[3.0 SC/HC] Aixx's indepth HoWA ST Raider Guide ♣ [ Shaper | Guardians | U. Atziri ]

"
4c for a ring with accuracy, int, resist(s), WED, ES... I never saw anything close to that - 2 to 3 ex minimum is what I saw...Post a POE search result for such rings please.

Here are several rings with wed, int, accuracy, resist for 5c:
http://poe.trade/search/atadusimewonoh

"
With ST, I found lots of very nice gear for maybe 30c chaos. W/O, I was looking at 8ex (no kidding) or more for some crap gear (about 2 weeks ago).

With that you mean an item with accuracy costs 8ex and the same item without accuracy costs 30c? Cant really understand that. I mean look at the rings I linked there :o

"
Honestly, I really think that ST are nearly BiS - unless you have a ton of currency to spend.

Here again are several gloves with 160+ ES, 40-50 int AND attack speed for 10-20c. For most people ~15c for gloves and 5c for each ring shouldnt be a ton of currency.
Gloves like these already give you more damage than ST would do.

"
Finally, be sure to spec out of Acuity and equip a jewel - with this change, ST is extremely good - really hard to beat unless you have a lot of currency. If you don't account for this respec, you'll be mislead into over-valuing rare gloves.

If you want to pick up a jewel socket for 3 points you would need to get the socket above "Acrobatics"
which gives 8% projectiles damage or the socket next to to CI which gives 8% mana. Whatever way you go, its not optimal.

"
And... note that chance to hit is based on hitting mobs of your own level - if you're level 94 you'll out-level by quite a bit all mobs you face - and thus will hit for far higher percent.

Really high hit percent - over 94% or so - at high levels - just means that you are in trouble versus reflect.

Thats a reason to not get shapers touch because 90% chance to hit with rare gloves are enough anyway.

Last edited by Aixx on May 5, 2017, 10:55:33 AM
"
Tobinator wrote:
how did u get on 345k damage ^^ i get only up to 260k

Hey Tobinator, I would try to replayce the iron ring with an resist ring, then you can replace your belt with one with int on it. Also you need to level some of your gems.
Coordination is more important than Primal Spirit.
And did you test it with everything up? Like flasks, vaal haste, ele overload, totem, golem, auras..
You also need attack speed on your gloves and atleast a level 21 sectral throw or WED to come closer to 345k dps. Hope this helps you ;)

"
yousillygoose wrote:
I'll upgrade both claws. I think that will give me ~30int. As for the belt, searching for new belts seems to have a ~6ex price tag if I factor in:
- WED
- Double resist
- Int

Hey yousillygoose, here are some cheaper crystal belts with wed, double resist and int:
http://poe.trade/search/hasitosazibaki

I would recommend to get the last jewel socket in the witch area asap to get more resists from there.
Then you can get a belz with more WED more Int and only 1 resist + ES ;)

Last edited by Aixx on May 5, 2017, 10:42:36 AM
Huge thx to Aixx for keeping this thread fresh and always answering any kind of questions!
Thx for your work.
Got 1 question - why ele pen flask? Would flat lightning dmg to attacks give more dmg, or ele pen is much better?)
Last edited by AphexWoot on May 5, 2017, 2:34:55 PM
sort of followed this build, just checking what i can improve.
it feels rly good so far but i kinda die to much sometimes.

Spoiler

lvl 80
es 7928
dps in hideout 22k, in maps around 40-65k
int 1154
res all maxed
Last edited by xspeed1 on May 5, 2017, 6:16:07 PM
"
xspeed1 wrote:
sort of followed this build, just checking what i can improve.
it feels rly good so far but i kinda die to much sometimes.

Spoiler

lvl 80
es 7928
dps in hideout 22k, in maps around 40-65k
int 1154
res all maxed

Hey xspeed1, as is clear from questions in this thread I am no expert lol, but I might be able to help a little. The same was happening to me as I slowly improved my gear and I died very quickly sometimes against certain mini bosses after switching to CI. I was also running with around 8K ES at the time, but have since managed to increase to 9K ES and it has made a huge difference, so I am now working towards 10K. So yeah if possible, see if you can increase your ES a little :-) Also if possible try to recognise the mods on the mini bosses that kill you, and see if there is a common mod thats causing problems, eg damage reflect.
Last edited by britan on May 6, 2017, 10:54:27 PM
I recently specced into CI and the build feels really good so far, however I am having some mana problems. I assume it's gonna get better once my damage improves, but anything I can do until then? Are more mana leech nodes even worth it?

Thanks in advance!

.edit: The character is Xeno_RealFrisbee if needed!
Last edited by XenoPOE on May 7, 2017, 1:34:26 AM
"
XenoPOE wrote:
I recently specced into CI and the build feels really good so far, however I am having some mana problems. I assume it's gonna get better once my damage improves, but anything I can do until then? Are more mana leech nodes even worth it?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Xenopoe, like I said above Im no expert (dont want to come off as thinking I know more than I do) and still learning the build, but I can share what I did. For a bit I also found it a little squeezy on mana with both Discipline and Wrath Auras up ... Aixx's endgame skill tree includes (two points) in the Primal Spirit node (probably as much for the +20 Int as anything), so I went ahead and took those a bit sooner (they're not included in the lvl 68 skill tree). My mana fills up so fast its full again before she has finished saying she needs more mana.

Cheers
Last edited by britan on May 7, 2017, 3:25:24 AM
"
britan wrote:
"
XenoPOE wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Hey Xenopoe, like I said above Im no expert (dont want to come off as thinking I know more than I do) and still learning the build, but I can share what I did. For a bit I also found it a little squeezy on mana with both Discipline and Wrath Auras up ... Aixx's endgame skill tree includes (two points) in the Primal Spirit node (probably as much for the +20 Int as anything), so I went ahead and took those a bit sooner (they're not included in the lvl 68 skill tree). My mana fills up so fast its full again before she has finished saying she needs more mana.

Cheers
Thanks mate that fixed all my mana problems!
x
Last edited by hankinsohl on May 7, 2017, 5:47:25 AM
Thanks for answering some questions britan :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info