Make lab non-mandatory!

Maybe just change the order.

Instead of "three stages of Itzaro = ascendancy points and loot and enchant", make it "first phase = points, second phase = enchant, third phase = loot".

People would only have to endure a "semi HC" stage of 2-3 zones to get their skillpoints, and can then get out of there.

People enjoying the lab would still have some intent to grind the whole thing, especially with all the cute little hidden treasure zones etc, extra keys etc.

(I do my labs alone, I navigate through the traps, don't die, know what Itzaro can do to me, and I rarely DC in there. And I like the overall design of it. But still, every league I use 1 key for uber lab and sell the other 5, and never look back to it.
So I'm somewhere in the middle, not butthurt, but also never really enjoyed it.)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Rullegardin wrote:
GGG... Please take the ascendancy points out from labyrinth, so that people who wants to play the ACTUAL game can do so without being FORCED to walk through shitty boring traps (yes forced, because you OBVIOUSLY gimp yourself by not getting ascendancy points)

I can't believe this has not been FIXED yet. I hate lab so fucking much. All my friends hate lab so fucking much. I have never met a person who enjoyed running lab. If you take the ascendancy points out from lab, then the people who enjoy running lab (do they exist????) can still run the lab and get enchants + loots.

I honestly can't even believe that I have to write this forum post. It just seems so retarded to have something so boring (AND DANGOROUS!!!) as a mandatory way of getting skill points.

Make PoE great again!

As most of my friends have already done, I'll quit playing this game until im sure to never ever have to enter that lab again. What a fucking shame lol

Working as intended. Lab is not mandatory, if you actually make a half decent build Lab is mostly a joke
Lab is easy to me.

I still hate lab. I just feel it's unnecessary but it's also just a "content" thing to help make the game more interesting. Trust me I hate ascendancy classes person but it's still content I suppose. But yeah I still hate lab even though I can do it perfectly fine. Just my two cents.
Agree. Labyrinth makes PoE lame.
I also hate Lab.

If Lab was just a challenging contents, I would not hate it so much. However, Lab is mandatory contents for leveling, so it is the same as bandits quest.

The Lab's biggest problem is that it is very unfair. Actually, Lab is not that difficult for the tough build against physical damage, but it is too ruthless for pure evasive/ES builds. Those builds have to change it to AR gear only when they challenge UberLab. It is really nonsense!!

GGG, You added NecroNet in Bestiary League. I am so dissatisfied with its decision, but I agree that you thought about keeping the diversity of builds. Nonetheless, why are you making Lab so difficult to specific builds? You must solve its unfair as soon as possible.
"
Xinglifehard wrote:
Lab is easy to me.

I still hate lab. I just feel it's unnecessary but it's also just a "content" thing to help make the game more interesting. Trust me I hate ascendancy classes person but it's still content I suppose. But yeah I still hate lab even though I can do it perfectly fine. Just my two cents.

"
enoecarg wrote:
I also hate Lab.

If Lab was just a challenging contents, I would not hate it so much. However, Lab is mandatory contents for leveling, so it is the same as bandits quest.

The Lab's biggest problem is that it is very unfair. Actually, Lab is not that difficult for the tough build against physical damage, but it is too ruthless for pure evasive/ES builds. Those builds have to change it to AR gear only when they challenge UberLab. It is really nonsense!!

GGG, You added NecroNet in Bestiary League. I am so dissatisfied with its decision, but I agree that you thought about keeping the diversity of builds. Nonetheless, why are you making Lab so difficult to specific builds? You must solve its unfair as soon as possible.

Thank you for voicing your opinions on the hated labyrinth. I've added your names to the list of people that have voiced similar opinions now at 989 names long. Over 370 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 980 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
mark1030 wrote:
While you're at it, make Dweller of the Deep, The Marooned Mariner, The Way Forward, Victario's Secrets, and An Indominable Spirit Non-Mandatory too. None of those side quests are necessary but we feel forced to do them because missing 15 skill points is obviously gimping your build. It's boring and unfun.

Start your own threads on these issues if you feel so strongly about them; or, perhaps, add to one of the existing 740 page threads that complain about the Dweller of the Deep.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
Sure, make players have the option to buy labyrinth upgrades with like, i don't know, 50c per difficulty (50c for normal, 100 for cruel, 150 for merciless and 200c for uber). Or maybe 100c, 200c, 300c, 400c.
This game needs more currency sinks, specially for scrubs i guess.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
"
Docbp87 wrote:
I think low map tiers are boring. They shouldn't be mandatory. I want to jump straight to tier 15+ because I can handle them.

The lab is part of the game. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere, nor does there seem to be any indication that it will be separated from Ascending. It has been part of the game for over a year now. The QQ'ing has been going on since then also. It seems that GGG likes the way things are.

But you can. You can buy T 15 maps and start doing them right away.

My opinion - I can do lab fine, and I think it shouldn't be mandatory. My solution - uber lab should give ascendancy orbs that give ascend points (up to the current maximum, of course). Orbs can also be used to refund ascendancy points. Everybody benefits - people who like Lab can make extra cash, people who don't can get their points. Done.

I mean, you can do it with almost anything in this game. Want dying sun but don't want to fight shaper x amount of times before he dropes it? You can buy it. Want a disfavour? Buy it. Then what's the deal with ascendancy?
Last edited by MECHanokl on Mar 25, 2018, 5:49:02 AM
Lab isn't a problem to run but having constantly ticks that you have to cross just to start playing the game is obnoxious after a while.

For ~ 12-15 hours

> Rush to 55 and Act 10
> Level in groups til 65
> Finish Kitava

And then for roughly 2-3 hours where it's becoming numb and more like a chore that provides no drops or nothing interesting whatsoever.

> Do /passives quests
> Camp 820 for all trials
> Do the lab 3x or have it ran for you

And then you get to play the game
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info