[3.3] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

JyMUsnD

Frosty Duelist 2.6 - 3.3

updating this week so is a mess sry

Things for 3.4
Quality can go to 30% - Dont know how easy/common etc but this was a massive boost in weapon damage in Bestiary

-----------------

Welcome, this is a flexible build to use frost blades with dual wielded swords.

Sorry the guide is long but it should answer most questions.

I sort of started in Breach and keep tweaking and redeveloping each league - A great many thanks to the people that have helped and contributed along the way!

The aim for this character is a balanced 'jack of all trades' that can do all content has good clearspeed and decent boss killing ability. It wont facetank high level bosses but can take a few hits and then kill them.

Levelling is easy, you get frost blades in act1 and from there are progressing your build.

With this build I have completed the 40 challenges in each of Harbinger, Abyss and Bestiary. Uber lab is a breeze and can do a full party carry at high levels. Atziri is easy but needs care because of reflect. I have done deathless shaper and not deathless uber elder.
As a scion in Abyss, Asardial has all guardians, shaper and red elder done using two Ahn's might and reasonably budget gear (His gear is on page 18). TheJmJ did semi ssf on page 31.

The bad
It is very gear dependent so you will need path of building for working out late game gear.
I consider it a medium-high price build and have run with final budgets of 300-400 chaos to over 40ex (you can run a tight budget and still have a good time and you can keep upgrading as you get more money).
As a league starter it uses yoke of suffering, perserverance, tombfist etc these are not available on day 1 (it was a week before yokes were readily available in incursion). It is fine if it takes you a week to hit lvl 90 etc but not great if you want to reach high levels on day 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ
Spoiler
Why not Slayer?
Slayer really needs a 2 hander so ends up quite different (Gnew95 has a build for slayers but it hasnt been updated https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930028)

Why blasphemy and not herald of ice with COH?
HOI's damage doesn't scale greatly for us (we scale physical damage). Personally I find HOI + COH fantastic with chain & tornado shot but a bit unreliable for cursing with frost blades where the projectiles go everywhere, especially when looking at bosses. Blasphemy doesn't have the range but the closest stuff, rares and bosses are all definitely going to be cursed.

Why not poison or bleed?
We are 100% cold damage so poison and bleed do not work as they need physical damage. We also don't leech 'physical attack damage'.

POB Damage
I use "is shocked" for yoke of suffering in POB's configuration tab.
POB puts it at 50% (the max for shock), when it is really 20-50%. However POB doesn't add the extra damage from ailments (up to 20%) so for us it should be 0 on first hit then an extra 30%-70% so POB's 50% seems a fair compromise (and I can't change it anyway :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog
Spoiler

Decided there should really be a changelog as the forum tool tells me there have been over 200 versions since POE 2.6 so here it is

18/8/18 updated gems with ancestral call
26/7/18 general tidy and wording updates added lighpoacher
20/7/18 updates of jewels, totem, tree etc
1/6/18 Major testing and rework of the whole build, updated guide to reflect this.
30/5/18 second update for 3.3
29/5/18 first update for 3.3
1/5/18 added some videos
25/3/18 added a bit on damage conversion
22/3/18 rework from the top down, added gearcheck
18/3/18 tweaks and added lvl 90 update
12/3/18 added loreweave
11/3/18 reworked from the top down key changes in the discussion of swords
6/3/18 brought back mention of scaeva, and radius for fight for survival
4/3/18 mention jade flask, and tree changes primal spirit vs versatility
2/3/18 more updates for 3.2 including pob & tree changes
1/3/18 First update for 3.2
11/1/18 rework to make clearer, finalize changes for abyss league
2/1/18 updated yoke of suffering and abyssal jewels
1/1/18 finally remembered to add vaal haste
1/1/18 added a changelog
1/1/18 added hypothermia with some math
30/12/17 fixed some typos
major cleanup making it more relevant for current league and condensed harbinger gear & stats

Videos and boss strategy
Spoiler

Not real exciting but some videos :)
I'll do some more this league with better strategies

From 3.2
Sunken City t15 https://youtu.be/Yr2NB4H07oA
Elder Guardians on t16
https://youtu.be/b5a4xd30nus
https://youtu.be/Yu50_Z22CK0
https://youtu.be/fixFqX2dkxM
Chimera t16 (starts part way as I forgot to push start :)
https://youtu.be/HN9OKxBTyjc

Izaro https://youtu.be/kIUWA2tLqF4
Sorry didnt note what stage the build was at when I recorded Izaro, nowhere near as strong as the t16 videos. I got an acceleration shrine which made me op but there is always some nice buff in the darkshrines. It still wasn't all that quick a run though :) but anyway you can see what I do for Izaro at 2:50, 8:50 and 11:40 without the acceleration shrine it is the same just 1-2 seconds longer.

