Not supported anymore

Small question. In the CWT slot, would it be better or worse to put an increased duration support instead of the stone golem. As in CWDT 14 - Immortal Call 16 - Molten Shell 18- Increased duration.

It goes from 0.40 to almost 0.70 seconds and the molten shell buff from 10 to almost 17 seconds. I'm not that good with every ingame mechanic and gem setup to know if this would overall be a good thing or a bad thing. That is why I'm asking.

In all honesty the golem rarely does anything, I get the life regen from it, but in low-mid maps it almost never gets triggered since everything dies before they manage to hit me. In higher maps 14+ it just gets out, takes a hit, dies, and I have to wait till the cwt triggers it again.
Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 17, 2017, 4:16:17 AM
Can this build farm Chayula?
"
hamilcarTHC wrote:

Hello!

So I wasn't accepting not having enough DPS to do Shaper and spent some hours on Path of Building and decided to make a change on your building and got a huge amount of dps using this 2 itens above.
With 2 curse the DPS jumped from 268K to 565K besides life going from 7.78k to 9.2k
Although I'm opting to use only one curse atm and going to Heart of Flame (445K DPS) because shaper and guardians have 80% effect of curses reduced on them and witchfire wont be activated 100% of the time on the battle (lowering the avarage DPS), also they take higher DPS from Heart of Flame, I may get 2 curses next on lvling.

I know you said not to post minor tweaks on you building but this one I think worth considering, I think it gives the best balance among DPS and survival.

I haven't tried shaper yet with this building, I might post here if I could beat him.
Edit: Killed Shaper xD

Thanks and good luck!

This is some great advice, I think I'm going to go this route, thanks.
Hey, I realize this must be a noobish question, but...

How do you reach the dextery required to use your items?
I'm at 55 right now with only 50 dex, and none of the items listed seem to increase dex.
The blood dance boots gives you +30 or +40 to dexterity, depending on what drops or whatever you decide to buy from poe trade.

Also you could buy yourself an amulet or a ring or whatever that gives X to all attributes or X to dexterity while having some resists and + to maximum life on it.

Finally till you can equip yourself with proper items, you can also take a +30 to dex on the passive nodes, it will help in the long run, you can respec once you have better items and don't need it anymore.
Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 18, 2017, 3:41:44 AM
"
LizSR wrote:
Hey, I realize this must be a noobish question, but...

How do you reach the dextery required to use your items?
I'm at 55 right now with only 50 dex, and none of the items listed seem to increase dex.

I know since the Ascendant change Dex is a little struggle.

Non of our Dex Gems must have a high level, at some you might get a few more %, but you can simply level them as high as your Dex is sufficient.

Gear wise it should be all fine, you might put a item with Dex roll somewhere so you are able to equip the Blood Dance and than remove that item again, if you do so the Dex of Blood Dance will make up for it.
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Sep 18, 2017, 4:57:03 AM
"
Nosferat wrote:
Small question. In the CWT slot, would it be better or worse to put an increased duration support instead of the stone golem. As in CWDT 14 - Immortal Call 16 - Molten Shell 18- Increased duration.

It goes from 0.40 to almost 0.70 seconds and the molten shell buff from 10 to almost 17 seconds. I'm not that good with every ingame mechanic and gem setup to know if this would overall be a good thing or a bad thing. That is why I'm asking.

In all honesty the golem rarely does anything, I get the life regen from it, but in low-mid maps it almost never gets triggered since everything dies before they manage to hit me. In higher maps 14+ it just gets out, takes a hit, dies, and I have to wait till the cwt triggers it again.

Yes it is viable to use Inc. Duration, although the Golem should be perma up at mid Level maps, after you done the first map the Golem shoudl spawn at the latest point at the Boss and from there on simply just respawn at Bosses, if he is even dying.

At higH Level maps he can be a distraction for Bosses.

So if you have a possibility of casting him manually then yeah replace it in the CwdT setup, otherwise I wouldn´t.
and thx for answering questions, I am currently busy with my broken PC & RL.
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Sep 18, 2017, 4:57:36 AM
"
battousaii wrote:
Can this build farm Chayula?

You can do Chayulas with endagme gear and I really do mean endgame, trifecta - qudfecta jewels and also other dmg increases almost maxed. Farming? No, because it is not fun, you are always around the Time limit due the lack of single Target damage.
Lonewolf
"
a0TheVE wrote:
Loving the build.

I'm not sure how to improve now. Would you mind checking out my character? I'm a fairly casual player so I don't gain currency too fast. Biscos seems to noticeably help (lucky find).

POB says I'm only doing 91K damage, but I also have no idea how to use POB so...

Char: LickMyTits

Thanks.

Overall your Gear, jewels and Passivtree is fine, it is now just the search for small upgrades like better Jewels, getting those last life Nodes at the Tree, getting a better Splendour (Armour roll), looking for more flat Life at Rings and all those minor things.
Alos I am pretty sure that you should have around 150-200k damage with your current gear.
Lonewolf
"
Yes it is viable to use Inc. Duration, although the Golem should be perma up at mid Level maps, after you done the first map the Golem shoudl spawn at the latest point at the Boss and from there on simply just respawn at Bosses, if he is even dying.

At higH Level maps he can be a distraction for Bosses.

So if you have a possibility of casting him manually then yeah replace it in the CwdT setup, otherwise I wouldn´t.
and thx for answering questions, I am currently busy with my broken PC & RL.

Ty for the heads up, I'm just also trying to help people with what I've learned so far about the game and this build, I'm still learning about the what and the how. And just trying to tweak here and there to see what works, what makes me better damage wise, or more tanky or makes me survive better.

For now I decided to make it like this.

I will go for a higher cwdt level, as far as I have learned, you must not have 2 cwdt's at the same level since only 1 of them will be cast at one time, so I might level this one to 17 or something so it only activates when I take a giant hit from a boss.

I also thought about making the golem separately in the sceptre more powerful, with 2 minion support gems, but vaal grace is simply too good to throw out, it does help a lot at boss fights, for now I'm trying it this way. I'm still torn between using the golem with a cwdt or better link the vaal grace with an increased duration and leave the golem, max level it and put it in an unlinked slot for a manual summon.
Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 18, 2017, 9:26:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info