[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

Hi, thanks for your suggestions

We dont need the dexterity around fight for survival to be allocated. The socket just has have 40 dex possible in its radius so is fine.

Hadn't thought of iron reflexes. I hadn't gone with vaal pact as I usually like regen and it takes some extra points but as you say it does have some serious advantages, will give it a try.
I'll try it with frostbite / assassin's mark. Assassins's gives us constant power charges so easier but frostbite allows us to use orb of storms and grab extra dps when needed :)

Limited knowledge here :) but the prob with static electricity is the amount of shock bonus is based on the amount of lightning damage vs monster life. I would think we would really need to be doing lightning damage in thousands or higher to make difference?
(I tried with your tree changes :) putting the jewel in below fangs of frost so took 3 points and put in my previous sword which had 5-60 lightning damage as well using elemental weakness. On a offhand crit hit we apply shock to monsters with less than about 52000 life but our average hit is 69000 so that stuff is dead anyway)?

I do about 30k less dps wiht the taming than either of my current rings
Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 23, 2017, 3:51:00 AM
updated again with the stats and tree for vaal pact and assassin's mark or frostbite which I now think are working better than warlords.
Hi,

I was looking for a frost blades build and love your build, seems very tanky, so i going to take a little less hp nodes and take VAAL PACT and put ice golem on CWDT cause i hate to summon him myself xD, and i have questions.

1. have you tried with this gem setup for more dmg (while mapping)??:

HoI + CoH + Assassin marks instead of blasphemy + enlighten + warlod mark

2. have you tried with this gem setup for more dmg (on boss)??:

orb of the storm + Pcoc + CoH + frosbite

Thanks for the build, and sorry for my english, is not my native language :D
Hi!

yeah trying to work out best way to keep the golem alive so that I dont have to keep recasting :)

Definitely worth trying, I'm going to level for a day or two then will try it out :)
xD i was writing when you were updating the post, keep the good work :D and just 1 thing, i think the nodes that give us life leech are mandatory if we drop warlord marks.

:D
Looks interesting.

I was wondering, though, wouldn't this do well as a Gladiator? Picking Outmatch and Outlast and Blood in the Eyes, Painforged last.

You could drop Maim Support (lose 14% increased and 30% more physical), and replace it with Damage on Full Life (gain 49% more damage).

You'd lose permanent fortify and onslaught, but you'd gain auto-generation of frenzy charges and endurance charges, and auto-application of bleed and maim, albeit only as a %age. But since you're going with multi-strike, I would think everything that mattered would bleeding and maimed or dead anyway.

I'm assuming you'd take the VP version of your tree to ensure full life as much as possible.

What do you think?

Spoiler
Three endurance charges gets you 12% physical damage reduction naturally, and another 10% from Outmatch and Outlast, for 22% physical damage reduction total. Add in 6% reduced damage taken (not just physical damage, and also includes from degen) from bleeding enemies (which should be everything that matters) from Blood in the Eyes. That looks like it stacks up reasonably against fortify, and mainly inferior for Izaro and Guardians where charge generation will be difficult; for ordinary mapping it should be roughly equivalent or better. And for uber tankiness, you can always get all this *and* fortify with a Fortify Support on Whirling Blades.

Meanwhile on the DPS side, the frenzy-charges give 12% more damage; plus another 10% more physical damage at max frenzy charges thanks to Outmatch and Outlast.And your tree passes right by two more frenzy charges too. That's as compared with 75% increased damage and 30% increased physical damage for the Champion. But the Gladiator also gets 50% change to cause bleed, and 60% increased damage against bleeding enemies. The bleed damage also gets scaled on your tree as an ailment - and I consider bleed a defensive measure too, as you can inflict it and then run away and hide :-)

If I'm counting right the Gladiator gets 100% increased attack speed when dual-wielding swords, plus another 12-20% from frenzy charges, as compared with 74% for the Champion, 94% when he's wearing the Perseverance belt - so the Gladiator is as fast, or faster when mapping, and gets to use a rare belt.

"
Chris_hueso wrote:
xD i was writing when you were updating the post, keep the good work :D and just 1 thing, i think the nodes that give us life leech are mandatory if we drop warlord marks.