My strategy is to drop a totem and frostbomb as he emerges on the top right hand side then use whirling blades behind him and kill him while he goes for the totem.

Another lab run with the end game gear (kills at 1:20, 3:35 and 6:00)
https://youtu.be/EiMg5ngydXU

Atziri is pretty simple, progress as normal and before entering atziri's room remove multistrike (swap for maim) and enter atziri. In the split stages attack whichever is opposite the one with reflect.

Elder - I've done him about 40 times and find him pretty easy, don't really have a strategy beyond jumping around, avoiding damage and killing him, which is pretty much my general strategy. Half way way between a marauder and a ranger so hit for a bit, whirling blades out of danger, hit again and so on.

Shaper and uber elder - I have done Shaper deathless (just). I did uber elder but not deathless. Others have done both deathless with not as good gear, I suck at shaper :)

Weapons
Spoiler

Swords vs Claws

Coming

Accuracy no longer helps champion after the first hit.

Swords

2 x Ahn's might These are great but we don't want frenzy charges while using them so it means not using blood rage or using the pacifism jewel to cut the frenzies.

Or Scaeva in the main hand with 3 green sockets.
Put in a good second sword, either a rare, an Ahns might, another scaeva (with a least 1 green socket).

A top roll for Ahn's or Scaeva will give very similar dps. Scaeva is available at level 60 but Ahn's has the advantage that the dps is constant and doesn't need charges to be up.

Varunstra - I started with one of these and used 2 in legacy. They can be really powerful (Less than rare rapiers but way more than the above two) however they require a different tree (coming soon) and availability is an issue in leagues without cadiro.

------------

Late game swords you may want to go for more damage and sorry there is no easy way to say 'buy this sword'. You will need POB and both pricing and availability fluctuates a lot.
In Harbinger Asardial completed everything using 2 x Ahn's in Abyss and I completed 30 guardian kills and 37 challenges before bothering to replace the scaeva so look at your other gear first.

Anyway when you are ready look for a high physical dps sword (pdps) - 250+

However the dps calculation doesn't include crit and other factors so also look for

Gain % physical damage as extra cold damage - this is op
Crit multiplier - not less than 25% (with extra cold) or 35% without extra cold (rapiers max 73%)
Elemental damage with attacks is also a very nice bonus after the above two mods.
Crit chance - I'd avoid crit '5' and more crit chance is nice but less important than others

These other factors add a lot. ie a 320 pdps sword with 60% total crit multiplier will beat a 400 pdps sword with 25% crit multiplier. 30+% physical damage as added cold is massive.

Claws

Coming

But weapon damage is only one part of the overall damage!

All the other Gear
Spoiler

Life on everything possible!

% and adds physical damage are our strongest mods, then crit multiplier / elemental damage with attacks etc

There are a number of items like triple watcher's eye jewel, elder crafted amulets etc that can be very powerful (and expensive :). They can be great but I cant rely on more than a few being available and don't want to recommend 100ex items.

Cold damage vs physical damage

We are 100% cold damage. Critical strikes give 100% chance to freeze with the freeze time dependent on damage vs monster life. We average 40-50% crit chance (60-70% with diamond flask) so 'chance to freeze' isn't very important.

We have a lot of physical damage modifiers which get applied before cold conversion so adding phys damage is important. We get some boost from added cold but it is a lot less important. Fire and lightning only get a few modifiers (increased elemental damage) so these provide limited benefit. Bleed and poison don't work for cold damage so aren't any good for us.

Quick look at damage types
I took my lvl91 tree in 3.2, turned off everything, removed all gear and added a redbeak with default values (DPS 4537). I then added a ring with only 1 mod being the max t1 roll for each damage type
adds 9-15 phys damage = +2931dps
adds 22-40 cold damage = +1920dps
adds 25-45 fire damage = +706dps
adds 7-72 lightning damage = +798dps

so despite the numbers being smaller, physical damage ends up way more powerful. Taking it further with my gear and everything on. The same ring phys gives +184k, cold +71k, fire +40k and lightning +45k

The Belt

Perseverance belt, unfortunately we can't use it until late in game, if you go with fortitude it will give permanent onslaught! which is 20% attack and movement speed. (there is no visual indication of onslaught with the belt but take it on and off and you can see it is working)

Scion
Stygian vise is a good choice with a good jewel. A rustic sash can have 99 life and will scale to around 150 more life than the perseverance belt. Use some blessed's to get it 24% physical damage. Make sure you have a high elemental damage with attacks with either of these.

