[3.0 SC/HC] Aixx's indepth HoWA ST Raider Guide ♣ [ Shaper | Guardians | U. Atziri ]

hey aix what do u think about this enchant i got. for me its hard to leech because of the deceleration :/
"
naimhairix51 wrote:
hey aix what do u think about this enchant i got. for me its hard to leech because of the deceleration :/

Hey naimhairix51, well this entchant is really bad :D try to get another one.
Hey All!

I have a slightly different passive tree, but the build is great overall:

Gear
Spoiler

I only have 8129 ES with level 19 Discipline (6768 without). I'm also at 1071 int.
DPS: 37537 in town with golem and GMP

The DPS feels great to me, but my ES seems really really low. Any thoughts on how to bring it up? I have ~900c to my name and can invest *some* of it to bring my ES up a bit. I tried Shaper yesterday twice (first times ever facing him) and wiped both times. Damage felt fine, and it's likely mechanics that need work, but I think getting my ES would be helpful.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by yousillygoose on May 4, 2017, 6:36:03 PM
"
Aixx wrote:
@britan, you can find my whole gem-setup in my "Gems" section.
Use Elemental Focus as your 6th gem ;)

Thank you Aixx! And sorry I completely missed your drop down box with the gem layout - I did look at the gems you had in your gear, but was double checking because someone replied to my earlier post recommending Elemental Weakness.

Last night I went back and finished all the quests I skipped that grant passives while rushing to Merciless dried lakes, and now have both Elemental Overload and CI/Ghost Reaver - I have to say these two nodes feel like the heart and muscle of the build, the difference is incredible :-)

What level ES do you guys think is reasonable? I was happy when I got over 7500 lol, but then read the post above saying that 8000 was low :-/

Last edited by britan on May 4, 2017, 10:10:56 PM
Did Shaper/Guardians(with bs mapmods) deathless with 19/20 st and not maxed gems, build feels great overall, here my gear

Spoiler

Gear is really cheap (for this type of dmg) helm was selffound, chest cost me like 3ex, rest of the gear cost less than 1ex, got 60 exa to spent on this build, but it doesnt need any upgrades cuz i can every boss in the game with ease.
The only thing i wanna upgrade - crystal belt with int/wed/double res and craft wed on helm.
Thx for the great build!
Last edited by AphexWoot on May 5, 2017, 4:54:09 AM
"
Aixx wrote:

"
LePollo wrote:
I am palying howa myself and recently someone told me that the final goal for howa builds would be to use shapers touch as gloves for all that sweet accuracy. If you can still cap resits. I am still not convinced so whats you opinion on that?

Hey LePollo, well I tested it again and its not really worth it.
You will get like +6% chance to hit but still lose dps (if your rare gloves had attack speed and int). You will get +100 to 200 ES using shapers touch (which you dont really need) depending on your Int.

How are you testing Shaper's Touch?

Shaper's Touch is not BIS for HoWA - but it's very, very good, especially if you're using Astramentis.

The idea behind Shaper's Touch is that it caps accuracy for you. With these gloves you no longer need any accuracy on rings/helm. This means that you can get other stats in lieu of accuracy or just save currency by not purchasing accuracy on these pieces.

Additionally, drop the 3-node Acuity cluster when wearing Shaper's Touch - probably the best expenditure for these 3 points is a jewel.

Unless you have really good gear, ST is going to be better than rare gloves - and, especially without really good gear, ST allows you to purchase cheaper rings/helm since you're no longer worried about accuracy.

ST is really good for HoWA - but isn't BiS if you have a lot of currency.

Play around with ST in Path of Building to get a feel for what these gloves are actually worth, since this will allow you to switch rings/helm/passives without expending currency.
=========
Also, it's going to be cheaper to get +1 to gems enchant on these gloves in case you want to do this:

The +1 ST cost me 30c.
Last edited by hankinsohl on May 5, 2017, 6:13:03 AM
"
yousillygoose wrote:
I only have 8129 ES with level 19 Discipline (6768 without). I'm also at 1071 int.

Hey yousillygoose, you definitely need more Int. Try to get some Int on your belt for example.

