[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

doing very good damage. in even just tier 7 maps i'm killing stuff but i'm also dying right away.
where is my resists coming from? i'm at 10k es and i'm just dying in 1 hit I believe it is reflect anyway around this?

Last edited by ripped85 on May 24, 2017, 8:56:38 PM
"
CrankySmurf wrote:

I've had some challenges with it but over all its a brutal build

I should quote that in the pros & cons :P

"
ripped85 wrote:

where is my resists coming from? i'm at 10k es and i'm just dying in 1 hit I believe it is reflect anyway around this?

Make sure you use Warlords Mark before attacking a group that contains a reflect.
Single or high lifepool reflects can be countered with Vessel of Vinktar.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Not a bad build. Not good enough to beat shaper though...
"
DaveOshiCZ wrote:
Not a bad build. Not good enough to beat shaper though...

Right, i didnt killed about 50 shapers this season. Also i faked the YouTube videos, you got me.

/KAPPA
Last edited by onlyjb on May 29, 2017, 5:54:32 AM
I'm not too familiar with leech builds. How are you staying alive? You are getting your leech from just 1) warlord's mark and 2) vessel of vinktar?
"
coatofarms wrote:
You are getting your leech from just 1) warlord's mark and 2) vessel of vinktar?

The problem with caster builds is, they cant leech with nodes from the skilltree. A Life Leech Support gem could help there, but would lower our dmg. The best option to leech with spells (atleast fo me) is Warlords Mark tho.

Vinktar is only used against bosses or high life pool elemental reflect mobs.

Oh and 0.2% leech comes from my belt for sure :3
Last edited by onlyjb on Jun 2, 2017, 3:54:35 PM
"
Vaal Pact
This keystone will no longer affect Energy Shield in any way. It will only apply to Life Leeched. This is because the higher effective health pool provided by Energy Shield trivialized some encounters where Vaal Pact let you restore all of your pool in under a second, if your damage was sufficient.

So, if the changes will stay, how would you change the Tree, TS?
"
Vagstor wrote:
how would you change the Tree, TS?

Can't say that yet. This is not the only tree change we will face, and some are prob not even released yet. In case we get additional es recharge nodes, not much will change for the build.

Not being forced to go the long long way to VP will grant us lots of skillpoints to spend on other clusters. So im sure even without more es recharge nodes the build can stay playable (even tho you need to dodge sometimes then).
Why you don't use Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves? They give dps boost and some sort of leech on mobpacks, cost for that is small lose of ES and resist. Also cheap Atziri's Splendour(AR/ES or ES) can be used till u can get good chest.

"Area of Effect damage" passive nodes don't increase dmg of Ball Lightning, so 3+ points in your tree is useless.

ZiggyD in video about Ball Lightning tell that "Projectile damage" do nothing, this was changed? If not then your boots and jews with Projectile damage is waste of slots.
"
fenumed wrote:
Why you don't use Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves? They give dps boost and some sort of leech on mobpacks, cost for that is small lose of ES and resist. Also cheap Atziri's Splendour(AR/ES or ES) can be used till u can get good chest.

"Area of Effect damage" passive nodes don't increase dmg of Ball Lightning, so 3+ points in your tree is useless.

ZiggyD in video about Ball Lightning tell that "Projectile damage" do nothing, this was changed? If not then your boots and jews with Projectile damage is waste of slots.

If what you're claiming were true, then neither projectile nor area of effect mods would affect Ball Lightning, and that is certifiably false. It has both the Projectile and AoE tags.
Last edited by leeber on Jun 6, 2017, 11:24:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info