Cowards legacy - Makes you count as low life but adrenaline triggers when you reach low life so you would have to swap it in and out so not worth it - Thanks to A7X89 for pointing this out

------------

Helmet

You want the frost blade damage enchant!!!

A good rare with the enchant is fine but there are usually plenty of uniques available.

Lightpoacher - This is my pick now but it has some downsides.
It needs the extra investment of jewels but can end up with the most damage and good life.
Its resists meant I took off cloth and chain and picked up 2 points on the tree.
Only 2 jewel sockets so totem isn't as strong and vaal haste is gone (I never used it anyway).
The spirit burst looks good but even with end game gear doesn't do a lot. The life recovery is nice in mobs but less useful in boss fights. It does phys damage so can trigger the poison ailment for yoke of suffering (but the chance of it proccing and hitting a boss is negligible)

Starkonja's - great balanced helm, adds 8-9% evade chance over lightpoacher. Has no movement but has damage and life (ends up about +250-300 more life).
Devoto's devotion provides chaos resist, movement and damage. It's the cheapest one but you will really want to stack more life on other gear. I usually keep one of these for late game lab runs.
Rat's nest will provide the most damage and still provide a movement boost but again no life.

I retested Abyssus (I hadn't used it since legacy). It added about 50% more damage which is massive but so was the extra damage taken :). It's not my thing but it is definitely viable but you are well into the glass cannon category and will want to know the boss fights extremely well. I'd also suggest dropping some dps from the tree for more life and investing in a taste of hate.

------------

Armour

I run a rare armour with around 100 life until late 80's when I can afford better.
My preference is loreweave but it does come down to personal preference as there are so many good choices. The Shroud of the Lightless has lvl 20 ele penetration, perfect form gives arctic armour, Lioneyes vision gives the projectiles pierce etc. A shaper/elder rare with regain 5-6% of life on kill can bring in 250-300 life on every kill which is pretty serious and works well for general mapping and bosses with minions (elder guardians and shaper dont so loses some appeal here)

Belly of the beast adds a few hundred more life meaning over 6k life is possible (I used this from legacy to abyss leagues).

Loreweave armor which comes from a vendor recipe of any 60 unique rings.
Added physical damage is the most important factor but it also has elemental damage, crit chance and +max resists etc.
Get 79-80% elemental resists as this is 20-24% less elemental damage taken and it is certainly noticeable (this also works well with taste of hate). The max resists are a hard cap so ruby flasks etc wont increase resists however reduced resistances map mods etc also have no effect!

------------

Gloves

Tombfist Gloves - Tombfist gloves with a murderous eye jewel to get intimidate
With 5% life on the gloves + 32 on the jewel would be about the same as gloves having 60 life. There is also a 2 jewel sock version which is very cool. For the jewels get life and adds physical damage or adds physical damage with swords and then other mods (fire damage here can give ignite for yoke of suffering).

Otherwise if you got 'first to strike, last to fall' then get either shaped gloves with faster attacks and blind or spiked gloves with life, attack speed and added phys damage. (Maligoro's virtuosity will beat a lot of spiked gloves and are cheap but don't have life so are another trade-off).

------------

Jewels

2 x Fight for Survival threshold jewels - these need nodes with 40 dex in their radius but those dex nodes don't have to be allocated so they work fine for us. Try and get 14-15% cold

Watchers eye with damage penetrates 14-15% resists while affected by hatred is very powerful. With only 1 hatred mod they are sitting at 30-40c a few weeks into the league. Crit chance with hatred is about the same for dps but a lot more expensive.

For the other socket +%max life and preferably two forms of crit multiplier (either global, dual wielding, one hand, with cold, with elemental, or melee)

Abyssal jewels are not as strong in the tree as 2 x crit mult + life but worth a look. Choose a combination of crit multiplier, life, added phys or added phys with swords.

------------

Boots
Enchant your boots!
'increased attack and cast speed if you have killed recently' adds a lot and lasts 4 secs and most bosses have some minion around to give us the boost, although not many for shaper and parts of elder. Extra leech or extra regen are also both very good and probably better for shaper fights.
Boots can also have intelligence if needed.

------------

Rings

Get life, adds physical damage and elemental damage with attack skills.
One ring will need intelligence (or you can get int on your boots) and fill in any resists you need.

