PSA: You *CAN* level with Righteous Fire

go watch shinrha guide on youtube "how to level as RF at lvl 34" i did that and it was super fun and easy
Honestly it sounds like horrible idea. Assuming you play hc its terrifying to use rf at low level. In sc i guess you could use it but even then its doubtfull. I usually use 3-4 movement flasks while leveling in normal due to the low monster density and mostly rushing non stop.
Now im not saying you cant, but its not the best way. There are multiple better ways to do it than use rf. Its just subpar thing to use. Unless you like wacky builds and you know what you are doing.
"
Aetherium wrote:
Honestly it sounds like horrible idea. Assuming you play hc its terrifying to use rf at low level. In sc i guess you could use it but even then its doubtfull. I usually use 3-4 movement flasks while leveling in normal due to the low monster density and mostly rushing non stop.
Now im not saying you cant, but its not the best way. There are multiple better ways to do it than use rf. Its just subpar thing to use. Unless you like wacky builds and you know what you are doing.

I did that in LHC and there wasnt anything dangerous about it you just need git gud thats all
"
Aetherium wrote:
There are multiple better ways to do it than use rf. Its just subpar thing to use.

Worth noting: you're calling something subpar when you don't even know it. Righteous Fire is ridiculous early-game, its Damage output is gross and that alone makes it very safe during leveling. Current-day Regen options make it easy to keep that massive buffer full, too.

While there are alternatives, if you want to play RF, why not actually play RF? There's plenty of people who don't want to level with a completely different build and then switch over, and the stigma against leveling with RF is insanely hardboiled and frankly wrong.
"
Quo210 wrote:
No...

Just not. Too risky.

Likely to be a character who would be RIPing very often. But whatever floats your boat, really.

wrong it works. You only have a big risk of dying before level 30. Once you get enough health regen nodes, stone golem and springleaf 2 kiz rings, you will take very low damage from rf. You still lose hp but once you hit low life pop a instant hp regen potion or 100% increased recovey on low life and you are back to full. Hell my rf guy doesn't die even if I don't pop the potions as once rf runs out you get back to full hp within seconds. Mobs hit slow.

I would not recommend this setup for bosses like malachai or running labs.

I'm level 46.
I did RF at 34 lvl with guardian and it was super easy and the damage output was sick i kept carrying people while i just leveled and it was fun
"
why is this a post? You can lvl with everything with the right gear, its about whether or not that is the fastest route that matters.

Uh no that is not what matters to everyone. There are a great many people who have no interest in leveling with the same skill on every char just because "it's the fastest".

That is the boring as shit method of leveling.
You can level with pure es, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea, I remember when I enjoyed wander builds a lot but hated how bad they were in the mid game and early game, though I insisted on leveling with power siphon, with a lot of close calls as well as having to deal with bosses dying as slow as a progress bar for a large downloading file, I very narrowly made it to merciless and the end game, and this was before having "good" leveling uniques and kinetic blast.

I have never played an RF build in the many years that I've been playing POE to be frank, though I suspect it'll be on par with leveling on pure es or an old school wander. Though assuming you're talking about playing in a trading league or if it's not your first char in a league, I guess anything can be possible.
"
Zevalex wrote:
I have never played an RF build in the many years that I've been playing POE

But let's slam this anyways. Fuck 'em!

I leveled Life RF as my first character of the League. Took a while until I bothered to spend two Chaos' worth, but at level 33 I could safely (and rapidly) level with RF as my main Skill. But, I guess people who have not even played RF know better than I, surely everyone's experiences with RF-leveling have come from a fucking fever dream or something.

Pro-tip: if you know jack and shit about the subject, maybe consider yourself unqualified to comment on the subject at hand.
RF is awesome for leveling, I've done that as well.

Just one question: why Doedre gloves? Inc Spell Damage doesn't affect RF's damage over time.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 12, 2017, 5:37:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info