Not supported anymore

"
Twinks wrote:
"
battousaii wrote:
Can this build farm Chayula?

You can do Chayulas with endagme gear and I really do mean endgame, trifecta - qudfecta jewels and also other dmg increases almost maxed. Farming? No, because it is not fun, you are always around the Time limit due the lack of single Target damage.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently not brave enough to try it with my whispering ice build, though I think I'll get over that in a week or two and give it a shot. Originally started looking at this build because of the clear speed and seemed like a fun change of pace, but I didn't think about single target damage and yellow mobs being so important.
hi guys....GREAT build....so here is my problem unless i am doing something wrong with Pob RF dps is 165k and i think my survilability in T11-12+ maps is kinda low....any suggestions what to improve?....
i feel like hit in a wall:(
"
Lampra wrote:
hi guys....GREAT build....so here is my problem unless i am doing something wrong with Pob RF dps is 165k and i think my survilability in T11-12+ maps is kinda low....any suggestions what to improve?....

I'm surviving T11-12 maps just fine and I'm less geared than you. My DPS is around 70k (only using a single curse, blasphemy + flammability and not using blood dance boots). My life is around 7.2k. I end up with ~1400-1500 regen before consecrated ground. I've changed up the build a bit to fit my playstyle and that is why I'm having an easier time for sure.

The big thing you might want to try is to trade cyclone for shield charge. It's a huge boost to mobility. Since I have blasphemy + flammability, I'm running shield charge + faster attacks + crit support + fortify. You might have a little trouble feeding crits to elemental overload with the curse on hit setup. Shield charge lets you blast through packs taking far fewer hits, move around maps much faster, and escape bad situations on bosses swiftly. For high HP packs (pretty much only harbinger packs) I just shield charge back and forth and they're pretty powerless to do anything about it. As a bonus, you can namelock bosses that run/teleport/ect with shield charge and stay on top of them. Cyclone is terribly clunky, and unless you're extremely careful in how you use it, you can end up unable to escape dangerous situations. Not everything can be facetanked and SC lets you hit and run when you need to. Changing cyclone->SC should give you a huge boost in survivability.

Another I notice is that you have no sulfur flask. Being able to boost your regen by 6% is pretty nice, and that comes with 40% increased damage (not more sadly). With our ascendancy, that's 8% elemental damage reduction as well, which is great. You'd have to give up rotgut for it, which you wouldn't need with shield charge mobility.
Most of your items, jewels are for damage. I get it that you want to farm with this build,that is why you focused on item rarity+damage so much with amu,rings,even some jewels.

But I think you sacrificed too much life and hp regen for it.

Also don't forget that Flammability is kind of like a big deal to this build towards late game. You might want to reshuffle a few gems here and there, get yourself a level 3 enlighten and go for the reduced mana reserved nodes or if you have the chaos or the exalt, a lvl 4 enlighten so you won't need to respec passives.

So you can have 3 auras running hp regen, fire resist+ flammability against enemies.

Oh and as far as I know, you really,really need "adds cold or lightning or others damage to attacks" on a ring, gloves,helm,whatever. That kind of helps with elemental equilibrium.

Btw going for shield charge like others mentioned might also be a solution. I'm still sticking with cyclone for now, as clunky as it is at times. Beside shaper,uber atziri and modded guardians, absolutely nothing poses any problems, not even T15 bosses.

I can run high level maps pretty fast, done a map before I managed do drink half of my morning coffee.

Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 20, 2017, 2:08:02 PM
"
Lampra wrote:

As a couple other guys have already stated, stick more to the gear recomendations of Twinks on the original post.... get a marble ammy, a good unset ring with +2 to gems and slap a 21 flammability on it..... also, get those blood dance boots.... every bit of regen helps....

Item quantity and Item quality don't mean squat if you can't survive them maps....

i did an abyss run last night, possesed boss, ele reflect, temp chains and enfeeble and i don't think i ever got below 70% life....sure, you gotta dance around bosses and some rare mobs, but everything else pretty much melts.... (needle throwing mobs are annoying, and obscene crits can nuke you, but hey, you should be able to do ANY reflect map w/o a hitch....).
thanx for your suggetions guys...i already run shield charge and its a lot more flexible.....i ll work on my rings.amu now...ty for you time:)))
The map was done in like 3-4 minutes, I did waste a portal at the bosses. The map as you see was not exactly a good one. Vulnerability is not one of my fav mods to have on a map, so I had to go back once and recharge my flasks.

It's a shaped tier 11 strand map, and it was done while I was still half asleep, drinking my first cup of coffee.

The point of this being, if you redo your items and follow the general rule of what twinks posted in his first post, you can easily farm maps. The only place where rf build hits a very tough brick wall is at the last maybe 1% of the game content.

Shaper, uber atziri and heavily modded guardian maps. That is where you need even better gear, and tweak some items, some gems,flasks and so on. Otherwise if you have something like I have,or what twinks posted, you will do pretty much any map just fine.

Shield charge is a good alternative for cyclone, it's much better when faced against fast and hard hitting bosses, but I dislike it for at times being stuck in almost nothing, like you hit maybe a small rock that you can't see and you keep charging at it. Cyclone on the other hand is a good combo with culling strike, maybe you have a very tough boss that you can't just charge in and take head on.

You leave increased aoe for rf, it will take a while to bring the hp down while you constantly run around the boss, and when it's close to the end, just lighting warp, cyclone, culling will take care of him shortly.

Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 21, 2017, 5:54:30 AM
Cyclone can also escape barrage :) SC can not
Why suggest culling strike on cyclone? What would be the point of that if you have rarity on your RF?
"
Why suggest culling strike on cyclone? What would be the point of that if you have rarity on your RF?

Its for those like me who do not use a six link and thus cannot use item rarity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info