Attack speed, crit and %cold damage are nice bonuses and can make a lot of difference (as well as accuracy for scion).

The taming is nice but not that great especially with the cost in comparison to a good rare ring.

Rings with curse with assassins mark on it. In general a well rolled ring will cost a lot less than a semi decent curse on hit ring. Unless you are going to dual curse it doesn't make up for the damage of a great ring.

------------

Amulet

Yoke of suffering.
Has some very nice resists but no life and very little int so lose a point in picking up int on the tree. This allows shock so like hypothermia smaller first hit but more damage after (shock amount varies between 20% and 50% more damage).

Monsters also take an extra 5% for each ailment (chill, freeze and shock), this is essentially a more multiplier after 1st hit. Adding a little fire damage somewhere can also ignite which adds another 5% so it is easily possible to get 20% more although you wont always have it).

In theory yoke will give us between 25% and 70% 'more' damage.

(blind and poison also add 5% each, %blind is possible with a jewel or gloves but losing intimidate from our gloves makes it not worth it). The only way we can poison is with volkurs gloves and again isnt worth it.

This isnt available until level 70 and if your dps isnt high enough can feel that you aren't doing much damage as you are getting no/low shock values but testing against hydra with my end game gear it was certainly quicker with the yoke.

Until level 70 use a standard rare amulet which can be a great place to stack intelligence. Look for adds phys damage (15-26 is the top), life and high % crit multiplier.

Other uniques - the Halycon can be beaten pretty easily. The Pandemonius adds blind which is a great defense against non spell casters but doesn't compete with the shock and bonus damage from the yoke.

------------

Flasks

Over a third of my dps comes from the flasks so I use them a lot!

Possible DPS Flasks. These stats vary a lot depending on the various aspects of your other gear (crit chance etc) but what I'm getting in 3.2 peak dps & end game gear as a very rough guide. (They do boost each other so atziri's and taste of hate will do more if they are all active).

Diamond Flask +860k
Lion's Roar (24%) +790k
Atziri's (18/15) +320k
Taste of Hate +290k
Wise Oak +236k

I run 4 utility and 1 life (surgeons flask of staunching)
Considering you can get a diamond from a quest and it can be rolled for more duration or remove an ailment this is great to have.
Lion's roar is fantastic for its damage and knockback, I consider this essential.
Taste, Atziri's and Wise were nerfed in 3.1 but still work well, obviously each has other factors as well as dps such as damage reduction but the price of Atziri's makes it a no-brainer.
I usually drop in a quicksilver (rolled for either adrenaline or warding) or taste of hate (and change diamond to warding) or as my fifth flask

Gear Check

just a quick list if you are looking at your gear and wondering what to do next.

Life on everything possible.
Rings can be crafted for +40-44, boots +60-64, by level 90 should have over 5000 life with a loreweave / rare armour and closer to 6000 with belly of the beast.

Helmet Enchant!
Rings with adds physical damage and either 25% elemental damage (opal) or high elemental damage with attacks, its even better if you can add attack speed, increased cold damage or critical strike chance as well
Belt - Perserverance or rustic / stygian with elemental damage with attacks (24+ preferably higher)
Swords - 2 x Ahns, Scaeva or replaced with good rares
Gems - Quality 20 on core gems.
Gloves - Tombfist with murderous eye jewel that has adds phys and life
Flasks - Lions roar, Atziris and Diamond, flask of staunching
Yoke of suffering (preferably a small amount of fire damage somewhere to ignite and get the extra 5%)
Boot Enchant

The Tree, Bandits, Ascendencies etc
Spoiler

Ascendencies
Champion

Conqueror then Worthy Foe -> these two are OP, especially can't evade which means we dont have to worry about accuracy

Then Unstoppable hero and Fortitude

I love permanent fortify especially with the belt to get permanent onslaught so we both move and whirling blades faster. For my playstylke I die less with permant foritify so choose this every time.

otherwise Adrenaline is crazy - in real terms over 20% extra damage but only when low life. I can be procced with blood magic, blasphemy and a curse but is a pain and takes 3 sockets.
(I'd also use spiked gloves rather than tombfist with this option because of the intimidate)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tree & POB

Champion

Latest 3.3 POB Tree - https://pastebin.com/AunTyABf

After Bestiary I decided to max the melee the melee damage and came up with this tree to start incursion league https://pastebin.com/awJF5Tk4. After playing a while I think I went too far and lost too much projectile damage and so scaled it back a bit to be more balanced.

