[2.6/3.0 BETA] eMbbu's detailed Essence drain guide for shaper & t16 boss farmer

Great guide, thanks a lot of sharing. Decided on Witch ED for my 3.0 league starter. Was going to go Trickster but Witch seems easier plus dual curse.

Could you suggest a tree for non-HC / non-CI that would go after some more damage to sacrifice some survivability?

* Shadow side, I'd like to take Method to the Madness for the extra Chaos dmg/Res.
* Templar side, take those 3 Spell dmg nodes to the right of Retribution.
* Templar side, take Light of Divinity and the 2 spell dmg nodes, to the left of Retribution.

I'm not sure what to sacrifice to make these changes as I'm still confused as to whether Life or ES is better for softcore in 3.0 as I'm hearing conflicting reports.

Advice appreciated, cheers!
Whats the plan for 3.0 with the new bandit choices? I can't really decide between Alira (+15 all res seems nice for gearing, bit of mana regen too), Kraitlyn (movement speed/cast speed) or the 2 extra skill points, which will most likely equal to 12% increased ES.
nice guide mate & awesome manual dodge skills displayed during uber atziri / shaper.

With decay being nerfed during the beta, what would you suggest in ur 6L setup ?

I imagine essence drain, void manip , controlled destruction, swift demise, efficacy , and pierce or empower as 6L .

What are your thoughts OP plz .
Not OP, but after doing some testing on path of building looks like empower 4 beats Decay for a 6thL. Pierce calculation looks bugged on PoB so I can't say.

Decay should still be worth taking early on
When i equip my decay weapon i get a lower tooltip for my DoT. Im using a heartbreaker.
Is the decay not integrated in the DoT tooltip ?
"
DrOwnage wrote:
When i equip my decay weapon i get a lower tooltip for my DoT. Im using a heartbreaker.
Is the decay not integrated in the DoT tooltip ?

No, it isn't.

Decay is a separate portion of damage over time which adds to the one of ED but it isn't scaled by spell damage modifiers and isn't spread out by Contagion.
"
Mithestral wrote:
Not OP, but after doing some testing on path of building looks like empower 4 beats Decay for a 6thL. Pierce calculation looks bugged on PoB so I can't say.

Pierce support is completely useless for ED in Oriath, since ED doesn't scale with projectile damage modifiers anymore after 3.0.

My favourite ED setup in Oriath will be ED / Void Manip / Efficacy / Swift Affliction / Controlled Destruction / Empower 4.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 2, 2017, 3:33:55 PM
"
djnat wrote:
"
Mithestral wrote:

Pierce support is completely useless for ED in Oriath, since ED doesn't scale with projectile damage modifiers anymore after 3.0.

My favourite ED setup in Oriath will be ED / Void Manip / Efficacy / Swift Affliction / Controlled Destruction / Empower 4.

immunity totems are going to be annoying AF without pierce tho.
I plan to use Voidwalker in my boots slot, so immunity totems are pretty never an issue. ;)
Last edited by djnat on Aug 2, 2017, 4:29:31 PM
Howdy, question for who ever may be able to answer. OP says that Eye of Chayula is the only "needed" Unique. Obviously stun immunity is big for a boss killer but what are some of the options going into starting as the only real way I see people getting Eye is once we get lvl 8 Zana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info