focus. That alone is a solid 140K damage (way more than MS), non reflectable, and the top cherry SR will drop the fire resist of the boss by -24%, so RF hurts way more.

It is incredible for me how "experienced" players are so stubborn defending a setup they once played (like more than 1 year ago) which is clearly bad and outdated in this moment. Not to mention the fact that they are presenting a T2 life coral ring with only 69 life like mirror worth to try foul nubs into spend an eventual mirror they get.
I have played various variants along time and slowly updated till currently apex. Have tried MS, vaal MS, manual cast, CWDT, etc and I know when shit happens.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jul 15, 2017, 3:21:25 PM
if you use elemental overload with what skill do you activate it
"
if you use elemental overload with what skill do you activate it

You need to crit to activate EO.
You can crit with cyclone, or SD if you use it. 16% chance to crit because of gem Increase Crit Chance
You can crit with reckoning or vengeance. 6% chance to crit.
You can crit with the enhancement from the glove. 6% chance to crit.
Hello Piftiuta,
For starters I'd like to inform that I'm not a pro. Started PoE in breach (as SRS) and played on Legacy (as ST, where I have managed to kill one of guardians). I'd like to give some feedback here though.
Overall I love tankiness of this build. Moreover building more tankiness (HP) builds damage, sweet!

I have tested it during 2-week Turmoil and it is totally viable as league started build as well as HC build (not a single death through all difficulties? It's my first time). It is easy to level and easy to transist to RF stright on level 65 (the shield is so cheap!) not the fastest build, but it is steady. It is so tanky it can do labyrinth early (never happaned on other characters for me!). Normal lab on level 40? Facetanking Izaro with Firestorm. Cruel facetanking izaro on level 60 with SR+Firestorm! Merciless facetanking Izaro on level 70 with RF. End-game lab on level 80 (no facetanking this time though, had to move quite a lot and pop some pots, still it was easy, also my gear costs about 60c (on stardard it would probably be 30-40c). Awesome!

You have mentioned rare jewels:
"
Piftiuta wrote:

Rares: with 7% increased life, 16% increased fire damage and 2 of these 3 mods: Increased Damage over time, Increased Area Damage, Increased Damage. You can get 36-40% increased damage with a rare jewel.

There's one more damage suffix: 10~12% Spell Damage, RF is a spell

About Reckoning Debate. Tried some curse on hit setups and I find that BV is more realiable, but it uses up 1 more gem slot.

In this build I really miss mobility skill. Cyclone is great in big enemy packs. I love it on breaches (spin for win and spam dps flask, it is really awesome) and strongboxes (pop totem, open strongbox, see enemies vaporize instantly :D), but when moving from pack to pack, it's slow and sluggish. I would really add shield charge+faster attacks, but can't find a spot to fit.

Final evaluation

PROS:
Very high survivability
Steady play pace
Good dps
Softcore player can reach 200-300k dps
Feels like immortal

CONS:
Low mobility
Final setup (500k+ dps) can be very costy
No burst damage (enemies do not die instantly, they melt)
Feels like immortal (until you die, you let your guard and then see mass Rouges attack, like Root+Thunderstorm :D)
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Last edited by neltisen on Jul 20, 2017, 6:37:13 AM
"There's one more damage suffix: 10~12% Spell Damage, RF is a spell"

Unfortunately the spell tag of RF is because it gives bonus to spells. But RF it self is not enhanced by spell damage modifiers.
How it works on beta better or worse?
Is better in 3.0 than it is atm. About 200K extra DPS.
"
Piftiuta wrote:
Is better in 3.0 than it is atm. About 200K extra DPS.

Where's extra DPS coming from though? Eficacy gem?

PS: also worth of note, Cyclone gets rubber banding system, no more stopping on obstacles :D
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Last edited by neltisen on Jul 21, 2017, 4:38:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info