"
britan wrote:
What level ES do you guys think is reasonable? I was happy when I got over 7500 lol, but then read the post above saying that 8000 was low :-/

Hey britan, no problem :p
About 9k ES is alright and 10k+ is good. Shouldnt be that hard to reach 10k tbh :)

"
Gear is really cheap (for this type of dmg) helm was selffound, chest cost me like 3ex, rest of the gear cost less than 1ex, got 60 exa to spent on this build, but it doesnt need any upgrades cuz i can every boss in the game with ease.
The only thing i wanna upgrade - crystal belt with int/wed/double res and craft wed on helm.
Thx for the great build!

Thats nice to hear ;)

@hankinsohl, hey hankinsohl
Ive tested shapers touch in PoB with different amounts of Int and ES and I dont see where shapers touch are better than rare gloves.
Rings with resist, some ES, Int and accuracy cost about 3-5c at this point of the league.
Uncorrupted shapers touch cost like 12c.
Also you only need 1 high accuracy roll (like 300) on your helm OR 1 of your rings to reach 89-90% chance to hit with the "acuity" skillpoint.
People who are using shapers touch also take "Finesse" instead of "Acuity" (skilltree) and just by that you lose 1% attack speed.

Obviously good rare gloves (with high int, ES and attack speed) are better than shapers touch, like you said. But for example, if cant even afford a resist ring with all the stuff you need for ~4c, the rest of your gear probably is REALLY bad too. Which means you will lose ES by using shapers touch compared to rare gloves with int and ES.
Another thing.. at the start of a league you can make really good deals on good rings for example but cant even buy shaper gloves.

"
Aixx wrote:
"
yousillygoose wrote:

Hey yousillygoose, you definitely need more Int. Try to get some Int on your belt for example.

"
britan wrote:

Hey britan, no problem :p
About 9k ES is alright and 10k+ is good. Shouldnt be that hard to reach 10k tbh :)

"
Thx for the great build!

Thats nice to hear ;)

@hankinsohl, hey hankinsohl
Ive tested shapers touch in PoB with different amounts of Int and ES and I dont see where shapers touch are better than rare gloves.
Rings with resist, some ES, Int and accuracy cost about 3-5c at this point of the league.
Uncorrupted shapers touch cost like 12c.
Also you only need 1 high accuracy roll (like 300) on your helm OR 1 of your rings to reach 89-90% chance to hit with the "acuity" skillpoint.
People who are using shapers touch also take "Finesse" instead of "Acuity" (skilltree) and just by that you lose 1% attack speed.

Obviously good rare gloves (with high int, ES and attack speed) are better than shapers touch, like you said. But for example, if cant even afford a resist ring with all the stuff you need for ~4c, the rest of your gear probably is REALLY bad too. Which means you will lose ES by using shapers touch compared to rare gloves with int and ES.
Another thing.. at the start of a league you can make really good deals on good rings for example but cant even buy shaper gloves.

Your assessment is counter that of the rest of the POE community.

Post a tree/gear in POB where cheap gear using rare gloves outperforms Shaper's Touch.

4c for a ring with accuracy, int, resist(s), WED, ES... I never saw anything close to that - 2 to 3 ex minimum is what I saw.
===========
Post a POE search result for such rings please.
===========
With ST, I found lots of very nice gear for maybe 30c chaos. W/O, I was looking at 8ex (no kidding) or more for some crap gear (about 2 weeks ago).
============
Honestly, I really think that ST are nearly BiS - unless you have a ton of currency to spend.
============
Finally, be sure to spec out of Acuity and equip a jewel - with this change, ST is extremely good - really hard to beat unless you have a lot of currency. If you don't account for this respec, you'll be mislead into over-valuing rare gloves.
============
And... note that chance to hit is based on hitting mobs of your own level - if you're level 94 you'll out-level by quite a bit all mobs you face - and thus will hit for far higher percent.

Really high hit percent - over 94% or so - at high levels - just means that you are in trouble versus reflect.
Last edited by hankinsohl on May 5, 2017, 7:46:46 AM
"
Aixx wrote:
"
yousillygoose wrote:

I'll upgrade both claws. I think that will give me ~30int. As for the belt, searching for new belts seems to have a ~6ex price tag if I factor in:
- WED
- Double resist
- Int

That's more than I spent on my chest!
how did u get on 345k damage ^^ i get only up to 260k

here is my gear
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info