PSA: You *CAN* level with Righteous Fire

The funny thing is, you call it dumb without having any arguments. And Leveling with RF is faster than with firestorm or Facebreaker as you can see in my video.
Last edited by RakshasaR on Apr 16, 2017, 2:43:53 PM
I tested this out was thinking about making a life based RF.

It's even easier if you get a leo shield.

Main issue you'll have is what happens when you get shocked or cursed if your not over capped.
I've leveled as RF in the past, even before Talismans and the Springleaf buff. It took me a while to really "sustain it" because I was too lazy to cap fire resist at level 20 (remember, there was a lot less loot back in 1.0.0 and before).

I don't understand all the hate in this thread lol. Has the clear speed meta truly inundated every poster in F&S today? Hurrdurr if it's not max speed it's trashhurrrrr

EDIT: oops I'm tripping I thought this was F&S lol but naw General Discussion is always this scornful, you should never expect to impress here, you could be all "facetank Malachai afk" and they would be all yawn, come back when it's twinned Core Malachai with 5 damage mods
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Apr 16, 2017, 3:10:37 PM
"
RakshasaR wrote:
The funny thing is, you call it dumb without having any arguments. And Leveling with RF is faster than with firestorm or Facebreaker as you can see in my video.

^true

saw the video, might try a real RF build (done totem only)
People are questioning Righteous Fire's Damage output at low levels, what is wrong with you all... If you've never leveled with Righteous Fire, maybe shut the fuck up? You clearly don't know what you're talking about, because RF completely ruins story progression. This has always been the case, I've leveled with pure RF on and off basically since Dousing Flasks exist :/

Life Flasks easily cover sustain gaps that might occur, if you're paranoid grab a Ruby on top. Carry a Dousing, probably a Stibnite - should never need it, but it's convenient for backtracking and Lab shenanigans.
Stack Life, deal insane Damage because you're easily hitting 30-40% of Life totals that you'll have at that ~magical~ level 65.

I want to highlight one comment too, because this one is particularly shortsighted:
"
Why are you all about life regen nodes when a % of nearly nothing is nearly nothing. Life regen does sweet FG all at level 20. It does sweet F all at level 50. No, this doesn't work.

FUN FACT: approximately 98% of all the damage you're taking is also a percent of your Life.

Even for a non-RF build, %Regen is quite strong for leveling because Life starts out really high with just a little investment (again, easily a third of a normal end-game build). If anything, %Life Regen starts out really strong and only tapers off once Life scaling starts to diminish.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 16, 2017, 3:20:06 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
People are questioning Righteous Fire's Damage output at low levels, what is wrong with you all... If you've never leveled with Righteous Fire, maybe shut the fuck up? You clearly don't know what you're talking about, because RF completely ruins story progression. This has always been the case, I've leveled with pure RF on and off basically since Dousing Flasks exist :/

How many people are actually questioning RF's damage output though?

The qualms in my post where not the damage it does (Because, I know first hand how much damage it does. I have leveled as RF. RF Scion no less)

But the investment to make it work seems a bit much when you can just as easily level to 60-65 and start building your endgame setup with RotP and a few rares.

I mean, sure, if you've got the cash to burn. Or you have a Springleaf/Oak and some Kiks collecting dust in your stash anyway... Why not go RF while leveling.

Heck, why not go whole hog and get yourself a Solaris Lorica and go low life with some good lower level ES gear. Then you get the full 6% SL/Oak regen and can use Araku Tiki/Ngahamu Tiki and Redbeak for more damage and sustain.
Leveling a character with RF right now (LHC). It does work! I spent maybe 3c and just grabbed some random other uniques from my stash. And no, it isn't as gg ez as things like sunder or firestorm, but leveling all my characters with the same skills is the sort of thing that makes me want to stop playing. Variety is always nice and leveling with the build's main ability is a plus. Thanks for posting OP.
I don't think this is dumb.

First, many guides in fact claim that it is not possible (as opposed to not efficient) to level with RF. Which the OP appears to have been disproven. That's an interesting fact, and a smart combination of uniques to achieve just that. It is not trivial for sure and the OP has provided detail as to how he did it.

Second, I personally find it pleasing to level with your final skill as soon as possible because it feels more like achieving and living the build piece by piece. (While it is most efficient I just don't find Facebreakers and Abyssus very fitting for most characters. Then they farm Dried Lake for exp and currency and then *boom magic happens* end-game gear and gems appear.)

Props to the OP for trying and reporting.
Man there are a lot of lame responses in this thread. Buncha boring ass jabronis - no sense of adventure.
Cool. I'd still throw some totem in there so you dont have to stop on some of those rare bosses. Main issue I have is gear and resists hunt. I usually have negative resits when leveling. I mean goal is get to end game not hunt for item so low level
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info