[3.7] - "Rainchief" - Bringer of Rain A. Warchief (Cheap, Simple, League Starter)

Yes I did read the wiki. What it is referring to is that you can nullify the miss chance of blind affecting your character if either you have RT or your target has unwavering stance. You having RT does nothing for an enemies hit chance, only yours. BoR blinds enemies not your character.

In short, RT nullifies blind on YOU, but blind on mobs is still good.
IGN: SteamedHams
Last edited by Bongojam on Jul 29, 2017, 3:32:37 PM
"
Bongojam wrote:
Yes I did read the wiki. What it is referring to is that you can nullify the miss chance of blind affecting your character if either you have RT or your target has unwavering stance. You having RT does nothing for an enemies hit chance, only yours. BoR blinds enemies not your character.

In short, RT nullifies blind on YOU, but blind on mobs is still good.

I see what you're saying, and yeah, you may be right after all. I debated this for a long time when I first read bout the mechanic. The damned wording needs to be clearer...

When I read the text below, I interpreted it in the context of the skill being supported. Meaning attacks I make while supported by blind only apply the sight reduction.

Blind Support

"
attacks made by characters with Resolute Technique cannot be evaded, so blind has no effect beyond the sight radius reduction.

What it should really say is something along the lines of:

"attacks made by characters with Resolute Technique cannot be evaded, thus a blinded character with RT will only be affected by the sight radius reduction effect."

Thanks for pointing it out. I'll correct the OP.

Last edited by corosou on Jul 30, 2017, 10:13:47 AM
Last edited by corosou on Jul 30, 2017, 10:10:39 AM
Np dude. I agree that the wording in the wiki is very confusing. Great guide btw.
IGN: SteamedHams
I'd like to see your take on it with the 3.0 changes.
Last edited by corosou on Aug 11, 2017, 1:57:20 PM
Weird, I just plugged in ruthless + added fire, took 2 steel hypnotic rings and I get 600K on a shaper in POB. What am I doing wrong :D
https://pastebin.com/XdwL98iL
Last edited by illidone on Aug 4, 2017, 11:07:40 AM
I played this build in legacy with a normal voidheart/facebreakers.

I am doing all guardians with no problems. Just replaced voidheart with another steel ring. And switched some gems. Passive tree is also modified. Removed the damage over time stuff.

I tried essence worm + hatred instead of steel ring and it adds like 7-8k more damage but since it's cold damage that is mostly resisted i went with another steel ring.

I would say this build is still very very good. Just no poison and bleeding atleast for me here and now.

I also killed all guardians with
and a normal meginord belt. Just to see how budget you can go. It worked very well. If you look at those items you will see this is probably one of the cheapest guardian farming builds.

For maps just replace conc effect with increased aoe to speed up things.

Aw+melee dmg on full life+added fire+conc effect in bor. Those gems deal the most dps in pob. Disregarding any new gems in 3.0 as i was unable to test stuff in beta.

I used this tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQHcBIcEswUtC2EMXw48FCAUTRRxGJEaOBo-HKchYCGQJbwnLyoTLKcvzDJONZI6UjrhPAU8LT38QKBEnka3R35KxE3jUEdTpVO7WGNY5VnzWitfP1_QYuxlTWZUZp5nm2hlaPJqO287cg9yqXTtdqx343gNeTl5aHrvfNl9-37iggeDX4TZhO-Mz4-ZkFWUb6IAo_KmV6dtqW6sqq4-r2y18raKvJ-9Nr6nwBrAZsC_wQTBgsNoxFjE9sauxtjPftNv2L3ZfNrB20_fv-DD4NjkUeoQ6hjvDu988B_yL_JF8932SPau9zL4X_jr_Ev-Cv6P?accountName=kompaniet&characterName=Warchiefz_Ll_Swe

Dps is slightly less than before but instead of 5.5k life i now have 7.2k so overall the build is better.

I can share a pob link if anyone is curious. Btw is the dps for ancestral warchief in pob per totem or including all 3?

Edit: I also tried shaper a few times but i am too inexperienced there and die to his attacks. Dps is fine though he was going down pretty fast and a good player should not have any problems.

I don't know what else you can expect from a build if it can do all content in the game. That's about as good as it gets for me. I never tried über atzri though but i assume it can do that if it can do shaper no?
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 4, 2017, 11:35:07 AM
Thx for the poison-less feedback, that's exactly what I expect. Please share the pob link. Going with this in 3.0
https://pastebin.com/0qH6EVRa

I think i set the configuration right. The link is for atlas of worlds 2.6 in pob because i am not using any 3.0 stuff and i am not sure if the 2.6 tree works for 3.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info