This casual player catches trade bots with one simple trick!

"
Rexeos wrote:
It is not a bot.

People simply checking for items and when it appears on poe.trade, they ping you right away. There is now Webcosket (instant) refresh search.

Besides you can write your own API which is faster than poe.trade anyway.

Let's say you're right. It's not a bot that automatically conducts a trade, only a bot that automatically notifies you when a good trade is available.

Is that a significant difference? Does it not allow the same kind of market sniping that a fully automated bot would be doing?
"
"
That's not a bot that's PoE.trade live search -.-

No. Live search takes a bit of time to get the item indexed. If you get a response literally the second you put it in your stash, like that second, that's someone connecting right into PoE trades API.

No not always. While sure sometimes it CAN take up to 30 seconds to list i would assume its dependant on traffic and such but most of the time it will list within a few seconds sometimes instant. You can also force it to post instantly if you change instances or change the price on the item when you list it as well if its one of those times when it's taking a little bit to show. Or atleast thats what ive been told works.

But dont take my word for it... Go test it yourself. Setup the live search for the item your about to list and see for yourself.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
There is nothing wrong with someone setting up their own indexer which notifies them when items come up for sale. Doesn't matter if you think it fair or not.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
There is nothing wrong with someone setting up their own indexer which notifies them when items come up for sale. Doesn't matter if you think it fair or not.

Unfortunately, the use of indexers with notification, at such extend...it is a bot. It is not against the ToS because it doesnt play the game for someone else. However it checks continuously the Poe trade api, an external ressource of the game, to automatically notifiy the good deals, it's a Bot.

Then it's against the tos when the said bot will do actions ingame instead of the player.
Or technically it could be a simple macro, but the distinction is not always clear?
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Apr 1, 2017, 9:19:01 PM
"
Rexeos wrote:

GGG writes the API. You write something that uses the API.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
The Problem is:

There are trade bots acting but you can't prove it because it can be poe trade life search too.

But there are trade bots out there for sure!
(You can search only for specific items with poe trade life search. But there are player who react on nearly every cheap item in less then one second. And that can not be done with poe trade lifesearch)

I just don't understand why GGG does not take control them self over the trading system. Why do they made it with homepages of no GGG members and make trade bots possible in that way?
Last edited by DeltaWing on Apr 2, 2017, 5:10:21 AM
"
systemdown wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:

GGG writes the API. You write something that uses the API.

+

thx
I find funny how so many players get offended by poe.trade bleeps.
They are literary available to everyone just in one click.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
I set up alerts on poe.trade for good deals and respond right away when something pops up cheap. Does that mean I'm a bot?

No, but it does indicate that you are hanging out in Wraeclast way too much and are a... well we all know the 2 words that describe all players that play PoE too many hours every day that GGG etiquette patrol says we shouldn't use (or get gagged for 48 hours) so I won't say it.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:
This isn't proof of botting. This is a great way to ban innocent players.

It's not proof, but it's evidence. Which is why I said:

"
suszterpatt wrote:
banning the accounts that are consistently that quick to respond

it's allowed to write your own indexing software
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info