Hi,

yes, apparently there is limit on leech of 20% of life per second. with non VP we hit that with the vitality void cluster so warlords wasn't adding but with vp it is reached by that single 0.4 life/mana node above iron reflexes :)
"
Potenz0 wrote:
Looks interesting.

I was wondering, though, wouldn't this do well as a Gladiator? Picking Outmatch and Outlast and Blood in the Eyes, Painforged last.

You could drop Maim Support (lose 14% increased and 30% more physical), and replace it with Damage on Full Life (gain 49% more damage).

You'd lose permanent fortify and onslaught, but you'd gain auto-generation of frenzy charges and endurance charges, and auto-application of bleed and maim, albeit only as a %age. But since you're going with multi-strike, I would think everything that mattered would bleeding and maimed or dead anyway.

I'm assuming you'd take the VP version of your tree to ensure full life as much as possible.

What do you think?

Spoiler
Three endurance charges gets you 12% physical damage reduction naturally, and another 10% from Outmatch and Outlast, for 22% physical damage reduction total. Add in 6% reduced damage taken (not just physical damage, and also includes from degen) from bleeding enemies (which should be everything that matters) from Blood in the Eyes. That looks like it stacks up reasonably against fortify, and mainly inferior for Izaro and Guardians where charge generation will be difficult; for ordinary mapping it should be roughly equivalent or better. And for uber tankiness, you can always get all this *and* fortify with a Fortify Support on Whirling Blades.

Meanwhile on the DPS side, the frenzy-charges give 12% more damage; plus another 10% more physical damage at max frenzy charges thanks to Outmatch and Outlast.And your tree passes right by two more frenzy charges too. That's as compared with 75% increased damage and 30% increased physical damage for the Champion. But the Gladiator also gets 50% change to cause bleed, and 60% increased damage against bleeding enemies. The bleed damage also gets scaled on your tree as an ailment - and I consider bleed a defensive measure too, as you can inflict it and then run away and hide :-)

If I'm counting right the Gladiator gets 100% increased attack speed when dual-wielding swords, plus another 12-20% from frenzy charges, as compared with 74% for the Champion, 94% when he's wearing the Perseverance belt - so the Gladiator is as fast, or faster when mapping, and gets to use a rare belt.

Hi! I started in 2.6 with a gladiator because my first char had been a poor attempt at the 78% block. It went fine until I after took winter spirit and I noticed that no one was bleeding anymore :) Unfortunately cold damage cant cause bleeding so that wiped out that part of the ascendancy. I'd love outmatch and outlast, keep trying to work how to get frenzy charges (I'm tempted to try the new harbinger mask and see if I can anything to work with that).
Anyway choosing all the options for gladiator will actually still give us more damage if we can block a lot but dual wielding we only get to 31% block, I really dont know if that is enough. To my thinking gladiator without bleed really needs to run a shield and that drops us a lot.

"
Potenz0 wrote:
Looks interesting.

What do you think?

Spoiler

Hi! I started in 2.6 with a gladiator because my first char had been a poor attempt at the 78% block. It went fine until I after took winter spirit and I noticed that no one was bleeding anymore :) Unfortunately cold damage cant cause bleeding so that wiped out that part of the ascendancy. I'd love outmatch and outlast, keep trying to work how to get frenzy charges (I'm tempted to try the new harbinger mask and see if I can anything to work with that).
Anyway choosing all the options for gladiator will actually still give us more damage if we can block a lot but dual wielding we only get to 31% block, I really dont know if that is enough. To my thinking gladiator without bleed really needs to run a shield and that drops us a lot.

"
WildWombat wrote:
"
Chris_hueso wrote:

Hi,

yes, apparently there is limit on leech of 20% of life per second. with non VP we hit that with the vitality void cluster so warlords wasn't adding but with vp it is reached by that single 0.4 life/mana node above iron reflexes :)

Hi!! =O good point there, i didn't noticed that, i am going to lvl as NO VP, i give it a try, and in lategame i will test VP vs NO VP, the rest of the build is so nice :D

And i have 2 new question,

1. why do you use CWDT at lvl 20??? seems to high (3.2k dmg).
2. Your build is tanky, so have you tried with Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet (helmet)?? idk how work that interaction between increased phys dmg taken vs phys. dmg reduction.

Bye, and ty for the replys :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info