Scion POB https://pastebin.com/BLC55H9Q

Poeplanner for tree if you just want to see the new tree
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAO0ADQQBAHO5HRXsivDpRsSCypCE2Ud-vTZlTb6nYEFjcBHVV5dDMdrBLlPTb3TtBS1677_VU7tM_04qI9NvJ5pqj2Bbrw2Nh3ZKfRX2YnkABpAK_MXuDoGs5GqpeaOKI_ZNko19MHxRRzfU7T_nVCT9_94B3HfjqW7AGngNbzu18m6qSsg1kti9_gryRTrh_o9N46ZXiq-QEXvDguR5aMEEXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT9RSy_UxsNy95w90oAaiF9wGIPZIjM89_FhjFHXIzO-P32-xswxzlWYDh9N-fXX-uhutlLh7FABeGY7tgwAAAAAA

Vaal pact - needs only 1 point - use it if you like (life regen is now about 7.4%)

POB Dps and Gear:
Everything is on to give a 'max dps' whereas the reality is you would never actually get it but it does provide a standard to measure by.

Vaal Haste - I put a vaal haste to level in my 2nd weapon thinking it will be ready to use when I want it. I never did use it but in the main part just to see what dps I could get if I had been using it. It is certainly viable to use, I just didnt feel the need for more dps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pantheon

There are no real build defining choices so personal preference. When I remember :) I hit 'y' and change them for the map

Major:
Soul of Arakaali - Thanks to Chris for his observations that after capturing "herald of thunder" (not the skill gem) when someone hit us while we are using blood rage and immortal call procs, we benefit from the Soul of Arakaali power "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield".

Soul of Solaris is great for maps with increased critical strikes.

Minor: Generally I use 'soul of tukohama' for the regen or 'soul of gruthkul' so that anything that hits me has less attack speed.

Bandits
Alira - crit multiplier gives us more damage than any other option. Resists are always nice to have, especially at an early stage and allows more life/damage on other gear.

Gems
Spoiler

I never bothered with ancestral call and was happy with clear but in incursion flashback have been using it and the clear speed is certainly higher, unfortunately though adds a gem swap for high end single target bosses (maps with 2-3 bosses I didn't swap)

6 link -> frost blades, multistrike, elem damage with attacks, melee physical damage, hypothermia and then a swap of ancestral call and ruthless

5 link- drop hypothermia

3/4 link - Whirling blades, faster attacks and culling strike / fortify or blood magic.

2 link - Immortal Call & cwdt (inc duration if you have a 3rd sock)

2/3/4 link - ancestral warchief & culling strike (melee physical damage / blind / vaal haste if you have more socks).

3/4 link - ice golem, blood rage, frost bomb, vaal Haste.

4 link - hatred, Assassin's mark, blasphemy, enlighten/vaal haste

Vaal Haste can be a nice boost, especially for bosses (I keep forgetting that I have it :) so I consider it a low priority.

Maim - maim is the next best gem and is available early and can easily be used as an extra gem while leveling (until multistrike is available etc).
If you going to do atziri kills level a maim gem in a 2nd weapon (X) so that you can swap it with multistrike as needed.

Hypothermia gives more damage against chilled enemies than maim. So our first hit is essentially with a 5 link to cause the chill with our 2nd hit doing more damage. I ran 10 hydras with my end gear comparing to maim (next best) and found I killed hydra about 10% quicker with hypothermia.

Blood rage generates frenzies which we dont want with Ahn's so either pacifism jewel or dont use it until you have replaced one of the swords.

Blood Magic - Pretty minor but with no extra mana on my gear I found that I run out of mana for whirling blades when doing long runs and backtracking etc (fighting is not a problem because of the leech). Without vaal pact you can put blood magic on the whirling blades as the regen easily covers it

Frostbomb - Mostly for bosses and chests you wont have enough intelligence to fully level frost bomb but it doesn't matter as it's real bonus is the -ve resist

Ancestral warchief - I was using ancestral protector until mid 3.3 and have now changed to warchief. Protector gives more overall dps but warchief gives us bigger hits so better chill, freeze and shock as well has splash built so frees up a socket.

Level 21 - Frostblades gets an additional projectile at level 21 (from 7 to 8) and a little more dps. It's noticable especially with ancestral call but isn't a high priority.

Scion gets power charges through the assassin tree so should use frostbite.

Leveling and Progression

Spoiler
This varies obviously depending on drops, whether it is start of the league, 2nd character etc etc but leveling can be fun with this build with playing around with different weapons, i.e. The Princess Saber are fantastic at level 12 (should take you lvl30+) and Daresso's Passion at lvl 43 will take you to lvl 60+. At lvl 60, Scaeva in the main hand (with 3 green sockets) is brilliant. Claws are also good until you take the sword nodes on the tree.

