Make lab non-mandatory!

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
The lab is not mandatory, the whole game could be done without ever setting foot in it, as you could before it was even introduced.

Sure it makes builds better (it's intended purpose) and enables other builds, but that dose not make it "mandatory"

Arguing semantics is a flat out waste of time and the most bland form of discussion. You know what OP meant and so does everyone else. Lab is mandatory if you want to play the game how it's supposed to be played, with ascendancies.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Alternative Ascendancy points:

A10 Kitava = 2pts
Uber Atziri = 2pts
Shaper = 2pts
Uber Elder = 2pts

Lab suddenly doesn't look that bad :)

But seriously, I'm not opposed to alternative ascendancy, but:

1.) It would have to make sense from lore pov
2.) Would need to be more grindy or "expensive" than doing the Lab
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Alternative Ascendancy points:

A10 Kitava = 2pts
Uber Atziri = 2pts
Shaper = 2pts
Uber Elder = 2pts

Lab suddenly doesn't look that bad :)

But seriously, I'm not opposed to alternative ascendancy, but:

1.) It would have to make sense from lore pov
2.) Would need to be more grindy or "expensive" than doing the Lab

What is this dumb logic? Guys, it could be so much worse! You should be grateful!

157 Atlas = 2 pts
Mirror drop = 2 pts
100 Uber Elder kills = 2pts
5000 maps = 2 pts

Wow suddenly yours doesn't look so good!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
If you dont want to do lab you need to mitgate the place because it seems like its not going anywhere.

I dont even notice it anymore.

FIrst thing i do is wait to like lvl 60 to even do normal

By then im fast have a shit load of regen/leech so whatever the fuck ever.

Then I go to poelab and look at fastest routes.

By 85-90 ill do the rest.

Take me like 15 minutes to do all labs, all 4

Basically lab is as hard as you make it (isnt everything?)

Us older players lived fine without asending at all so doesnt bother me to wait until I can trivialize the place

Shit I actually beat shaper last league before I ascended think I was 92
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 24, 2018, 7:32:34 AM
"
asdfen wrote:
please remove labyrinth / make labyrinth non mandatory

Thank you for voicing your opinion on the not fun labyrinth. I've added your name to the list of of people that have voiced a similar opinion, now at 987 names long. Over 370 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 980 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
What is this dumb logic?

It's called a lighthearted answer. A joke.

Lab is awesome and should be kept as is. Any alternative shuld be more "expensive" to achieve, or else it would invalidate the Lab.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Yes, just make ascendancy points possible to get in other ways.

And for heaven's sake pls free the enchantments into tradeable scrolls and rebalance them.
"
morbo wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
What is this dumb logic?

It's called a lighthearted answer. A joke.

Lab is awesome and should be kept as is. Any alternative shuld be more "expensive" to achieve, or else it would invalidate the Lab.

No way can I see how I should take it as a joke but alright.

Regarding it being more "expensive", no real reason for it to be that way. Lab is already the top income source in this game, especially this league.
"
mark1030 wrote:
While you're at it, make Dweller of the Deep, The Marooned Mariner, The Way Forward, Victario's Secrets, and An Indominable Spirit Non-Mandatory too. None of those side quests are necessary but we feel forced to do them because missing 15 skill points is obviously gimping your build. It's boring and unfun.
If you don't like these quests, then you probably don't like ARPGs, in which case why are you playing POE?

If you don't like lab, that just makes you a part of the majority of ARPG players who don't necessarily love rogue lite content that's online only and prone to disconnects, and that has a platform focus in a game that doesn't have precision movement. You might also be one of those who wonders how a monotonous platform mini-game becomes the way you define characters and why that process is exactly the same for all of 19 different prestige classes. Or, you may not like lore that makes no sense. Or, maybe you find it boring and frustrating to run around in long mazes when you're gaming.

You can take your pick of one or more than one of a bunch of reasons to dislike or hate lab, including noting how lab is a platform mini-game dropped into the core of what was marketed to players as an ARPG.

In a genre where imitation by other gaming firms is the sincerest form of flattery, no other gaming firm making an ARPG has followed GGG down the "Labyrinth" rabbit hole. There's a reason for that.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Mar 24, 2018, 11:22:18 AM
Lab is Ok for me, personally. But...

I think a minor rework as to how it is handled could satisfy (almost,) everyone, without removing it or the necessity to complete it in order to ascend.

You should pick up a quest to kill Izaro, (and ascend/use the altar of ascension,),each time you complete the set of trials for each version of lab. The first time you kill Izaro there is only the altar of ascension and the portal to town. No treasure chests, and no enchant shrine. You also don't get kicked to town unable to re-enter until you complete it the first time. It'll be just like any other area in the story line. Maybe Town Portals are disabled, like in Twilight Strand.

After you place your ascension points, you complete the quest. The next time you enter, Lab reverts to what it is right now.

This way people with builds not suited to Lab can still complete it, and get their ascendancy without getting insta-gibbed and having to redo the whole thing. The can't abuse it to treasure hunt without the penalties, but the current risk/reward lab would still exist for those who enjoy farming it.
Last edited by Mollycat on Mar 24, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info