Help me quit smoking *NOW 6 WEEKS*

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

Therapist (hypnosis, conditioning)

It wasn't even a therapist. Saw an ad in the newspaper for a "stop smoking seminar" for 50 bucks. So I took a chance, wasn't really wanting to quit but for health reasons I needed to. The speaker talked for about 20 mins and the lights dimmed and he started a mass hypnosis session with the 40ish people that attended. It seemed to take about 5 mins but in actuality we were "under" for about 45 mins.

When I said it's like flipping a switch, that's quite the understatement. Getting into the car to leave the seminar I couldn't believe how horrible the car smelled of smoke. I had the same reaction to my house, it was so bad. As a smoker you don't notice how bad you and your things smell.

@Kolyaboo: Please don't dismiss hypnosis as "voodoo", it's quite a real thing and if you're in the percentage of people that can be hypnotized it can greatly benefit you. If you'd like to know more, read the link below.

Indeed! :-) And nice story, by the way.

My father earned his Ed.D (Doctor of Education) in psychology, and I grew up learning and understanding the potential of willpower, conditioning, and hypnosis. Even though he's passed away, what he taught me will live on through me. That said, no one can hypnotize you unless you're willing to be hypnotized. And you can't make someone do what they wouldn't otherwise want or are capable of doing. So if the OP is open to hypnosis, genuinely wants to quit, then by all means, please take Shovelcut's advice. It can do wonders for you.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Mar 30, 2017, 7:43:02 PM
While I'm not a smoker, I cut entirely on all kind of bad food habits in a single go (no more chips. chocolate, candy, pastries and other similar sugar filled sweets). I think I stopped all those around 4 years ago.

The trick is to do it for yourself not for the others. Now, smoking might be harder but it's still a matter of will.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I proved immune to hypnotherapy. I tried it for other issues but ended up just falling asleep each session. -_-

I can't be hypnotized either. I've really wanted to, but for some reason, even though I can relax and meditate myself, someone else can't hypnotize me. Perhaps it's a control thing?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
April Fool's and I must have the worst luck because apparently all the machines have been possessed or something. Vaping thing doesn't work and I woke up hot since A/C works but maybe thermostat is on the fritz? I haven't smoked since yesterday. Everything stinks and I have to clean.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Vaping thing doesn't work/ I haven't smoked since yesterday..

You consider vaping smoking?

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 1, 2017, 3:50:29 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

"I might be up for it. Never been with a doctor before."
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Just imagine
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I can't imagine being that gay. LOL No vaping ain't smoking but it's still nicotine delivery.
Censored.
Instead of buying cigarettes...why not just go to a dispensary and buy some pot! Not only does it not have harmful effects on your body but it helps with anxiety, depression, pain, and TONS of other stuff. (Hopefully Marijuana is legal where you live) ((it sucks cause it's only medically legal where I live)).

((Oh, just as a heads up..I don't smoke weed anymore for the time being just because I am working towards getting a full time job..plus I don't have my medical license YET))
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info