There would be others but some items of note

Level 1 - Last Resort Claw / Wanderlust Boots / Lochtonial Caress Gloves / Goldrim hat / blackheart rings
Level 5 - Karui Ward Amulet
Level 9 - Hrimsorrow gloves
Level 10 - Princess Saber - fantastic sword until the low 30's
Level 16 - The Magnate belt
Level 20 - Belt of the Deceiver
Level 21 - Maligaro's Virtuosity Gloves
Level 27 - Lion's Roar Flask
Level 30 - Le Heup of All ring
Level 34 - Ewar's Mirage is good for main hand
Level 36 - Tombfist gloves
Level 43 - Daresso's Passion
Level 60 - Scaeva / Starkonjas
Level 67/68 - Ahn's might / Devoto's devotion
Level 78 - Perseverance belt

In a new league it is largely whatever I find until lvl 60ish, I will replace most items 3-4 times between after level 60. My end game gear usually comes in between level 80 and 90.

Don't forgot about the vendor recipe to get a weapon with (40 to 69%) Increased Physical Damage by selling x 1 Weapon x 1 Blue or Rare Rustic Sash and a Blacksmith's Whetstone, can be very handy in the first few acts.

I always buy a 14% or 15% 'fight for survival' as soon as I reach the socket and a pair of daresso's passion at level 43 and often a scaeva at level 60. I've run two scaeva's for a while, but usually put a cheap rapier in the 2nd slot and then start scaling up (I'll usually replace my swords 3-5 times between level 60 and 90).

I will grab a 5 link as soon as I can and if I am doing well a very cheap corrupted 6 link or tabula just before final kitava. I usually get a normal cheap 6 link and reroll it a few times in early maps which I will keep until the late 70's / early 80's when I will put in the final armour.

A number of items like lion's roar, tombfist gloves etc I get a few days after the league starts when they are cheaper. Until then I look for attack speed and added physical damage
I will buy boots around level 40-50 when I get annoyed at how slow I am :)

Rings, amulet etc I am just looking for added physical damage, attack speed, life and resists on items while leveling. Last two starts I've had a belt of the deciever drop and i've used that until perservance, otherwise a rustic sash preferably with elemental damage with attacks

Tree Leveling

This varies a bit each time I do it. There is juggle between getting damage (the best defense is a good offence) and life so you are not a glass cannon.

I pick up and later take off path of the warrior at times as it is often better than the first node of a cluster. I didnt need it this time but in the past have taken mana flows early and then taken it off later.

Changed the tree so i need to rewrite this bit

I worked down to the jewel socket and put in the first fight for survival and the life next to it. I then work across to the right picking up the leech (2), life (3) and winter spirit (4) through to the next gem (5), leaving most of the other nodes. I had a nice jewel drop so picked up the socket (6) but if you havent got a reasonable one, then leave to later.

I then worked through to strong arm (7) and back up to the big life at (8) and then got the jewel and resists at (9). I then worked through the rest in roughly the order shown.

I forgot to mark in cloth and chain. I got this around the kitava act 10 so that I had all the resists from the tree by the time act 10 was finished.

Overall this worked pretty well. I found I was a bit weak for dps in the late 30's and then again in the mid-late 70's.

Scion

Spoiler

coming

Scion
Follow the assassin through to being to able to start in shadows area
on uber lab go with 2nd ascendancy that you have chosen (slayer/inquisitor/etc)

Stats, variations and league stuff

Spoiler

Bestiary Level 90 Update
Spoiler

Challenges & content
Highest map I've got so far is T12, I feel overpowered and these have been easy
20/40 Challenges done - pretty mixed which ones I've done and a number are half done, I dont see an issue in getting any of them beyond time and rng.

POB https://pastebin.com/0jUUttxb

Stats
I just took ancestral protector to lvl 1 / q20 which dropped 200k off the pob dps so I put as lvl 20 in pob. All others I left as whatever they currently are

Life 5277
Peak Dps 2.35M (charges up, totem, golem, frostbomb etc)

Totem around 400k
Golem 50k
Frostbomb 206k
Boot enchant 140k

Gear

I'll put pricing in, mostly because I find it interesting to see what I spent but of course I bargain hunt and there are always difference in time in league etc. most gear has already been upgraded at least once :) I havent allowed for chromes or blessed orbs etc as I have just used what I have picked up.

