A little about the 'botting epidemic' that's going on ATM

"
Chris wrote:
While I haven't investigated this specific case, please note that we've found out in the past that it's often better to disable trading on mass bot accounts so that it takes the owners a while to work it out (wasting their time) rather than banning outright. There's more strategy to this than may be apparent.

SAVAGE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Slick movesby GGG...

But still looks ugly ingame , and the sheer visual volume of cheating this league is major a turn off to newer , time constrained and economically struggling players.
Last edited by minezeye on Mar 25, 2017, 2:30:02 AM
"
minezeye wrote:
Slick moves...

But still looks ugly ingame , and the sheer visual volume of cheating this league is major turn off to newer , time constrained and economically struggling players.

It does, and I agree. Also I don't even know that these particular ones are handled yet, but I hope so and the team are following up.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
On a scale of 1-10, how badly do you want to murder botters?
"
H4xolotl wrote:

5. Botting isn't a core problem for us right now (despite it looking that way when you see them in town).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
H4xolotl wrote:

5. Botting isn't a core problem for us right now (despite it looking that way when you see them in town).

Chris when you see a bot yourself do you like just shake your head and click the ban button?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
minezeye wrote:
It's out of control. We can all clearly see it. It sickening.

I'm seriously considering taking break until 3.0 or I see some better kind of policing.

SSF is NOT the answer to all our problems you fucking snowflakes

Could you explain how much exactly happening to poor snowflakes ? Like we have to farm 2 times more to buy an exalt coz of flood currency via botting ? Or is it impossible to do a 10 exalted build by a normal human being at the middle of the league and getting worse and worse coz of uncontrolled botting ? Or in SSF, everyone is running 10 chaos builds w/o botting or flipping ?

Just one solid evidence, please.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Mar 25, 2017, 4:53:18 AM
I belive 3.0 with new locations should fix it for some time.
"
Chris wrote:
While I haven't investigated this specific case, please note that we've found out in the past that it's often better to disable trading on mass bot accounts so that it takes the owners a while to work it out (wasting their time) rather than banning outright. There's more strategy to this than may be apparent.

That is absolutely hilarious.
With the push of a button, bots can now be almost SSF.

Does this mean they are also disabled from accessing guild stashes? (If not someone could still get the currency that way).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Chris wrote:
"
H4xolotl wrote:

This begs the question: "What are your core problems right now?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info