Developer Q&A - Answers Part 1

"
Do you guys intend to improve mystery boxes in a way that we don't end up having multiple copies of the same item? Multiple portal effects of the sae portal for example is pretty obsolete.

If we made this change, they would have to be massively more expensive than they currently are. Is this a tradeoff you would prefer?

Sorry to put it like this Chris but with all due respect
That's what I call a real bullshit answer
It's even formulated as a threat...

What about just adding another mtx called a mystery wrapping device that takes 3 mtx ( exclude consumable) from a same mystery box set and make a new one

You could sell it at a third of a price and make even more money since people wouldn't stop buying after the 4th same damn pair of boot

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 20, 2017, 8:48:14 AM
Very pleasing lecture :)
please don't use the words "league" and "inspiration" in one sentence. temporary leagues are the NEGATION of inspiration and creativity.

just imagine where the game could be now if the money and effort spent on dressing up the same tired (dead?) horse in new clothes every four months had instead been funneled in creating a permanent game. as in, more of a reason to play and less different buffs over the monsters' heads!

also, imagine how much league remains will clutter the game in 5 years. something like strongboxes, perandus boxes, ancient boxes, future boxes, parallel universe boxes, mystery boxes and 10 types more! add to that the 500 different buffs a monster can have that won't change the simple fact you kill A to grind to level B and quit when you can't manage to do that any more!!!

it's always a fucking box or buffed monster, and the gameplay doesn't evolve whatsoever by clicking on it!!! nothing has changed whatsoever since beta, and nothing will ever change.

nothing in those questions is remotely interesting btw. then again, the critical questions probably didn't get picked, did they?!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Mar 20, 2017, 8:41:05 AM
"
What I miss most is some reward for full clearing every single location or map. I am really a slow noob player, but I do enjoy full clears a lot.

This is a playstyle that some players enjoy, and some don't. While I personally want to see more rewards for doing this, we have to be careful to not make them feel mandatory

Uhhh like the labyrinth... Still you push that one down our throat despite being the most disliked content
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Do you guys intend to improve mystery boxes in a way that we don't end up having multiple copies of the same item? Multiple portal effects of the sae portal for example is pretty obsolete.

If we made this change, they would have to be massively more expensive than they currently are. Is this a tradeoff you would prefer?
YES!
FUCK YES!
ofc it's tradeoff that we would prefer, i mean i never buying mtx&stuff cos it's too expensive for my shitty country, but i can imagine how frustration it can be for other people to buy some box and get 3x gloves in the row...
Last edited by availablex on Mar 20, 2017, 8:55:57 AM
"
Why don't you make particle reduction options for better FPS?

Honestly, because once we have finished our optimisation work, it won't really make much of a difference to have particles reduced.
which wasn't the case 4 years ago when people started to ask it
Nor was the case the last 3 years when this idea got a lot of fans
And what if these performances aren't enough?
What about people with lesser computers that would benefit from such option?

That option should have been there for years as a permanent temporary fix
It really saddens me to know that you think an auto-sort button would be bad for the game. When you play a lot POE like I have and accumulate 100 tabs of items it turns into a big chore organizing the inventory , and many times I can't even remember where I put something of less value. The search bar already helps a lot with that, but I would kill to be able to organize everything faster so I can spend less time sorting items and more time actually playing the game killing monsters. Please reconsider having some sort of auto sorting :( ....
...and no trade Q&A.

It feels like GGG is treating all trade questions like they do actual trade in the game: leaving it in the dumpster. GGG, if you're so hard up on no trade, please just make the entire PoE game SSF only. >.<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"

I would prefer to spend a little more and have a good chance at getting something of personal value.

My previous experience landed me with 5 swordfish MTX's and roughly 6-7 Northern lights MTX's Two Cold Grasp effects and the only thing of value I received was the Arctic boots and Wolf MTX.

breakdown - 240 Points worth of chests One item I wanted roughly $24 wasted. Mostly dupes.

Items need to be rollable perhaps in 3's into a higher rarity item or let us reroll any number of items and receive something of equal or greater value the current system has too much potential to put customers off completely.

Last edited by SquashingFrogs on Mar 20, 2017, 9:33:06 AM
"
What I miss most is some reward for full clearing every single location or map. I am really a slow noob player, but I do enjoy full clears a lot.

This is a playstyle that some players enjoy, and some don't. While I personally want to see more rewards for doing this, we have to be careful to not make them feel mandatory.
Could we apply this logic to Lab and Ascendancy points? :)
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info