Using a rare chest (75c), I will change to a loreweave or belly of the beast when I can afford it. 39% life on the Belly would give about 250 more life. A good roll on loreweave could give an extra 500k damage + higher resists etc so my thinking is get one and take a couple more life nodes on tree to compensate for the life.

I went starkonja's, always a trade off between a the damage of a unique and rare with resists. So my rings have to have more resists but can still get ele damage, added physical damage, life and resists.
I got a bad roll starkonjas for 1 ex and hit it with a divine and got lucky. Rings were 10 and 25c + another 16c for crafting life.

I went 2 socket tombfist gloves, with murderous and searching eye jewels. Searching eye are nothing special for us, maim is nice but it could be dropped for a great murderous eye jewel. Cost 55c for gloves, 30c and 20c for the jewels.

Boots cost 12c I managed to craft ele damage onto them for 1 divine and got the enchant on the third lab run (I would have been just as happy to get extra leech or regen on the enchant)

Perseverance belt, I had one of these drop which I sold and bought this one for the same price (12c)

Yoke of suffering about 20c, no life but I love these :)

Swords, had scaeve and AHn's. These two cost 50c and 10c, both a good price but 10c was a bargain :)
will upgrade soon when I find something worth buying that is affordable. Unfortunately it seems less people are crafting so is currently slim pickings.

Flasks, life flask of staunching, diamond and quicksilver used alts and recipes. Atziris was 5c, lions roar I paid 30c.

enlighten level 2 - 30c and I rebought the 6 key gems to q20 and spent about 40c in chaos or gcp equivalent to do so. All others I'll let level naturally.

So far 1 ex, 2 divines & 335 chaos, so roughly 430c all up so far.
(although I should have paid more for that sword).

Bestiary Level 94 End game
Spoiler

Level 94 somewhere around 25-30 exalts spent (My most expensive version of this build)
All 40 challenges complete (however I bought a carry for uber elder because very simply I suck at shaper my best so far is 1 death (plenty of people have done deathless with not as good gear I just need more pratice at it).

A taste of hate dropped on the last day up to then I used a quiksilver flask and I never used the vaal haste and I still feel very overpowered with red elder going down about 10 times.

POB https://pastebin.com/cdHZva6k

Gear

Harbinger Stats, Gear etc (outdated)

Spoiler

This is outdated as the version 3.2 ascendencies now make us much stronger as well as newer gear (ahns/shaper items ect) but there is still some relevance.

Obviously this will vary a lot for your gear but provides a guide - my gear is in the sections lower down

200 chaos version at lvl 93

Regen (non vaal pact) Champion, you can see in the lvl 93/94 stats the amount of variance for different versions

Life about 5000
DPS
Hideout - Everything off - 352k
Theoretical peak - Everything, all charge, all potions etc - 1.26M

800 chaos version at Level 93/94

Champion POB https://pastebin.com/t9mBasnE

Life: ~5500
Belly of the beast is adding 350 life over the previous armour which had +95 flat life

DPS

Hideout - Everything off
Champion - hideout (no charges/totem/golem) - 438k
Theoretical peak - Everything, all charge, all potions etc
Champion - Totem, Golem, Charges - 1.83M dps

Misc
Boots- The boot enchant is worth an extra 60k-110k at max with potions etc.
Golem - The boost from the golem adds 30-60k at max.
Totem - The boost from the totem is around 200k-300k and it is also doing about the same damage itself!

Flasks - Vary depending on config but
Diamond between 180k - 219k
Lion's Roar 180k - 227k
Atziri's 118k - 140k

1400-1500 chaos version at Level 93/94

POB https://pastebin.com/TFqXstLN

Peak dps
original tree and my best gear :) life 5740 - 2.32M dps

Harbinger league update at lvl 88 / 92 (around 200 chaos)

Spoiler

I'm lvl 88 and soon to finish leveling the gems. I have 4868 life now and taking the odd over 4000 hit but mostly surviving. Slowly worked my way up through gear, this is my 3rd scaeva and 3rd 6-link armor :) I went the rare hat as it was cheaper.

So far I have spent in chaos - scaeva 10, gemstone sword 30, armour 85, helm 40, amulet 3, viper ring 5, mind knot ring 5, belt 12, boots 8, gloves 10 and the flask I picked up. So total 208 chaos and close to my original 200c goal :)

Still need to get the boot enchant but this gear with all charges up and all potions etc will reach about 1.27 million peak dps at level 93. (This was before blood rage, frost bomb etc which I've added to path of building, left other gear the same as what I had at the time.)

