PSA: GGG sucks at balance

Show me an ARPG that is as complex as PoE but has better balance.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
A strawman, classic.

It isnt. While melee isnt competitive for clearpseed compared to ranged toons, and has real issues with skillgem-real estate compared to spells it isnt in the hopless place you say it is.

"
If you really had any valid arguments you would never pulled this strawman.
While I have wrote that melee has been weaker and weaker since OB, I also wrote that in comparison with ranged. Specifically, the gap between the two.
And in the greater picture, melee is now weaker to play than in OB (which doesn't necessarily have to come from direct melee buffs/nerfs, but rather the changes in other areas). That's what I meant and you know it, you just have nothing valid to put on the table.

No, i just cant be bothered to argue with someone who is constantly agressive for no reason whatsoever, spews his hyperbole opionions as if they were facts and pretends he is the epitome of game knowledge.

You can call it a strawman if you want, i call it preventing a huge waste of time.

"
You can't be bothered to argue with me? Maybe that's better until you actually learn to argue and provide valid arguments.

Arguments are not invalid just because you say so. I can see from a mile away how this argument would play out with you. You repeatedly insulting me, my inteligence and game knowledge while providing no tangible proof for your side of things other than "thats a fact" "everyone knows" and so on.

I simply have more valuable things to do with my time. Farewell, enjoy beeing miserable on the forums on your own.
"
Cataca wrote:

It isnt. While melee isnt competitive for clearpseed compared to ranged toons, and has real issues with skillgem-real estate compared to spells it isnt in the hopless place you say it is.

Yes it is. I've wrote an extended post, touching that point multiple times yes you completely ignored everything else and stuck to that one sentence. Pulled it right from the context and used that isolated claim to somehow discredit my arguments.

I never said it is in a hopeless place. See what you're doing?

Melee offers nothing compared to ranged in PoE. Worse survivability, way more expensive, less DPS and clearspeed.
So, where does melee shine compared to ranged if we're talking about competitiveness?

"
No, i just cant be bothered to argue with someone who is constantly agressive for no reason whatsoever, spews his hyperbole opionions as if they were facts and pretends he is the epitome of game knowledge.

You can call it a strawman if you want, i call it preventing a huge waste of time.

Another thing you can't seem to be bothered with are real arguments. From the strawmen to blatant putting words into my mouth.

Instead of labeling me as an aggressor here, why don't you actually try to stick to the topic and back up your claims?

Those aren't hyperbole opinions. If they were, you would easily discredit them, instead of constantly using fallacies because you simply cannot prove a shred of facts for you claims.

It's not that I'm calling it a strawman, it is a strawman. You not liking that is none of my concerns, but that is the reality and I'm sorry for bursting your bubble.

"
Arguments are not invalid just because you say so. I can see from a mile away how this argument would play out with you. You repeatedly insulting me, my inteligence and game knowledge while providing no tangible proof for your side of things other than "thats a fact" "everyone knows" and so on.

I simply have more valuable things to do with my time. Farewell, enjoy beeing miserable on the forums on your own.

They aren't invalid just because I say they are, I'm saying they are invalid because they are invalid.
They were invalid first, then I called you out on that.
Saying "no they aren't" is also not an argument.

I haven't repeatedly insulted you. In fact, I haven't uttered a single insult. What you seem to be considering an insult is absolutely ridiculous. And if I would play the same victim card you are playing, I'd be crying for being insulted when I lack arguments as well, since that is your only layer of defense, which is laughable.
I also haven't insulted your intelligence. I was also missing lots of game knowledge at some point, and I still do now regarding a bunch of stuff because I'm not playing constantly since 2013. But I would never play victim because of that.

I've actually provided arguments for my claims without fallacies, unlike you. I even butchered your own "proof" of more diversity, making it exactly the opposite and that triggered your victim card play.

I actually agree with you for having more valuable things to do, it's a pure waste of time trying to discuss something without a shred of valid arguments and just playing a victim card.

See, now you're trying to talk to me from above by claiming I'm being miserable.

Absolutely the worst claims and arguments, truly ridiculous. But what else to expect from a guy that's denying the reality.

Also, I'd rather enjoy being on my own if it comes to that, than trying to reason with someone like you.

Now go on with your fallacies and victim card play somewhere else.
Last edited by tinko92 on Mar 25, 2017, 11:22:57 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:

We've had our differences back in the day when there were lots of AR vs EV discussions, but we come from the same pot, which is melee.

Aye. Good ol' days when there was actually something for us to argue about xD. I miss those days. You one of the few left. All the other legendary old melee guys have left: Dragon, Gellig, Lendokaar, Poutsous, Juhazz.

*sniffs*
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

We've had our differences back in the day when there were lots of AR vs EV discussions, but we come from the same pot, which is melee.

Aye. Good ol' days when there was actually something for us to argue about xD. I miss those days. You one of the few left. All the other legendary old melee guys have left: Dragon, Gellig, Lendokaar, Poutsous, Juhazz.

*sniffs*

Those guys were legendary...............haaaaaaaahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa. Suck much? Holy shit.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 25, 2017, 4:14:00 PM
OP is trolling. If he isnt, why doesnt he make a game of his own that is balanced?
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

*sniffs*

Those guys were legendary...............haaaaaaaahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa. Suck much? Holy shit.

Yes they were. LEGENDARY. xD
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 26, 2017, 9:21:50 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:

Actually yes, all those guys were the top at what they did back in the day. Unless you wanna share some more info?
The truth is, a lot of players don't gives a fuck about balance, people wants fun//challenge and PoE is pretty good at it IMO.
Poe offer a lot of variety for the ones that are not jealous of other people raping the content from 3 screens apart. If you don't care what others people do, the game is awesome with a lot of viable builds. I'm playing now a kind of meta toon, but my next build will be a melee exile and I will not give a damnn if it is slower than others "ES/anyspell toons.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

*sniffs*
I thought lendokaar was still around ?

anyway, his legend will never die. heavy striking shrine piety in 2013 and that double magaera -max crema was beyond legendary

*salutes*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info