Is it time to devalue currency in Standard?

"
ChanBalam wrote:
GGG, would you tell us how many (in total) of each of these are in stashes: Mirrors, Exalts, Chaos, Regals, Divines?

Will never happen.

"
ChanBalam wrote:
FoO

-_- ... just call it 3.0 or Oriath. Foo is stupid.

"
ChanBalam wrote:
Replace all Chaos orbs in Standard with a new Kaos orb at a rate of .5 to 1. reducing the number of Chaos orbs by half for everyone.
Remove all Exalt orbs and replace them with Kaos orbs at an exchange rate of 30 to 1. 30 Kaos orbs for each Exalt.

Um, no thanks. This is absolutely pointless since you can't trade between leagues any ways, only that more from temporary leagues gets dumped into permanent leagues. The permanent leagues have their own economy that's just fine without the introduction of some new currency.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
rhah wrote:
If you want fresh economy then play leagues. Cutting everyones wealth in standard is beyond retarded. They worked for it.

pretty much this

not to mention standard folk would riot lol

people play standard because their progress is never reset, and part of that is wealth
I dont see any any key!
Oh... and quit worrying so much about "value". There is none. 10 years from now you'll look back on your stash of items and wonder why you ever had any sense of value for them at all. Trust me. I have all sorts of cool stuff I "valued" in D2. Today it's worthless. Almost funny that I ever thought of it as valuable.

True for today's game too. It's a false sense of value.
In the forums there are lots of complaints about trading and manipulation of both item prices and currency trades. part of those problems stem from the ongoing accumulation of currency in Standard. A devaluation would reset things and focus value on items. A storehouse of 6 links would probably become more valuable (relatively) than previously. If folks are not playing standard like many say, then that store of currency is just sitting and not contributing to the game.

A jump start of standard would enhance its playability.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Doing so will give FoO a true fresh start on its economy and could jump start activity in Standard.

What has convinced you that GGG wants people to play in Standard at all?

The permanent leagues always have been and always will be dumping grounds. Permanent leagues are not the game that GGG wants to make nor is it the game that they wish people would play.

At any rate, no they're not doing this. Not because they care, but because they don't care. It would take actual effort to do something like this for Standard, and that's effort that should be going toward the temp leagues and the core game.
"
ChanBalam wrote:
In the forums there are lots of complaints about trading and manipulation of both item prices and currency trades. part of those problems stem from the ongoing accumulation of currency in Standard. A devaluation would reset things and focus value on items. A storehouse of 6 links would probably become more valuable (relatively) than previously. If folks are not playing standard like many say, then that store of currency is just sitting and not contributing to the game.

A jump start of standard would enhance its playability.

it wouldnt jump start standard, it would destroy it. You would have an economy where everyone has stupidly strong gear and no one has any money to pay proper amounts for it. You got a stash of 6 links, awesome, now no one has any exalts left and if you want to sell one of these chests that would take 200 exalts to craft you can only get 50 chaos for it because no one has any money any more.

Your idea is completely backwards, if theres a problem with standard its not currency building up, its items building up, if you want to jump start standards economy you need to inject more currency into it or remove items, not take currency away. If you gave me 400 exalts in standard I could spend them in a single day just doing some adjustment crafting on existing items I have. You dont need to take currency away, there can never be enough currency to keep up with the sinks we have. Why dont I spend those 400ex? Because i dont have them. Why dont I trade for them? Because items are so saturated that it becomes hard to sell them.

"
pneuma wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Doing so will give FoO a true fresh start on its economy and could jump start activity in Standard.

The permanent leagues always have been and always will be dumping grounds. Permanent leagues are not the game that GGG wants to make nor is it the game that they wish people would play.

At any rate, no they're not doing this. Not because they care, but because they don't care. It would take actual effort to do something like this for Standard, and that's effort that should be going toward the temp leagues and the core game.

You're making an assumption that it's a dumping ground, and maybe that's what it is for you. Fair enough.

I play Standard because I have a long term view of my characters and gear, not to mention playing SSF. I have no need to see the latest shiny thing, no need to rush through every league...
"
Mal_function wrote:
You're making an assumption that it's a dumping ground, and maybe that's what it is for you. Fair enough.

I play Standard because I have a long term view of my characters and gear, not to mention playing SSF. I have no need to see the latest shiny thing, no need to rush through every league...

Don't just listen to me, look at GGG's actions. There's very little to assume. It's as clear as day and yet some players refuse to believe it, or think that they can change GGG's mind after all these years.

The variance in legacy items are the simplest, best proof. When they need to buff or nerf something on gear, they make whatever change is easiest. The effects on existing items are completely unimportant. Sometimes the effects follow through to the item (Scold's Bridle), sometimes they don't (RotC).

For yet more evidence, look at what they did with Zana mods in 2.6. They wanted to try something new for Legacy league and they went ahead and made the change to the core game. It had a huge negative effect on Standard (loss of access to league-specific items) and they didn't even blink.

Keep fighting the fight, but you're playing a game that isn't one GGG cares to support. Your long term view sits on shifting sands; there's a very good chance that your view will become unattainable because you took too long executing it and GGG continued marching forward without you.
Path of Exile should be changed to Path of Nomad since the game is focused on that. ;)

I think GGG still has some attachment on the word "permanence", but clearly do not want to express it.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 27, 2017, 6:29:18 PM
"
Mal_function wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:

Why are you sugar coating? LOL It IS a dumping ground.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info