A little about the 'botting epidemic' that's going on ATM

"
brunowa wrote:
Unfortunately, it's post like this that will actually increase the use of bots.

I never believed in bots... just thought it was people complaining and whinging.

However, your video is pretty convincing. So I did a search for POE bot and was amazed just what is out there, a long with a whole suite of other things like trade sniping tools etc.

I'm like WTF?! But now I know this shit is available. Thanks for letting me, and the rest of the POE community know.

I'm not one to use them, but unfortunately, I'm pretty sure hundreds of others that read this will be.

It won't make it worse. Things are already way beyond control.

The only real impact for me from a "bot epidemic" in poe is the realization that poe is now the ascendant arpg.
Last edited by ladish on Mar 25, 2017, 2:59:19 AM
Is archetype pronounced arc type or arch type? Interesting video.
Git R Dun!
LOL that video is funny as hell
idk its just funny, all those clones

100k players huh? :P
Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 25, 2017, 1:13:09 AM
"
zSavage wrote:
Your thoughts?

We got unlimited drops through grinding. Has that broke the game ? If you think so, delete item/currency or w/e guilty or play SSF and you should be fine.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
D2: Stupid bots
D3: Smart bots
POE: Flippers and price fixers acting in a worse way than bots.

Choose your poison.
Hf :)
A lot of the bots I was seeing were in the 80's range (I saw as low as 73 to as high as 88). Typical bot character was 81, 82, or 83.

It's pretty strange that the bots have lasted that long. But I guess farming lvl 67 and 70 zones can get you there.

All of the bots I was seeing seem to be characters that someone(s) took the time to level and buy the gear for then set loose to auto farm. (This helps to explain why all the gear sets are just about the same, and why none of them are wearing MTX).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Watched the vid... this seems absolutely crazy. Blatant botting right under GGG's nose, with 0 fucks given trying to hide - for example putting some mtx on those tabulas at a bare minimum. Damn.

This might need some reddit attention, ya know, just to let GGG know wtf is going on. Same as the previous scandal with running leaguestones free. If that guy didn't make his post prolly nothing would have been done and/or we'd never know about the reprisals. Cos some ppl do care that these asses are banned.

It's out of control. We can all clearly see it. It sickening.

I'm seriously considering taking break until 3.0 or I see some better kind of policing.

SSF is NOT the answer to all our problems you fucking snowflakes
While I haven't investigated this specific case, please note that we've found out in the past that it's often better to disable trading on mass bot accounts so that it takes the owners a while to work it out (wasting their time) rather than banning outright. There's more strategy to this than may be apparent.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info