[3.7] - "Rainchief" - Bringer of Rain A. Warchief (Cheap, Simple, League Starter)

oh by the way, for those who do not like looking at a naked marauder (i.e. no body armour) while playing, you can still get away with putting on a body armour that you like.

Just follow these steps:
1) Take BoR off
2) Find any body armour that you like. Pick anything that will meet the pre-requirements.
3) Equip BoR once again - you should your body armour slot turn red but the armour is still in it.

Unlike other armour pieces, body armours doesn't seem to disappear if certain conditions are not met.
This also enables you to have 'storage slots' for your unused gems in your body armour slot. Note though, that since the body armour is technically disabled, those gems in the body armour will not level up.

I am writing this hoping that I am not re-posting an older one xD
Hello, how much tooltip dps in 3.0 should i be expecting? I copied down bawtzki's build and im showing around 70k unbuffed
Hi there , been leveling up this character as an "Uberfarmer" guy.

I was tweaking around the skill tree , we don't take iron reflexes.
Its better to have dodge + block than straight up 45% phys reduction but no dodge i assume?

Also , why dont we use maim instead of Ruthless? Maim pumped my damage up to around 11 k of damage on tooltip.

Thanks in advice,this build been crushing atm.
"
kazzo92 wrote:

Its better to have dodge + block than straight up 45% phys reduction but no dodge i assume?

Also , why dont we use maim instead of Ruthless? Maim pumped my damage up to around 11 k of damage on tooltip.

Probably because the 107% increased attack on the 3rd hit probably is not captured by the tool tip?
Not completely sure but that might just be it.
"
tekkenshu7 wrote:
oh by the way, for those who do not like looking at a naked marauder

Thank you much! I like how it now looks in fresh white tabula :)
"
Sectiplave wrote:
Thanks for the build Corosou!

I'm currently leveling following this guide, for 3.0 I'd recommend taking Ancestral bond at Lv.33 once you can equip Deidbell helm along with Meginords. In a tabula I was running melee, melee full life, added fire, ruthless and faster attacks. It completely stomps all bosses in act 5 and act 6, most of the fights hardly last 10 seconds. Once you get a great old ones ward in there as well the only thing slowing you down is totem activation time as you'll 1-2 shot magic packs and rares.

Progressing extremely fast, I'd say it's going to be a very easy sub 9hrs played to reach Prologue. (pretty good as I find the new 10 act progression is slightly longer than 3 difficulty runs)

I know it might be sad to not see millions of DPS in PoB anymore, but with the increase in boss life in 3.0 this build will still be one of the easy choices for safe and fast boss killer on a budget.

Thanks for the great feedback! I'm sure others can use this advise, so thanks for sharing.
"
tekkenshu7 wrote:
hey, this is one great build to start everything off :)
Kudos to you for updating it to 3.0 and making it still viable.
I switched to this build from guggelhupf's build and tweaking this one to my liking.
The only lacking equip for me is the Death's Door which I subtituted with a good enough rare lvl 65 boots until I get enough currency to get the death's door.

I saw you took Kraityn but I personally took Oak instead for extra survivability which I like in my builds.

Now, unless I missed something in the thread, I would like to ask what major and minor in pantheon do you suggest for this build? I currently follow Brine King + Gruthkul (as per guggelhupf's recommendation). What do you think will suit this one?

Thanks again for all this :)

Appreciate the support, and I support your effort making changes to the build as you see fit.

This build itself came about me messing with guggel's, so go create your own! ))

As far as pantheon, I trust guggel, he knows what he's talking about, and I'm at the moment I am not playing this build.
"
tekkenshu7 wrote:
oh by the way, for those who do not like looking at a naked marauder (i.e. no body armour) while playing, you can still get away with putting on a body armour that you like.

Just follow these steps:
1) Take BoR off
2) Find any body armour that you like. Pick anything that will meet the pre-requirements.
3) Equip BoR once again - you should your body armour slot turn red but the armour is still in it.

Unlike other armour pieces, body armours doesn't seem to disappear if certain conditions are not met.
This also enables you to have 'storage slots' for your unused gems in your body armour slot. Note though, that since the body armour is technically disabled, those gems in the body armour will not level up.

I am writing this hoping that I am not re-posting an older one xD

No, I don't think anyone had mentioned this before. Thanks for sharing )
"
kraytkiller1 wrote:
Hello, how much tooltip dps in 3.0 should i be expecting? I copied down bawtzki's build and im showing around 70k unbuffed

The best thing you can do is use Path of Building and import a character of someone who is playing and has killed shaper, like Bawtzki, and then open antother Path of Building and import your character and compare.
"
kazzo92 wrote:

You can definitely drop something like Ironwood and grab Iron Reflexes instead, for example.

My guide and any guide, for that matter, is/are not written in stone. I fully encourage you to make my build better, and share your findings here, please. Specially for 3.0, since I am relying on what you guys are doing to update this build, as I am playing and updating my other one Scourgeflurry.

Thanks for the feedback and good luck! Uber farming is a joke with this guy!

EDIT: As a matter of fact, your suggestion to grab Iron Reflexes is totally on point, and Ironwood is nice, but not required, so I've made the switch and updated the main post PoB link. Thanks

https://pastebin.com/jPZJWNu5
Last edited by corosou on Aug 15, 2017, 10:30:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info