PSA: You *CAN* level with Righteous Fire

"
kolyaboo wrote:
Just because a thing can be done, doesn't mean it should. I tried going rf earlier than 65 some time ago (don't remember the details but I think it involved crafted items) and it was SLOW.

I guess things have changed a lot then or you did it wrong. I switched to RF around lv 40 and it was extremely fast from there on. Of course, I had a lot of regen uniques stashed away. I was literally shield charging across maps with the mobs exploding as I went by. It just doesn't get any faster than that. I finished the acts without dying, so I'd wager it's a lot safer than most builds leveling up from there.

Of course, for a player without a lot of supporting uniques lined up, it would require a lot of time spent trying to trade alcs for gear, which would be inefficient.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Just because a thing can be done, doesn't mean it should. I tried going rf earlier than 65 some time ago (don't remember the details but I think it involved crafted items) and it was SLOW.

I don't know how you can even make low-level RF play slowly? RF's early DPS is insane regardless of what you do (either spec Life for damage/survivability, or Damage for damage but moreso), monsters immediately die when they enter RF's radius, so all you have to do is walk. I've leveled with RF since before Masters existed and it's always kept a good pace.
This is what I needed, thank you for the post.

here you go, I tested it at lvl 16 all the way to now, once I got stone golem, keeping rf and life regen is a breeze. I just run around and melt things. Also solo'd lab norm at 33. Just ran around boss till he died, I got the new tremor gem just to check it out, but probably going to use scorching ray. Haven't died yet. (at lvl 16+ just used flasks to keep degen from rf from killing me and used quicksilver to run faster, that's about it)

life: 1361/1370
life regen per sec: 294.1
fire resist: 77% (137%)
Last edited by PainfullGamer on Mar 9, 2018, 2:42:10 AM
Thank you PainfulGamer. I just ripped earlier tonight on my HC toon at 78. Farming currency to get all the uniques to make this work. I was kinda skeptical but I now have hope that I can get it working without the degen now while leveling.

Will try it at 38 once I get the stone solemn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info