Make lab non-mandatory!

"
mark1030 wrote:
While you're at it, make Dweller of the Deep, The Marooned Mariner, The Way Forward, Victario's Secrets, and An Indominable Spirit Non-Mandatory too. None of those side quests are necessary but we feel forced to do them because missing 15 skill points is obviously gimping your build. It's boring and unfun.

Just stating the obvious (and feeding the troll): all the quests you mention use the same mechanics as the rest of the game and fit in quite well.
The lab is its own thing, probably very fun for someone who likes action-adventure games, but annoying as hell if, like me, you prefer other kind of games (for example, ARPGs).
It is the only part of the game I don't like.

That said, I kinda agree with your point, it is definitely not mandatory. I run it once per character usually, maximum twice, and I am still enjoying myself in Wraeclast a lot...

Question is, for how long?
I am still relatively new, and I might get tired of PoE faster than someone who ascends.
Wait and see.
Last edited by Rastakwer on Apr 23, 2017, 2:20:42 PM
"
Rullegardin wrote:
GGG... Please take the ascendancy points out from labyrinth, so that people who wants to play the ACTUAL game can do so without being FORCED to walk through shitty boring traps (yes forced, because you OBVIOUSLY gimp yourself by not getting ascendancy points)

I can't believe this has not been FIXED yet. I hate lab so fucking much. All my friends hate lab so fucking much. I have never met a person who enjoyed running lab. If you take the ascendancy points out from lab, then the people who enjoy running lab (do they exist????) can still run the lab and get enchants + loots.

I honestly can't even believe that I have to write this forum post. It just seems so retarded to have something so boring (AND DANGOROUS!!!) as a mandatory way of getting skill points.

Make PoE great again!

As most of my friends have already done, I'll quit playing this game until im sure to never ever have to enter that lab again. What a fucking shame lol

Rullegardin, thank you for voicing your opinion on the boring labyrinth game play. I've added your name to the list at number 762. As the list grows longer our voices grow stronger. Over 310 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 760 posters in support

Here's Rullegardin's summary profile.

Guild:
Mary Janes Protectors

Last Visited:
Apr 23, 2017

Total Forum Posts:
334 (0.22 posts per day)

Rullegardin is a hardcore PoE gamer and loves playing PoE, just like everyone else on the list. We've voiced our opinion because the game we love needs to be fixed.

edit:
mark1030 wrote:
While you're at it, make Dweller of the Deep, The Marooned Mariner, The Way Forward, Victario's Secrets, and An Indominable Spirit Non-Mandatory too. None of those side quests are necessary but we feel forced to do them because missing 15 skill points is obviously gimping your build. It's boring and unfun.

Just stating the obvious (and feeding the troll): all the quests you mention use the same mechanics as the rest of the game and fit in quite well.
The lab is its own thing, probably very fun for someone who likes action-adventure games, but annoying as hell if, like me, you prefer other kind of games (for example, ARPGs).
It is the only part of the game I don't like.

That said, I kinda agree with your point, it is definitely not mandatory. I run it once per character usually, maximum twice, and I am still enjoying myself in Wraeclast a lot...

Question is, for how long?
I am still relatively new, and I might get tired of PoE faster than someone who ascends.
Wait and see.

Rastakwer, thank you too for voicing your opinion. #763

Your concern of tiring more quickly is valid. Before labyrinth, PoE was the only game I played. After labyrinth then I started playing other ARPGs in addition. When I played PoE I played without the ascendancy points. After a couple of leagues, I could no longer play that way. GGG has been making adjustments for the ascendancy points and so I held my nose and ran through the boring labyrinth for the points. I no longer play the game. Hopefully, GGG will fix this and restore the game to the greatness that it deserves.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Apr 23, 2017, 3:07:27 PM
Power comes at a price. That price is 1 chaos.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Just to be clear Ascendancy's are NOT MANDATORY. and proof of this is the YEARS before they ever come into existence we all did everything in the game same as we do now without them. Including Uber Atziri and even Shaper can be done without them. Ascendancy's only made it easier for way more builds and players without investing exorbitant amounts of currency into your build to do everything in the game. Before they were added we simply had to have good gear and be on top of our game. Now you can do everything in a tabula and in completely shit gear as long as you have your ascendancy points and play halfass decent... and with the right build you dont even need to do that much. Ascendancy's are why everything is all about clearspeed and shit.

No one makes good solid builds anymore because you dont have to.. Just stack more multipliers and get as much EHP as possible and curb stomp the game. From there the worth of your build is measured is how fast it can curb stomp the game. Hell builds that can do everything in the game including shaper and uber atziri are still called shit builds if they cant clear a shaped strand in under a minute. Hell atleast Lab forces you to think about that aspect of the game to incorporate into your build so the lab isn't an issue. And of course people dont even do that they come bitch on the forums they want the points for free instead. Because they cant be bothered to work things into their build they might make the lab more manageable that might slow down their clear speed too much....

Only thing i could see being changed is if you die in lab no chests or chants but you get to continue and finish the lab however long it takes you so you can get your points. Since people do have issues with connection and such and the 3rd fight can get hectic to even the most seasoned players and to make it all that way and die and have to start all the way over can be a bit overwhelming and i get that. But giving away the rewards that already have contributed to so much power creep already for nothing isn't the answer either.
There's no way in hell they should ever just give away such power you gain from ascendancy's for nothing. EVER!

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Labyrinth is poorly made crapola. Only a vocal unemployed minority likes it.

THere's already a topic for this, isn't there? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216

While I think the lab is fine and is very useful for great currency, I'm not going to sit here and just debate it out ...
Git gud
"
Demonoz wrote:
Just to be clear Ascendancy's are NOT MANDATORY.

I agree. For all players who don't mind gimping their characters relative to everyone else's, Ascendancy points are indeed not mandatory.

And there's the rub. How many of those players actually exist?

"XYZ is optional" only makes sense with context. Optional for what? I mean, going to work is optional, right? Paying your rent is optional, too. You might end up homeless if you don't, but that doesn't make it not optional.

Playing a melee build is optional, too. As is playing a life build. As is the entire game. You can always turn it off and go outside.

"
mark1030 wrote:

Are you familiar with the continuum fallacy?

You are implying that non-optional content has no place in this game. That is a very difficult position to defend, either practically (since such content already exists) or theoretically (since Labyrinth gameplay is orthagonal to gameplay found in the rest of the game).
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Apr 23, 2017, 8:40:31 PM
"
Labyrinth is poorly made crapola. Only a vocal unemployed minority likes it.

Nobody likes labyrinth. Some only pretend to like it because:
A) They're trolling.
B) They participate in RMT and think that supporting GGG may prevent their account from being banned if caught.
C) They worked for GGG and developed the labyrinth and are using an alt account to try and convince GGG management that they shouldn't be fired.

[/sarcasm]
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

"
mark1030 wrote:

Are you familiar with the continuum fallacy?

You are implying that non-optional content has no place in this game. That is a very difficult position to defend, either practically (since such content already exists) or theoretically (since Labyrinth gameplay is orthagonal to gameplay found in the rest of the game).
If you want to argue that labyrinth gameplay is orthagonal, then you should concede that even if it was, it no longer is. Because there are traps (trials) throughout the game now, not just in the labyrinth. There are several maps that have them. So I would argue the lab gameplay is not foreign to the rest of the game since it exists in 9 of the 12 acts (75%) plus at least 2 endgame maps I can think of.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info