Developer Q&A - Answers Part 1

What will happen to resistances penalties (from cruel and merc) in 3.0?

Will be allowed allocatiog effects in MTX tabs? Im really annoyed by how they are located and all that space wasted.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
"
Do you guys intend to improve mystery boxes in a way that we don't end up having multiple copies of the same item? Multiple portal effects of the sae portal for example is pretty obsolete.

If we made this change, they would have to be massively more expensive than they currently are. Is this a tradeoff you would prefer?

I would prefer to spend a little more and have a good chance at getting something of personal value.

"massively" =/= "little more"...

Massively more then, the point I was making is I'm happy to pay more.
If GGG fixes lag spikes in 3.0, i'll buy the most expencive supporter pack they release, i promise.
How new acts will be updated . All to act 10 in single patch or divided into different patches ?
Last edited by evolutionbg on Mar 21, 2017, 8:55:45 PM
"
Grim_Honest wrote:
If GGG fixes lag spikes in 3.0, i'll buy the most expencive supporter pack they release, i promise.

No online game has ever managed to eliminate lag. Lag is primarily (though not entirely, of course) a feature of the world rather than the game in question i.e. you're asking them to essentially fix the internet...anything less and you wouldn't notice since even with a perfect game, the internet itself would still result in some lag often enough. Either that or they bankrupt themselves buying server space in every third city or something.
"
evolutionbg wrote:
How new acts will be updated . All to act 10 in single patch or divided into different patches ?
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Grim_Honest wrote:

No online game has ever managed to eliminate lag. Lag is primarily (though not entirely, of course) a feature of the world rather than the game in question i.e. you're asking them to essentially fix the internet...anything less and you wouldn't notice since even with a perfect game, the internet itself would still result in some lag often enough. Either that or they bankrupt themselves buying server space in every third city or something.

he said lag spikes, not lag
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Nicely done Chris!
IGN: lootnh [Tempest]
Thanks for the answers GGG, we all wish for more QOL please!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
From the dev Q&A thread, despite the request not to repeat substantially similar questions:

"
TheDeathX wrote:
Any chance that GGG can create an alternative way to ascent? Instead of doing the labyrinth?
incl. uber lab
A lot of people do not really like the trap mechanics, including myself.

"
CorranHorn wrote:
Why does the Lab still exist in its current state when most players find it such an odious task that they wait until the end of Merc before even trying it? Where are your statistics that say players like the Lab in its current form? Everyone i speak to dislike-despises it.

"
RannXeroxx wrote:

I agree with the other person, get rid of the requirements of the labs for ascendancy. The labs should stand on their own if people enjoy them. Personally I dislike them (a lot).

"
SLAINE wrote:
1. Will there be a alternative way to get all ascendency points. Lab is really annoying.

"
Twistx wrote:

I will not ask about Lab because reddit is already full of haters of that thing, I think you already now.

Unsurprisingly, these questions were not addressed in the Part 1 Answers (Chris must be waiting until Part 2 ;P ). But, we did get:

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
What I miss most is some reward for full clearing every single location or map. I am really a slow noob player, but I do enjoy full clears a lot.

This is a playstyle that some players enjoy, and some don't. While I personally want to see more rewards for doing this, we have to be careful to not make them feel mandatory

Uhhh like the labyrinth... Still you push that one down our throat despite being the most disliked content

"
Xeledon2132 wrote:
"
What I miss most is some reward for full clearing every single location or map. I am really a slow noob player, but I do enjoy full clears a lot.

This is a playstyle that some players enjoy, and some don't. While I personally want to see more rewards for doing this, we have to be careful to not make them feel mandatory.
Could we apply this logic to Lab and Ascendancy points? :)

It is head-scratching how concerned GGG seems to be about not making stuff feel too mandatory in most situations, but when it comes to the lab (a totally different type of content that is hated by many and, with ascendancy points, one of the most mandatory requirements in the game) that concern somehow goes completely out the window.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info