POB https://pastebin.com/zk6tXGYQ)

Gear & Budget (ignore gems as we made it better :)

Harbinger league update at lvl 93/94 (around 800 chaos)
Spoiler

Gear

My gear has changed but I haven't really spent a lot more (though I did bargain hunt).
I bought a belly of the beast and linked it with 3 fusings!!! and managed to sell my previous armour for what the belly ended up costing me, which of course screws up the costings. For costing I see 40% life 6 link bellys around 12-14 ex which have varied between 30 and 70 chaos so I am allowing 600 chaos.

New sword cost 150 chaos with its 61% crit multiplier and great attack speed. The cold portion here is only doing about 6k dps. Physical dps is 335 but to match it with a 35% crit sword I would need 425pds and a 25% crit sword around 450pds. (It's great but a lot of its dps is in attack speed so its average hit isn't that high so less freeze time).

Gloves were 30, I think the amulet cost around 20-30, rings about 5-10 each and the jewel was 35. Better gear is available if you have the money to spend :)

If i had bought the belly link then selling off the old stuff the build would have cost around 800 chaos at this point, most of which is the cost of belly.

Hitting the wall and 2M+ dps... (around 1500 chaos)
Spoiler

The issue here was reflect which is now longer an issue (we hope ;)

A few more gear changes, changed the scaeva to another rapier (around 250c), got a couple of nice rings (cost about 50-60 each, added crit chance which cost 2 divines). Allowing for purchasing the Belly of the Beast, I think I have spent around 1400-1500 chaos (which is not a big deal with 100+ 5+ key lab runs).

This let me hit a peak of 2m dps at lvl 95, I then added frostbomb and brought it up to 2.3m.

Anyway I could have easily run beachheads until lvl 100 but I find repeating the same map over and over boring so I was dying mostly due to reflect. I took off the 'fencing' cluster and put it into life giving me 6k life and played more careful. This worked but it wasn't as much fun with the careful play though :) so I put in Sibyl's lament which dropped the dps and put fencing back in. It would be pretty rare to actually hit it but with frostbomb my absolute peak is around 2M dps.

https://pastebin.com/vi1VVJsC

Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 20, 2018 2:41:19 AM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2018 12:36:41 PM
Why do you use two swords? Isn't the sword + shield better? After all, the damage comes from each sword in turn. Or just because of the increased attack speed why dual wielding? Then in my opinion it is better to use a shield and improve survival. How do u think?
Last edited by Spooneer on Jun 1, 2017 5:47:35 AM
Wiki: "Whenever the player equips two one-handed weapons of any type, dual wielding grants the following stats:

10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
15% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding"

I guess thats it )) Or ... ?
Hi,

I sold this characters gear to start my next char so cant try it anymore but have since discovered path of building :)

It tells me that the melee hit when dual wielding when running
frostbite - dps is 307k
or with artic armor - dps is 241k

there are a few shields that could also be interesting like daresso's courage or kaltensoul but I put in to change the 2nd sword to a lioneyes remorse

frostbite dps - 173k
arctic dps - 136k

so a lot of difference for dps but it picks around 500 more life, increased block chance and goes from 46% to 54% physical damage reduction.

Whos is General Playing for all Content? Breach/Atziri/Mapping?

i play a Swort-Crit Gladiator
Spoiler

its not Bad only sucks its Phy Dmg from Uberlab :(
freeze is based on singleplayer monster hp even in grps
Played a lot more different chars and learn't since writing the original :)

The biggest difference from the original is the Perseverance belt. This belt is just about made for the champion ascendancy as it gives onslaught when you have fortify, so we gain permanent onslaught with more attack speed and movement (now 81%)

It also adds damage based on armour and evasion so a jade flask adds a nice dps boost as well as evasion. I'd also now look more at armour / evasion mix body armour rare rather than straight armour (or lightning coil becomes an obvious choice for a unique).

I also found a good pair of spiked gloves will outperform the atziri's but lose instant leach and intelligence (but cost 10c rather than 10ex :)

I'd also put culling strike on the totem and golem

I was going to try this in 3.0 as there doesn't seem to be any changes although the availability of varunstra may wipe it out, will have to see...
moved up to the top and deleted
Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 11, 2017 1:01:47 AM
AWESOME BUILD!

Still on act9, lvl63. But has been way too easy to get here. Very good clear speed. I'm using decoy totem to avoid being hit by bosses and its doing very well. Still haven't got a 5 or 6L. Even with 4L the build (even incomplete) is already awesome and easy to play.

Well done!
Last edited by Fabriciocovero on Aug 8, 2017 10:10:16 PM
Glad you like it! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info