A little about the 'botting epidemic' that's going on ATM

"
adghar wrote:
"
Bluntexile wrote:
this wouldn't be so out of control.

Out of control? He just said that they silently disable trading on bot accounts to increase anti-botting efficiency. So, given what he said, all the bots in town are probably having as much impact on your economy as a broken flashlight with no battery in it has on your lighting situation.

If literally one and only one person in the US were confirmed murdered by a pink flamingo, but all your friends talk about how pink flamingos are a dangerous threat and US unemployment is rising through the roof due due to pink flamingo attacks and why isn't the government doing anything about those damned pink flamingos, is that out of control? Or is your fear out of control?

Your logic is garbage. If half the accounts were bots and there were absolutely nothing they could do about it, would they tell you? No...you would get the same line. To say, "oh they arent publicly talking about it so its a not a problem" is maybe the most ignorant thing i have ever heard. You will never ever here anything but good news from them on the cheat front.

Last edited by DuckYourHead321 on Mar 27, 2017, 6:50:10 AM
It's funny how if there is an easy, logical approach on something and a 'secret, conspiracy implying' one people on the internet always tend to pick the latter.

You are such edgy special snowflakes. The only ones that can see behind the scenes of the system, who can see the world how is really is. The only ones who realize, that GGG and their game are done for but they just don't tell us yet. Just wow.

/s

Reading some replies here is such a forced cringe...
IGN: Kyrell
I've been in act 4 a lot and haven't seen that many

What servers are everyone on? I use DC and the only people I've seen have MTX and huge lazer fire phoenix wings
"
Giveitall wrote:
It's funny how if there is an easy, logical approach on something and a 'secret, conspiracy implying' one people on the internet always tend to pick the latter.

You are such edgy special snowflakes. The only ones that can see behind the scenes of the system, who can see the world how is really is. The only ones who realize, that GGG and their game are done for but they just don't tell us yet. Just wow.

/s

Reading some replies here is such a forced cringe...

No doubt one of these people will be along to label you a white knight shortly
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
Feels good being edgy :)
"
G7Ghost wrote:
I've been in act 4 a lot and haven't seen that many

What servers are everyone on? I use DC and the only people I've seen have MTX and huge lazer fire phoenix wings

Vid was filmed in California (US) gateway.

If you go looking you may find them; use the technique I showed in the video where you control + click the town WP in the map and pick an instance with suspect name(s).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Out of control. Lol.

This ain't shit compared to what we've seen on other games. I'm glad to hear they're not a priority right now from the man himself. That shows the exact opposite is the case. Things are under control, inasmuch as such problems can be.

Just out of curiosity, would you not say the same in his position?
I mean he can't klick the ssf button if he has the nerf hammer in one hand, and the libra in the other hand... Oh maybe he lets go of tge libra and that's why this game's balance is broken af.

/sarcasm but hey, as a lead dev and co, I would say the same.
No Problem,
Exile
Last edited by TheExile777 on Mar 27, 2017, 11:32:10 AM
"
Chris wrote:
...we've found out in the past that it's often better to disable trading on mass bot accounts so that it takes the owners a while to work it out (wasting their time) rather than banning outright.

Love it! :-)

Keep fighting the good fight.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
H4xolotl wrote:
On a scale of 1-10, how badly do you want to murder botters?

5. Botting isn't a core problem for us right now (despite it looking that way when you see them in town).

If 0 is not at all and 10 is absolutely, I'd say 5 is something like "I'd pull the trigger without hesitation if I saw one but I'm not going to hunt them down."

Which might seem lazy but let's take comfort in the fact that 5 is still a considerable amount of murderous intent.

Okay I haven't read the rest of this thread its about 9 pages atm and i'm on 3 iirc but when you can 6 hours after the start of the league go to poe.trade and see stocks of fuse or exalts exceeding the thousands or hundreds it ain' that hard to filter out who has that kind of numbers that soon.
"
CaoMengde wrote:
"
I find more alarming that players don't read NPC dialogue at all, it would be clear that her name reads as 'Vanya' otherwise.

you mean act4 gem and orbs vendor??

they dont have names
this game has no story

are you serious? , iam

i have NO idea whats with piety, she runs she runs, you kill her, then shes like friendly or something? i never knew whats up with that.. but meh its not endgame so i dont care

hmm in order to get me to care youd have to have like a quiz about the story that rewards exalt orbs .. or a 6link armor piece.. literally any reward smaller and i wouldnt care about the quiz
oh i guess a passive point LOL.. actually that seems like alot for a passive point.. id look up a wiki for the B C A D answers..

maybe like 4 passive points?

...eehhh id pay someone else like 5 chaos to do it for me ...

idk its something about the design of the game... like i dont know ANYTHING about the story of diablo 1 or diablo 2 beyond whats absolutely required to do the quests..
but i could talk about secret of mana, or zelda, or star ocean (a little, only played it once)

In particular "i have NO idea whats with piety, she runs she runs, you kill her, then shes like friendly or something?"

Piety ...is a stalker

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info