This casual player catches trade bots with one simple trick!

"
D3izhistory wrote:
Simple way to reduce these item snipers, buy a couple tabulas. and constantly relist them for half market price and party with the botters and then go afk while they wait in your hideout (to be consistent with trade policies etc just accept a full price offer while they wait, no rules against selling to higher bidders then ur asking price). do this nonstop and eventually they will find better things to do with their time

im going to try this with reliquary keys actually

Okay so i did this, ofcourse not naming names, but listed a key for 20c, got 10 messages inside of 10 seconds of putting it in my tab, then another 10 messages 25-35 seconds later then another 10 or so messages from 1-2 minutes (sold and bought another to repeat the test)

What this makes me think is the first grouping was those who somehow get advanced notice before poetrade indexing, second group is the weblink poetrade users and the final group is those who have notification at 30 and 60 seconds
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
So if I respond to an item posted on poetrade a couple seconds after it's posted, I'm a bot ?

Good trick. Sounds 100% foolproof. No way innocent people are going to get caught by this.

lol
"
Ratedetar wrote:
So if I respond to an item posted on poetrade a couple seconds after it's posted, I'm a bot ?

Good trick. Sounds 100% foolproof. No way innocent people are going to get caught by this.

lol

Wanna read the OP again? Carefully?
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
That's not a bot that's PoE.trade live search -.-

Thats a trade bot.

I do it all the fucking time means I'm a bot right? I instantly whisper person IT MUST BE A BOT OH BOY!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 31, 2017, 9:54:05 PM
dinobotasaurus rekt
ITT clueless people
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
ITT clueless people

Stop talking to yourself.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
poe live trade is fast
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
That's not a bot that's PoE.trade live search -.-

Thats a trade bot.

I do it all the fucking time means I'm a bot right? I instantly whisper person IT MUST BE A BOT OH BOY!

Or maybe you do use a bot.
It is not a bot.

People simply checking for items and when it appears on poe.trade, they ping you right away. There is now Webcosket (instant) refresh search.

Besides you can write your own API which is faster than poe.trade anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info